How To Find A Nice Friend In Dubai

Topic locked
Re: If u can expend money on ur friend u will make lot of May 11, 2009
newdubai wrote:Here every one is afraid of every one,If u can expand money then u can make lot of friends,try it u wiil enjoy

I don't think money can help you in making friends or for that matter making some1 smile.....more important is the attitude you have.

prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: If u can expend money on ur friend u will make lot of May 11, 2009
prettygal wrote:
newdubai wrote:Here every one is afraid of every one,If u can expand money then u can make lot of friends,try it u wiil enjoy

I don't think money can help you in making friends or for that matter making some1 smile.....more important is the attitude you have.

Aha!!.. You got Point Girl!!......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

there is alway's a way to find friends here in ddubai May 14, 2009
8) guy's I got a lot of filipina girl friend's in dubai. hmmmp got interest???
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?: [/b]
renegadehumps
Dubai Forum Guest

May 14, 2009
looks like renegade is cash strapped for the weekend .. lolz mate dont get the thread blocked ... out of curiousity can you put a count on your "lot" ..
rookiebot
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 14, 2009
Very Well!!.......
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 15, 2009
hmm .. i've to try more asian .. its a different experience ...
rookiebot
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 15, 2009
:) friends forever...@Difficult to FInd and more easy to loose them
coz u listen....fight and love them again or atleast give them a call after
5-6 months without thinking anything they are sleeping or busy!

Just came this month to Dubai@ if you feel interseted keep in touch online:)
asimkh
Dubai Forum User

May 15, 2009
Yo guys and girls! Am here in Dubai just today (Friday15 may), bumming out at the beach at Jumeirah Beach Residences in front of the walk. If anyone wants to meet up to play frisbee (or just bum around!) then you're welcome! email shortbutverydeadly then you need ampersan sign then geemale (well spell it right first!) then dot then com!
shortbutdeadly
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

May 15, 2009
Hmm!... it's a Quite attreactive Invitaion!... Mate I adducted of Drink's then!........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 18, 2009
Well Jumeriah is abit far for me... otherwise roam around with u:)
asimkh
Dubai Forum User

Jul 06, 2009
I'll be anyones frined!!!
Chris7ian
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 21, 2009
Add me in that tooo!!!...............
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 26, 2009
hi,

I am also avilable to get be a friend........
justin1979
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 26, 2009
Count me in! :D
Papercut
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 30, 2009
im here in dubai from last 1.5yr i also have no frnd so i also want to become frnd
waqas80
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 11, 2009
Looking for friends online. Classic!

Call me at 1-800-loserconnect and I'll give you guys all the tips needed to make friends. Alright? GOD.

(I'm playing around. It's tough to meet new people. I know, I know)
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2009
Looking for a friend offline or online.
D74
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2009
You'll find loads,
a good start would be with people at your work place
vicked
Dubai Forum User

Aug 27, 2009
^^^^here's your new bestest friend.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Aug 27, 2009
^^^Gave up the effort a longggg time ago^^^ :D :D :D
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 27, 2009
It is said that the best friends are only made at college/university level or may b at gatherings. Otherwise you have to search hard to find a friend suiting your criteria.
fetish
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 27, 2009
Hmmm maybe people needed to look at themselves first, some just repel other people like two positive sides of a magnet, are boring and have nothing to talk about other then moan about the regular crap like traffic etc etc.

Maybe if your more pleasing have a sense of humour and genearlly fun to be with ...... you know where this is going. You just can't be a drab fart and expect to have awesome friends. Although I do know a lot of drab farts but they are mostly rich geezers and have a posse of hangers on who just use them, and they know they are being used but don't mind as they get "friendship" in return

Thank God I have a lot of friends and I mean really good ones, like the ones you can depend with your life with. And not because I've been here a long time. I'm not afraid to go talk up to people, I'll even start a conversation if stuck in a line at the supermarket and almost always people respond positively.

My wife on the other hand is totally the opposite, she is a fun and intresting person once to get to know her and she is comfotable around you but usually keeps to herself in this bubble of isolation.

So I guess the moral of the story is to expect anything to come fall in your lap. There are people around everywhere. Just be pleasant, postive and keep a good sense of humour about you. Don't be afraid to smile and say hello to strangers. Pass a positive comment etc etc and you'll be just fine.
desertdudeshj

Aug 27, 2009
wordyexpat wrote:And I cant stand those people who just want to get drunk every weekend---how boring! We're in sushine paradise, why waste it indoors during the winters?? And there are only a few places in the world can you go shopping at 11pm or take a walk on the beach as the sun's rising, so why not enjoy it!?

Exactly, all they look forward to the whole week is getting wasted on the weekend. Will not go anywhere where booze is not available, I mean what the hell. Why has booze replaced the phrase "having a good time" ?

Everyone says they are sick of the weather back home and that was also one of the reason they came here, and then all theu do is shop at indoor malls during the day and get wasted at pubs and bars at night ? WTF ? Why do you need good weather for that ?
desertdudeshj

Aug 27, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Hmmm maybe people needed to look at themselves first, some just repel other people like two positive sides of a magnet, are boring and have nothing to talk about other then moan about the regular crap like traffic etc etc.

Maybe if your more pleasing have a sense of humour and genearlly fun to be with ...... you know where this is going. You just can't be a drab fart and expect to have awesome friends. Although I do know a lot of drab farts but they are mostly rich geezers and have a posse of hangers on who just use them, and they know they are being used but don't mind as they get "friendship" in return

Thank God I have a lot of friends and I mean really good ones, like the ones you can depend with your life with. And not because I've been here a long time. I'm not afraid to go talk up to people, I'll even start a conversation if stuck in a line at the supermarket and almost always people respond positively.

My wife on the other hand is totally the opposite, she is a fun and intresting person once to get to know her and she is comfotable around you but usually keeps to herself in this bubble of isolation.

So I guess the moral of the story is to expect anything to come fall in your lap. There are people around everywhere. Just be pleasant, postive and keep a good sense of humour about you. Don't be afraid to smile and say hello to strangers. Pass a positive comment etc etc and you'll be just fine.

Thats what I like about you DD. Open and honest.

You know what to expect. No elbow work ;)
RobbyG

Aug 27, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
wordyexpat wrote:And I cant stand those people who just want to get drunk every weekend---how boring! We're in sushine paradise, why waste it indoors during the winters?? And there are only a few places in the world can you go shopping at 11pm or take a walk on the beach as the sun's rising, so why not enjoy it!?

Exactly, all they look forward to the whole week is getting wasted on the weekend. Will not go anywhere where booze is not available, I mean what the hell. Why has booze replaced the phrase "having a good time" ?

Everyone says they are sick of the weather back home and that was also one of the reason they came here, and then all theu do is shop at indoor malls during the day and get wasted at pubs and bars at night ? WTF ? Why do you need good weather for that ?

People moan about everything. They should inform themselves a bit more before they do what they think they want.

Like join a forum and learn how people moan about the weather for 6 months in a row :D :D
RobbyG

Aug 27, 2009
isn't is so HOT here????

:D :D

Most of my best friends I made at ages 5 and 11 during my school times. I still have them, maybe 6-8 or us get together when I am in the Uk, it's just like we were never apart, and we still get along really fine, no jealousies, no old rivalries, nothing. I made two other very close friends while working with them. We've been thru scrapes and I know they have my back when needed and vice versa. That's it. Don't need any more. Anyone else I just consider good acquaintances.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2009
Speedhump wrote:isn't is so HOT here????

:D :D

Most of my best friends I made at ages 5 and 11 during my school times. I still have them, maybe 6-8 or us get together when I am in the Uk, it's just like we were never apart, and we still get along really fine, no jealousies, no old rivalries, nothing. I made two other very close friends while working with them. We've been thru scrapes and I know they have my back when needed and vice versa. That's it. Don't need any more. Anyone else I just consider good acquaintances.

Exactly man. I know what you talking about

My good friend, we became friends in the 1st grade ! still lives here and we are still good friends. Plus every since networking sites like facebook came online I've beem able to get in touch with all my school buds and we still have a whale of a time on IM.

One even flew in from Canada last year, I went to pick him and we mus thave met atleast after 15 years and it started off from where we left off, was like he never left. And also having that kind of history with someone is something else.

Plus I also have big bunch of good friends here, some of them I've know for less than a year and yet it feels like we've always been friends.

I dunno I guess not everyone is lucky or blessed enough to have the ability to befriend good people. It just comes naturally to me. Very easy to seperate the chaff from the wheat.
desertdudeshj

Aug 28, 2009
People here are are always in a shell. Even more so in multicultural relationships.
I've always been the perennial outsider. Since 10 I've not stayed in a single place for more than 3 years. I'm used to recieving a cold shoulder and I now know fully well how to pull people over to my side. I probably have a million and one acquaintances all over the globe. But I don't think I can count even a single one as a good friend. Tomorrow should I get married think my best man will be the jobless cousin who I only meet at weddings and funerals.
Really FB does not cut it. It's great for formalities, but to maintain a strong friendship via FB? Naaaa...I meet buddies from yore, but it's just trvial convos, one really cannot develop relationships on such sites.

In Dubai there is always a date, there is always someone to get drunk with, people to hang around with and that's enough.

Hopefully in the future I'll be able to invest time in more meaningful relationships.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2009
Break the shell,
Open up
vicked
Dubai Forum User

Sep 24, 2009
I thin you need help... There are plenty of Pshycologists in Dubai....

Good Luck!
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance