Am I Blacklisted?? Can You Help With Some Information?

Topic locked
am I blacklisted?? Can you help with some information? Jul 12, 2009
I left Dubai over 8 years ago.
I had some payments left on my car, I tried to call the company to sort it out but I cant get an answer.
Is there a way I would know if I am blacklisted. And if I am how can I sort it out before I come to Dubai?

thedude1
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 12, 2009
So your excuse is: you tried to call the company and you didnt get an answer??? :-) nice one.

Anyway I think if your blacklisted, your visa wil not pull through. But then again, if they want to arrest you, they will let you feel all is forgiven until you come in and then arrest you at the airport.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 12, 2009
Contact a lawyer here in Dubai.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 12, 2009
Why did you run away with out settling your debts in the first place?
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: am I blacklisted?? Can you help with some information? Jul 12, 2009
thedude1 wrote:I left Dubai over 8 years ago.
I had some payments left on my car, I tried to call the company to sort it out but I cant get an answer.
Is there a way I would know if I am blacklisted. And if I am how can I sort it out before I come to Dubai?

When did you try to call them? It sounds as if you tried calling them recently "......I cant get an answer." No fax number? No email address? No PO Box to send a letter? Possibly they aren't in business any longer.

You did a runner. More than likely you are in the system, even if that company closed down as they would have reported it as soon as they realized you skipped.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: am I blacklisted?? Can you help with some information? Jul 12, 2009

I would advise you to clear your debt and get a letter from the Company stating that you have done so and that they do not intend to prosecute.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: am I blacklisted?? Can you help with some information? Jul 16, 2009

if you go back, there is a prison cell with your name on it, be sure of that.
so either you dont come back, or you settle your debt, accrued of interests, fees, and other penalities.
capsicum
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat