URGENT Changing Status Duration.

Topic locked
URGENT Changing status duration. Jul 05, 2009
Hello.
I'm on a visit visa that will expire after 72 hours, I came here for an interview which I've passed but I heard nothing from them since then, I've received a call today morning and was instructed to visit them tomorrow with my documents i.e. passport, certificates, visa and all originals.
My visa expires after 72 hours which means I have to be out of the country after 3 days.
I will visit them tomorrow as instruced, and so my visa will have only 48 hours to expire, and I am going at 11:00 AM so I guess they will proceed the documents the next day which means one day to go.
I am wondering how long does it take for such documents to be proceeded? Shall I give them my original passport as the girl told me today on phone? and if I gave them my passport and the documents were not finished by the time limit I have for my visa, what would be the scenario?
I do not mind going back home and coming back when they are done, I will tell them so tomorrow as I don't want to risk having problems with visa affairs people.
My visa is issued by the company and stating that I'm a businessman. Please assist me and tell me what is the best thing to knowing that I don't want to be put in any risk i.e. expect documents to be proceeded and you know what happens sometimes!
Thanks in advance.

Conjurer
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 05, 2009
The person who got your initial visa can extend it for another month by paying apprx AED 700. Ask your new company to pay for it.
qwert97
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 05, 2009
qwert97 wrote:The person who got your initial visa can extend it for another month by paying apprx AED 700. Ask your new company to pay for it.

I will see what they can do tomorrow, but how long does it roughly take to get my papers sorted out? if it is going to take a month or something I rather going home and coming back when they are done.
Expenses here are insane specially as I'm not getting paid, have not started work yet as cleared.
Thanks in advance.
Conjurer
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum