Renting In Dubai

Topic locked
renting in Dubai Jun 05, 2009
Hi there,

I'm currently on a visitor visa and intend to stay on this way for a couple of months more. I'm looking to rent an apartment in Dubai for 6 months to a year and have a couple of questions:

1) Are all rental contracts 6 months or a year. When landlords say 1 months rent and 2 cheques does that means it's an openended contract?

2) Can I rent a flat here on a visitor visa or do I have to get myself a residency visa before I start looking.

The reason I'm hanging on b4 I get a visa is that I want to make sure I'm happy with my current employer before I commit to it. I know that once I've got one then I have to stay with my employer for at least 12 months.

Thanks for your help
regards

Stuart

SMUNRO1970
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 08, 2009
1. Rental contracts are usually 1 year on your own, or variable if renting a room. One month two cheques doesn't make sense. Usually 2 cheques means you pay 1 year's rent in advance split in 2 cheques, the second one post-dated 6 months away.

2. Depends on landlord. Some don't care, some want to see proof of residence permit. I don't know if there's a legal requirement - probably yes.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 25, 2009
Anybody who is new to dubai or looking for a place to stay at on short term rental/long term rental/ buying anywhere in dubai, feel free to drop a line here and I will help you in finding a place at the best possible price. No consultation fee/ no hidden charges/no top up. Rgds.
gdsurdy
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai