OFF-TOPIC

Topic locked
May 18, 2009
I love the question mark: 'May God bless you and your good family? '

I think the inference should be that God looks after those who look after themselves, and not idiots who wire large sums of money to unknown Africans :D

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I love the question mark: 'May God bless you and your good family? '

I think the inference should be that God looks after those who look after themselves, and not idiots who wire large sums of money to unknown Africans :D

You see, God being misused by godloving criminals.

It should be illegal :lol: ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 18, 2009
Religion? I completely agree with you....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2009
Religion itself cannot be damaging or helpful to human race in any way but our interpretation of it can. Without some surgery, Christianity would have had died years ago, because it doesn't go with modern western lifestyle. Wish other religions went under the same kind of treatment.
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2009
Ok. Now I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems that DF has become an "English as a Second Language Forum". There are some posters know what they mean to say, but I have trouble decifering it. It would be nice to go back to the original forum which was for "Dubai English Speaking Community" and possibly a new section should be open for "English as a Second Language".

Then we have the philosphers, posting their words of wisdom. They really need to go the Philosphy and Religion Section and spare others the lessons in life that they want to share.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 20, 2009
^^^racist^^^
wants to seperate english native from non english native

LOL
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 20, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:Ok. Now I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems that DF has become an "English as a Second Language Forum". There are some posters know what they mean to say, but I have trouble decifering it. It would be nice to go back to the original forum which was for "Dubai English Speaking Community" and possibly a new section should be open for "English as a Second Language".

Then we have the philosphers, posting their words of wisdom. They really need to go the Philosphy and Religion Section and spare others the lessons in life that they want to share.

Guess it's up to the moderators to decide what they want? They do seem noticable more by their absence than anything else though....

I'm not sure that a standard English test should be required to post here though. By excluding people who speak English as a second language you dilute the experience. IMO anyway.

Is there a Philosophy Forum, I had no idea. Is it busy? I'll check it out. :D

You can retract your claws now my feline friend (after all, we are Johnny-come-lately's here....) ;)!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Ok. Now I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems that DF has become an "English as a Second Language Forum". There are some posters know what they mean to say, but I have trouble decifering it. It would be nice to go back to the original forum which was for "Dubai English Speaking Community" and possibly a new section should be open for "English as a Second Language".

Guess it's up to the moderators to decide what they want? They do seem noticable more by their absence than anything else though....

I'm not sure that a standard English test should be required to post here though. By excluding people who speak English as a second language you dilute the experience. IMO anyway.

You can retract your claws now my feline friend (after all, we are Johnny-come-lately's here....) ;)!

Dilute the experience? Example: Sharp.

Speaking English as a second language is one thing, struggling to speak it is another. I know many people that English is a second language and they speak, read, write perfectly. It's those that know 30 words of English that I find frustrating.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 20, 2009
I agree on Sharp ;P
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 21, 2009
portland wrote:^^^racist^^^
wants to seperate english native from non english native

LOL

Not a racist you boob. But it would help if people could compose a sentence that makes sense to those reading, rather than the one writing it.

(BB looking around: Where's the lighter fluid?? Where are the matches??)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 27, 2009
Nothing
intpages
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 27, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Dilute the experience? Example: Sharp.

Speaking English as a second language is one thing, struggling to speak it is another. I know many people that English is a second language and they speak, read, write perfectly. It's those that know 30 words of English that I find frustrating.

Ahh, seem's i m geting what i need to get, let me add you, LOL!!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I agree on Sharp ;P

Say what! you're the Boss!.... ;p....
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2009
Okay! now be serious!.. Do you guy's notice, somone of our forum memebe's 're not coming to forum!.. don't know maybe it me BUT.. i feel like that.. Snow, Puppypup, Zuzu, zuzudiva, Contect them if anyone have the line to reach!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2009
I still have to see a Bar in Sharjah. Aren't they allowed to sell alcohol?
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2009
Never mind, I just found this 'Consumption of alcohol is prohibited in Sharjah, so bad luck if you were expecting to while away your time sipping from your favorite poison..'
:D
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2009
PointGiven wrote:Never mind, I just found this 'Consumption of alcohol is prohibited in Sharjah, so bad luck if you were expecting to while away your time sipping from your favorite poison..'

Are you sure you know what your talking about?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 28, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
PointGiven wrote:Never mind, I just found this 'Consumption of alcohol is prohibited in Sharjah, so bad luck if you were expecting to while away your time sipping from your favorite poison..'

Are you sure you can read properly?
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 29, 2009
Sharp wrote:Okay! now be serious!.. Do you guy's notice, somone of our forum memebe's 're not coming to forum!.. don't know maybe it me BUT.. i feel like that.. Snow, Puppypup, Zuzu, zuzudiva, Contect them if anyone have the line to reach!...

Obviously haven't looked at my FAVORITE REDHEADS and HOT AND PREGNANT threads in the entertainment section.

OMG, this Montezuma Revenge is really upsetting me. I need Desitin.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2009
PointGiven wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

The reason I said this is that the consumption of Alcohol is actually not totally illegal in Sharjah. For instance you can join the Sharjah Wanderers Rugby Club and providing you are a non-muslim you can legally consume Alcohol on the premises. You can also obtain a liquor permit in Sharjah, which will permit you to purchase Alcohol at one of the licensed liquor stores in Dubai A & E etc., and you can then transport it to your residence providing you have the receipt and have paid the Federal Liquor Tax of 30%.

Hopefully you can read the points given above.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 29, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

The reason I said this is that the consumption of Alcohol is actually not totally illegal in Sharjah. For instance you can join the Sharjah Wanderers Rugby Club and providing you are a non-muslim you can legally consume Alcohol on the premises. You can also obtain a liquor permit in Sharjah, which will permit you to purchase Alcohol at one of the licensed liquor stores in Dubai A & E etc., and you can then transport it to your residence providing you have the receipt and have paid the Federal Liquor Tax of 30%.

Good answer, pity he had to drag it out of you... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:lol: :lol: The good sage is quite miserly with his wisdom. You gotta weed through the onions first!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2009
puppypup wrote:
Sharp wrote:Okay! now be serious!.. Do you guy's notice, somone of our forum memebe's 're not coming to forum!.. don't know maybe it me BUT.. i feel like that.. Snow, Puppypup, Zuzu, zuzudiva, Contect them if anyone have the line to reach!...

Obviously haven't looked at my FAVORITE REDHEADS and HOT AND PREGNANT threads in the entertainment section.

Err, Desitin is for diaper rash hon.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 29, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:lol: :lol: The good sage is quite miserly with his wisdom. You gotta weed through the onions first!

What are you talking about now??????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 29, 2009
I think more like: peel off the onion's layers to find the nugget of sagacity inside.... ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
puppypup wrote:

I know but imagine heading to the loo hourly with both Montezuma's revenge AND being on the rag. It starts to burn and feel rather rashy from both the agonizing release and pad.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 30, 2009
puppypup wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
puppypup wrote:

I know but imagine heading to the loo hourly with both Montezuma's revenge AND being on the rag. It starts to burn and feel rather rashy from both the agonizing release and pad. (yeah I only use pads)

Ewww. The two of you, confine such talk to ur PM system please!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
puppypup wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
puppypup wrote:

I know but imagine heading to the loo hourly with both Montezuma's revenge AND being on the rag. It starts to burn and feel rather rashy from both the agonizing release and pad. (yeah I only use pads)

Ewww. The two of you, confine such talk to ur PM system please!

MCL I didn't take it into the toilet - she did. And rather disgusting it is. FYI: Couldn't read her post without gagging.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 30, 2009
It gave me a chuckle, sorry. Guess I'm made of sterner stuff. It's only normal body functions right? I think I recognise very few taboos! :D ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
Speedhump wrote:It gave me a chuckle, sorry. Guess I'm made of sterner stuff. It's only normal body functions right? I think I recognise very few taboos! :D ;)

It gave me a gag. Yes, normal body functions, but there are just some things one keeps to themself and doesn't need to share. (Gagging again!)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat