Remember Herve? - "Escape From Dubai" - Update

Topic locked
Jun 22, 2009
Sudan turns fraudster over to Dubai Police

A man was arrested in Sudan and handed over to Dubai Police under an Interpol warrant for his arrest for allegedly conning a UAE national out of more than Dh265,000.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_a ... 24926.html

If the authorities here are indeed sure that Herve is guilty maybe this is what they could do. But considering the amount of time that has passed it seems unlikely.

Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 23, 2009
The court system is Sudan is probably three hundred years from the court system in France so I doubt that any decision from a trial in abstentia would stick for an extradition and his book would become a best seller
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 24, 2009
something i predicted after i escaped on a boat. Now i am laughing my head off. read the article, it is unheard of, even in the worst dictatorships.
now every boater must install an electronic beacon on their boats so that the coast guards can track them, it is not going to be fun to do boating in the UAE, let alone trying to escape this caged country.
but i doubt this going to apply to the Sheikhs and their boats
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 39848/1010
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
herve wrote:something i predicted after i escaped on a boat. Now i am laughing my head off. read the article, it is unheard of, even in the worst dictatorships.
now every boater must install an electronic beacon on their boats so that the coast guards can track them, it is not going to be fun to do boating in the UAE, let alone trying to escape this caged country.
but i doubt this going to apply to the Sheikhs and their boats
http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 39848/1010

:wink: :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 25, 2009
Sheesh. 100 posts later and the main purpose of this thread still remains "building up interest in a book". On any other forum, this would be called SPAM and deleted within a day.

Herve, I think part of your story is true, but I'm not so naive to believe that you speak the 100% truth. Fact is, there are 3 sides to this story: Yours, Dubai's and what really happened. We may never know what really happened, and you know what? I really dont care...

Bon chance.

dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 25, 2009
dresden wrote:Sheesh. 100 posts later and the main purpose of this thread still remains "building up interest in a book". On any other forum, this would be called SPAM and deleted within a day.

Herve, I think part of your story is true, but I'm not so naive to believe that you speak the 100% truth. Fact is, there are 3 sides to this story: Yours, Dubai's and what really happened. We may never know what really happened, and you know what? I really dont care...

Bon chance.

Then why bother to respond? :idea:

Leave the man in his value and move over to another topic Dressie.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 25, 2009
^ i could ask you the same thing? :?

Turning all philosophical on me now huh? :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 25, 2009
there must some truth in his story, disturbing enough to make the government forcing boaters to install a tracking device on their boats.
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 26, 2009
capsicum wrote:there must some truth in his story, disturbing enough to make the government forcing boaters to install a tracking device on their boats.

You are the brightest member on DF , yes you are absolutely right, I almost got tricked that this move was for the boaters saftey, stupid me .
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 29, 2009
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/560339-d ... -fraudster

UPDATE

Full article:
Dubai police to track down convicted submarine fraudster
by Elsa BaxterThis email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it on Monday, 29 June 2009

SUBMARINE SCAM: Former head of Dubai World's submarine unit embezzled AED14m from the company. (Getty Images, for illustrative purposes only)Dubai Police have said they will track down the former head of Dubai World’s submarine unit who was on Sunday sentenced to five years in jail for fraud.

HJP, from France, is on the run outside the UAE. He fled the country after duping the company out of millions of dirhams, according to a report in Emirates Business.

He was convicted and fined AED14m at Dubai Criminal Court for exploiting his position as manager of the Exomos division to embezzle AED14m.

The court heard that HJP’s company Seahorse Submarines signed a contract with Dubai World to build two submarines and was paid AED1.8m upfront.

Dubai World set up Exomos and appointed HJP the manager after he arrived in Dubai to complete work on the submarines.

The court was told that the accused bought equipment worth AED11.8m for Exomos but the order did not arrive. The Frenchman was also said to have accepted a commission of AED1.4m from companies dealing with Dubai World.

When the submarines were delivered they were incomplete and faulty and could not be used.

HJP wrote to Dubai World and agreed to settle the matter by paying an initial AED3m, but he fled the country before handing over any money.

dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 29, 2009
dresden wrote:http://www.arabianbusiness.com/560339-dubai-police-to-track-down-convicted-submarine-fraudster

UPDATE

Full article:
Dubai police to track down convicted submarine fraudster
by Elsa BaxterThis email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it on Monday, 29 June 2009

SUBMARINE SCAM: Former head of Dubai World's submarine unit embezzled AED14m from the company. (Getty Images, for illustrative purposes only)Dubai Police have said they will track down the former head of Dubai World’s submarine unit who was on Sunday sentenced to five years in jail for fraud.

HJP, from France, is on the run outside the UAE. He fled the country after duping the company out of millions of dirhams, according to a report in Emirates Business.

He was convicted and fined AED14m at Dubai Criminal Court for exploiting his position as manager of the Exomos division to embezzle AED14m.

The court heard that HJP’s company Seahorse Submarines signed a contract with Dubai World to build two submarines and was paid AED1.8m upfront.

Dubai World set up Exomos and appointed HJP the manager after he arrived in Dubai to complete work on the submarines.

The court was told that the accused bought equipment worth AED11.8m for Exomos but the order did not arrive. The Frenchman was also said to have accepted a commission of AED1.4m from companies dealing with Dubai World.

When the submarines were delivered they were incomplete and faulty and could not be used.

HJP wrote to Dubai World and agreed to settle the matter by paying an initial AED3m, but he fled the country before handing over any money.

Come on Herve, let's hear how they are framing you!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 29, 2009
Hello children and welcome to Storytime again,

This story was sent in by Abdul and he did it for homework last term. He was very happy with it and his teacher gave him a gold star.

++

Once upon a time there live a bad frenchie in a country called Notwintowers. He was an evil man.

He came to the same country as my daddy live. And me I think, but my sister she look like a monkey so I don know. He say he building submeens, my daddy show me picture and tv of submeens, all the submeens he no build

The bad frenchie man is evil and not good at maths like wot my daddy is.

He steal lots and lots of money. My daddy take my Fisher Price "easy adder" and add numbers like I am doing in class. He add 900 and 200 and 140 and 70 and money number is making easy 14 Kagillion.

Daddy then taked all his paper and show Uncle Ali, he is big judging man and he is sending the big bad frenchie sailor spy man goes to jail for ever and ever.

The end AdbulQ aged 49

++

Any questions

Yes Clive I know the numbers don't add up but try to remember this is a work of fiction not fact

Don't pick your nose when asking a question Sarah, yes I am sure the evil frenchie spy got his bottom smacked

No Sultani its not true just because Abdul says it is, only an idiot would believe him without checking his facts first

I'm very sorry Sultini if I implied you were an idiot, you are in fact special, VERY special

Next week will be reviewing a piece by M. Karbrash who wrote a piece entitled "DIB idiotic bank - they all go jail - I go Holiday"
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat