Meeting Emirati People

Topic locked
Meeting Emirati people Jun 12, 2009
I am an expat from Europe and all my friends or relationships come from people from Europe, well I am in Dubai and I wanna meet locals, where can I meet them?

kar82
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

mean to say Jun 12, 2009
You have to make friends and it will start frim one,
harrySFRIEND
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 12, 2009
kar82 wrote:I am an expat from Europe and all my friends or relationships come from people from Europe, well I am in Dubai and I wanna meet locals, where can I meet them?

Depends on what do you mean by locals???......if you mean emiratis...well they are everywhere....and if you are looking for the actual locals....in the true sense...the first inhabitants of these emirates..well you wouldn't find many within the city...most of 'em live in the outskirts of Dubai...RAK..hmmm..yeah also in Sharjah & Ajman..They can be easily recognised...they are mostly dark skinned and have similar physical appearance like Africans.......the ones that you would see around are not the actual inhabitants. They are mostly from Iran, Syria..and the surrounding countries....their forefathers came here for trading..and eventually settled here.....so now you know. What you should be looking for??
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 12, 2009
You should go down to visit or participate in some kind of event at the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding in Bastakiya. http://www.cultures.ae/index.php They are very nice there!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 13, 2009
Scorpion King wrote:
kar82 wrote:I am an expat from Europe and all my friends or relationships come from people from Europe, well I am in Dubai and I wanna meet locals, where can I meet them?

Depends on what do you mean by locals???......if you mean emiratis...well they are everywhere....and if you are looking for the actual locals....in the true sense...the first inhabitants of these emirates..well you wouldn't find many within the city...most of 'em live in the outskirts of Dubai...RAK..hmmm..yeah also in Sharjah & Ajman..They can be easily recognised...they are mostly dark skinned and have similar physical appearance like Africans.......the ones that you would see around are not the actual inhabitants. They are mostly from Iran, Syria..and the surrounding countries....their forefathers came here for trading..and eventually settled here.....so now you know. What you should be looking for??

Original UAE people dont look like Africans !!!!, You should read history and dont make it up
Original UAE people live on the coast or in the desert, some of them live in both like : Almuheri, Almansoriee, Alrumithee etc, Most tribes in Dubai and Abudhabi are common in they come from liwa in the western side of AbuDhabi, Other tibes are mostly bedwen who live in different Emirates, The ruling Family in sharjah (Alqasemie) has a long history along with other tribes. There are some Iranians or what we call Ajim means from persia but most of these people come from the islands in the Arabian Gulf or from the sothern part of Iran (ARABISTAN) because it was Arabian Land. Most of the UAE tribes come from Najed in Saudia Arabia.
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

uaebadoo wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:

Original UAE people dont look like Africans !!!!, You should read history and dont make it up
Original UAE people live on the coast or in the desert, some of them live in both like : Almuheri, Almansoriee, Alrumithee etc, Most tribes in Dubai and Abudhabi are common in they come from liwa in the western side of AbuDhabi, Other tibes are mostly bedwen who live in different Emirates, The ruling Family in sharjah (Alqasemie) has a long history along with other tribes. There are some Iranians or what we call Ajim means from persia but most of these people come from the islands in the Arabian Gulf or from the sothern part of Iran (ARABISTAN) because it was Arabian Land. Most of the UAE tribes come from Najed in Saudia Arabia.

what about the quresh? were they from KSA or IRAQ?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

rudeboy wrote:

what about the quresh? were they from KSA or IRAQ?

quresh is from Macca in KSA
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 14, 2009
uaebadoo wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:

Well you should rather read what I wrote and understand before commenting....well I agree with your post.....but then again..what I wrote was about the original inhabitants.....try to make it simple...the first inhabitants.....and not people or tribes who came later on......and as for having physical appearance like Afircans....I wrote most of em....coz nobody know where they actually came from...possibly nearby Countries.but surely not from the gulf.....and as for the tribes..they were there..but they came quite later.....so I suggest that you check your History notes & confirm
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 15, 2009
Scorpion King wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
Scorpion King wrote:

Well you should rather read what I wrote and understand before commenting....well I agree with your post.....but then again..what I wrote was about the original inhabitants.....try to make it simple...the first inhabitants.....and not people or tribes who came later on......and as for having physical appearance like Afircans....I wrote most of em....coz nobody know where they actually came from...possibly nearby Countries.but surely not from the gulf.....and as for the tribes..they were there..but they came quite later.....so I suggest that you check your History notes & confirm

I dont understand what you are talking about (Nearby but not the gulf !!!!!!)This is contradiction

It looks like this Scorpion fellow is trying to wind you up
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 18, 2009
What your probally talking about must be the berber slaves that were brought into the Middle east or immigrants from Zanzibar off the coast of Tanzania as it was part of Oman since the 1600's and even before then there was a lot of trade taking place between Africa and the Arab world.

But they came in later and were not the original inhabitants of the middle east or the arabian peninsula. And still the middle east has a soft spot for people from Zanjibar and know some Zanjibaris who were granted UAE citizenship as late as a few years ago.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 23, 2009
hello i am emarati guy 32 yrs if you like we can be friends :wink:
abuabdullah
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Meeting Emirati people Jun 24, 2009

Open the door walk outside and if you seen men in long white robes...THATS THEM !

Sorry couldn't resisit :oops:
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 24, 2009
Go down to the creek, to the right hand side of the Maktoum bridge about 1Km - big white building with an eagle on it and some arabic writing (says The Real Emirati Experience in arabic of course)

Go in and drop you shorts and wave your old man about, within minutes you will have more Emirati friends than you know what to do with

No really

:evil4:
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2009
You guys are so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 24, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Go down to the creek, to the right hand side of the Maktoum bridge about 1Km - big white building with an eagle on it and some arabic writing (says The Real Emirati Experience in arabic of course)

Go in and drop you shorts and wave your old man about, within minutes you will have more Emirati friends than you know what to do with

No really

:evil4:

We can always make you fantasy come true sweet heart :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 24, 2009
Ok meet you at the Buddha Bar - you'll be the one carrying the tube of vaseline i presume

:D

Got any views on N Al Sheikh ? see Politics forum : keen to hear your insight
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat