Cops These Days!

Topic locked
Cops these days! Jun 08, 2009
Whats happening to cops these days in the U.A.E?

They are helping sheikhs to torture people and on 7th june (not sure) a cop kills a innocent labourer who didn't get paid?!

And at the end they all refuse to talk to the public? :!:

supra
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2009
Are you talking about the video that was on the National of the cop shooting that irate guy? Looks like he got shot in the gut so I wouldn't think he'd die, but there were no more details.

In both cases, it's pretty hard to ignore things when there are videos of them.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 08, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Looks like he got shot in the gut so I wouldn't think he'd die, but there were no more details...

Well Gulf News says hes dead...
And Gulf News removed the shooting video few days back and is no longer available...
supra
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2009
Wow, ok then.

It looked very unnecessary for the cop to shoot him actually. It's not like the guy had a gun or anything. I think he had maybe a rake or something at first, then he was doing nothing but yelling when the cop shot him. Pretty bad stuff.

I guess the cops realised it would look bad and called someone to have the video pulled. Shameful.

I should have saved it to youtube while it was still up. Dammit. Had a quick look on UAE sites and youtube and I can't find it now. He looked like he was on a golf course if anyone remembers the video.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 08, 2009
erm of course you'd die if you were shot in the gut and the bullet damaged the liver, kidneys, stomach, spleen :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 08, 2009
Here are all the news reports I could find. Saved the text because it may disappear.

Man on Shooting Video Has Left Country, Say Police

SHARJAH — The man shown on a video apparently being shot by a police officer is no longer in the country, a Sharjah police source told Khaleej Times on Friday.

The video referred to in a story published by an English daily was taken three months ago, the source said.

Sharjah police spokesman Col Abdullah Sultan told Khaleej Times on Friday: “We know about this matter. But we cannot confirm it or deny it.”

According to the newspaper report, the video clip showed a man assaulting people before a cop shot him with his pistol. The man fell and was surrounded by people before an ambulance arrived.

Man shot by police 'had breakdown'
Sharjah: A man seen in a video being shot by Sharjah police was a labourer, unpaid for several months, sources told Gulf News. The video obtained by Gulf News was aired on Friday.

A friend of the man said he did not have money to support his family in India. "He suffered a nervous breakdown and attacked people that day with a metal bar."

Witnesses said the man was unarmed and scared. "There were many policemen with sticks. Suddenly a policeman pointed his gun and told the man in Arabic: 'Put your weapon down or we will shoot you.' He counted to three in Arabic and then fired. Policemen then kicked the man. It seems they shot him in the leg," a witness said.

Police sources said he had a sword in his hand. The shooting in front of the Sharjah Ladies Club took place last month.

Gulf News has repeatedly contacted Sharjah Police but they continue to refuse to comment.

That last one is true. After the cop shoots him and he falls down the cop kicks him in what looks like the face.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:erm of course you'd die if you were shot in the gut and the bullet damaged the liver, kidneys, stomach, spleen :roll:

I mean you are much more likely to survive being shot in the gut than if you are shot in the head or chest. Especially if there are Ambos on the way.

Funny how the one news report says he's left the country. Shouldn't he be in hospital?!? This whole thing is very fishy.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 08, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:Funny how the one news report says he's left the country. Shouldn't he be in hospital?!? This whole thing is very fishy.

Yup and one part says it's 3 months old!!! lots of fishy things going on here huh? :?:
supra
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 09, 2009
The man was apparently not paid for months, which is apparently not a crime....
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 09, 2009
ahh!.. that was a sad story really!.........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 09, 2009
Ever since AbuDhabi Police outsourced Traffic policing to the new company all I seem to hear are sirens day and night. Maybe I'm imagining things but isn't there an increase in the wailing of sirens?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 09, 2009
The guy went nuts and got shot, why is this so different from anywhere else???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 23, 2009
if its 13622 posts are like that, i doubt it could learn that in the civilization the police does not shoot on unarmed people, and if it was not so different from everywhere else why the rush to remove the video.
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 23, 2009
Yes Sage, and there would be outrage no matter what country if it turns out that a crazy person without a weapon is shot, especially in the gut where they could very easily die from internal injuries.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 23, 2009
capsicum wrote:if its 13622 posts are like that, i doubt it could learn that in the civilization the police does not shoot on unarmed people, and if it was not so different from everywhere else why the rush to remove the video.

It looks like your to busy thinking about peppers to know what really goes on in the world.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Cops these days! Jun 23, 2009
supra wrote:Whats happening to cops these days in the U.A.E?

They are helping sheikhs to torture people and on 7th june (not sure) a cop kills a innocent labourer who didn't get paid?!

And at the end they all refuse to talk to the public? :!:

If there were too many cops rather than shooting him....they could have easily taken him in control.....yeah in this part of the world things happen..but the next day..its clean..as if nothing happened..until & unless the people involved are Big shots...

Guess our guys are just trying to maintain the image that UAE is a safe place.....but things are happening...guess I did read in one of the post...which said that there are almost 60 odd crimes happening everyday.......guys you just can't try to lid a volcano which is waiting to erupt..

Punish those who are involved in not paying these poor labourers...try to mend things from the top...try doing it at the base..the whole structure will come crumbling down.....its better to mend things now rather than feel sorry later
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Sep 10, 2011
sage & onion wrote:The guy went nuts and got shot, why is this so different from anywhere else???

because the rest of the world use reasonable force not murder!!

Rubber bullets, Beanbags etc. if the man had attacked then they could shoot but not for screaming and shouting!
M412tyn
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Re: Sep 11, 2011
M412tyn wrote:
sage & onion wrote:The guy went nuts and got shot, why is this so different from anywhere else???

because the rest of the world use reasonable force not murder!!

Rubber bullets, Beanbags etc. if the man had attacked then they could shoot but not for screaming and shouting!

Any reason for dragging this up after 2 years???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat