Congratulations To Muslims......

Topic locked
Congratulations to Muslims...... Jan 31, 2006
Just heard the news......

That racist Danish newspaper has published an official apology on their website.

http://www.jp.dk/forside/

It's on the main page.

I'd like to congratulate muslims about the concerted efforts that the masses have conducted, along with some Arab/Islamic governments, proving the people that say Arabs/Muslim can't take any consistent action, WRONG.

Freedom of speech my @ss, they intentionally wanted to stir things and rub it in......

Well no body will be buying their cheese and dairy crap anytime soon :lol:

Now they're trying to push the EU beauracracy to do somethign about it, but it' so hypocritical and unlikely since the movement here was majorly started by ordinary citizens... a social movement. Would be hard to see how they could punish the governments ........ wait a minute .... okay, bring it on, no Oil for Europe and no Cheese and Milk for Arabs/Muslims .... big deal :P

I'm ecstatic.

Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2006
Oh woop de do, now can they apologise for all the stuff we see on the telly? And in their newspapers?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 31, 2006
Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten is a strong proponent of democracy and freedom of religion. The newspaper respects the right of any human being to practise his or her religion. Serious misunderstandings in respect of some drawings of the Prophet Mohammed have led to much anger and, lately, also boycott of Danish goods in Muslim countries.

Please allow me to correct these misunderstandings.

On 30 September last year, Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten published 12 different cartoonists' idea of what the Prophet Mohammed might have looked like. The initiative was taken as part of an ongoing public debate on freedom of expression, a freedom much cherished in Denmark.

In our opinion, the 12 drawings were sober. They were not intended to be offensive, nor were they at variance with Danish law, but they have indisputably offended many Muslims for which we apologize.

yeah ... freedom of speech, art or whatever for the artist the ones that are to blame is THE MORON who actually thought of this IDEA of posting what The Prophet Mohammed looked like is actually asking for it !!!

anyway ... this apology might not be enough but the most important thing is .. its a start ... but if you ask me the NEWS paper should be Penalized and an ONLINE Apology is not enough ... they should PUBLISH this apology to their News PAPERs too ... (well if they already did then GOOD !!)

anyway ... its all good ...
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2006
Boycott to continue. Teach those bastards a lesson. Do NOT mess with Islam or we will bite back.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Yeah you see it's that kinda attitude that ruffles peoples feathers. Seriously more important things to get annoyed about than a silly cartoon.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 31, 2006
Yeah, a Danish person working in a food factory in the coutryside needs to suffer because one stupid newspaper editor allows controversial and disrespectful cartoons to be published. That makes a lot of sense...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Linda,
Thanks, i feel more proud to be muslim/arab (although i got some european blood)
you are right in every single word you said up here.

MP, Man i thought you are in the opposite camp, but i totally do agree with you.

Liban, Totally with you man, Lets continue the boycot, wear some signs and stand in the Sheikh Zayed road :))) seriously, lets continue the boycott.

Choco, still calling it silly cartoon, ok, as you wish, but it is changing the Denmark image in the world, and showed how much this country is vunrable, and how much they don't have stamina to withstand the reaction for their actions....

Kanelli,
You really make sense, thank you.

Iraqi's still dying for The states want to find WMD, and they are paying for one bad persident they got.

Afghani's still dying because the states felt like they want to have base in this area to attack iraq and that they don't need taliban to fight the russians anymore.

Muslims world wide are being flagged as terrorist because one silly (US made terrorist) decided to attack the USA, the country that trained, supported, funded him and then after Russia is down, they just left him in the desert and didn't keep their promise to him.

Iran is being sent to the Security council because their president don't belive in the holocast.... (blieve got the point)

That makes alot of sense.

Cheers mate
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
"Iran is being sent to the Security council because their president don't belive in the holocast.... (blieve got the point)"

Wrong.

yshimy, you have such a simplistic view on things. Politics are complicated and you are only making sweeping generalisations.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
The west will only be satisfied if the civilized Muslim/Arab world bends over and says we are wrong and you are right....

WELL THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Whatever Liban. You have blinders on and will only see the West in a bad light, no matter what.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Thats nice.... Look the westerner has spoken.... ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY WEST....

Yeah right........ Since when are victims attackers???????
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Have I ever claimed to be more important than you when I speak, just because I am a Westerner? NEVER. Once again you are reacting in a childish and immature way that also proves my point about your huge bias against the West.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Heh.... Its not bias my dear but fact when I speak of the West.

It is YOU that is biased against us... You just don't know it.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Liban, here is an example of Muslims who are positive and trying to effect change in the bad relations and cultural and religious misunderstandings between muslims and non-muslims. http://www.gulfnews.com/region/Oman/10014869.html (thank you secretsindubai for bringing the article to our attention :))

You on the other hand are a hater who sits in his armchair and says pointless, ineffective, and non-productive things like "The West will fall!", and "Teach those basdards a lesson!"

Maybe you have written off the West, but thankfully there are other more enlighted muslims and non-muslims out there who want to co-operate and stop the bullcrap that is going on on BOTH sides.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
Liban wrote:Heh.... Its not bias my dear but fact when I speak of the West.

I'm not biased against all Muslims, only ones like you.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Liban wrote:Heh.... Its not bias my dear but fact when I speak of the West.

I'm not biased against all Muslims, only ones like you.

Really???!?!!! Could have fooled me.... NOOOOOOOOT!!!! :evil:

You have never said and you will never say the west is wrong for colonization, creating Israel, dismembering tha Arabs after WW1, supporting a nuclear Israel but condemming Nuclear Muslim States, etc....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Liban, go man, express your own opinion... Kanelli, why you don't him to practice his right of freedom of speach ???!!!!! (Double standards)

Kanelli,
About the article, i do belive in that too, but just a quick note, if we started now we would do this in like 20-50 years, so this is a long term actoins should be in the top of all our governments agendas, but for a QUICK response and as individuals, BOYCOTTing is the way.

NAh, the west is not evil. i like american ppl and i like europeans more (i got relatives who are). Europeans are more educated and know whats going on more than americans.

BUT their government is Evil, yes, sew me for saying this, or try to prove me wrong. look throught history. check the atomic bombs, the nuclear weapons, Hiroshima, Nagazaki, NAM, Afghanistan, Iraq, next Iran, then syria or syria first, depends on the strategy, then libya, then Egypt. Well will finish them before doing this.

I don't like the term Westerns. but... well you are all using it. lets continue.

Why don't the same being done in the West, educate your kids about our culture instead of showing them movies in which we ride camels, live in tents and grow beards, then shout out in bad english and kill people, slap our wives and have huge number of childrens.

Check statistics about all the above, killing rate in the west vs. middle east (I mean in crime) check rape rates, domistic violance, divorce rate, man... you envy us, thats why we find alot of westerns prefer to retire in our countries. and come here and don't want to come back.

Anyway, i was driffeted again, just back to the post, check my first 3 paragraphs ;)

cheers
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
"Kanelli, why you don't him to practice his right of freedom of speach ???!!!!! (Double standards)"

yshimy, please do provide the evidence where I silenced Liban and told him he was not allowed to exercise free speech.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
You didn't, apology man.

See, the Danish govermnet and new paper should have done this and end the thing. But the kept deny then muslims riot, boycott, call their ambasadors and the thing got bigger.

You should thank god i'm not the Danish government, you would have to boycott me, talk to moderators, make a rally, and then i would think about it like danes. but no.
yshimy

Jan 31, 2006
So I am supposed to apologise for human beings and civilisations following the principle of "survival of the fittest"?. If certain groups or nations have had more money, more power, more influence, even at the expense of others - that is just the way the world works. This has been proven throughout history even if it isn't fair and isn't right. The strongest will do what it takes to survive and thrive - no matter what race or religion they come from. If the Arabs rise one day and take over the world, so be it - it would prove that they are stronger and fitter then. I am well aware that oppressed peoples will always fight to regain power.

Even though I can acknowledge the past, I feel that these are not the old colonial days - we should be wiser and more respectful of each other. Every nation has the capability to ensure peace and prosperity in the world, but greed and power are still getting in the way. I would rather see humans and civilisations cooperating together, not manipulating each other and killing each other. This is where you and I differ Liban. I want cooperation and understanding, and you want revenge.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
When the Crusade against Islam perpetrated by Western governments ends, then we will stop resisting...

Until then, we will never be silent, we will never forget, and we will take back what it ours... If the West understands the gun (which it seems to understand well), then we will do it their way with the gun.... If they wanna talk, we will talk... But they don't seem to do much of that from what their armies seem to do...

One way or another peace will will happen. Maybe on this world... Definatly in the After Life. Inshallah!

Try to do what you want with us, one fact remains ETERNAL: We Muslims are part of the Islamic Umma. We are the Arab Nation. The Arab Nation is united with the Islamic Umma from Mauritania to Chechenya to Indonedisia to Suriname to Oman....

One binding force between us, God (Allah) and His Truth and Protection.

ALHAMDOULILLAH!!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Liban, the next commander of the Lebanese army. :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
kanelli wrote:Liban, the next commander of the Lebanese army. :lol:

Yes... err... The Lebanese umm... err.... "army"... *cough cough* :oops:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Liban, whenever you refer to the West, it is ALWAYS in a hot-headed, posturing and aggressive way. Your talk is always of revenge and you seem to be under the impression that everyone living in the West is on some kind of crusade against the Islamic world. It just isn't so.

Just as some in the West need to seek a greater understanding of the Islamic world, you certainly need a greater understanding of people in the West and what makes them tick.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 31, 2006
GoodBai wrote:Liban, whenever you refer to the West, it is ALWAYS in a hot-headed, posturing and aggressive way. Your talk is always of revenge and you seem to be under the impression that everyone living in the West is on some kind of crusade against the Islamic world. It just isn't so.

Just as some in the West need to seek a greater understanding of the Islamic world, you certainly need a greater understanding of people in the West and what makes them tick.

Funny how convieniantly you ignore that when I speak of the west I am nearly always referencing Western governements (ie I mention the word government countless times) and I use the words generally alot...

But nobody sees that... All you see is "Oh no, the Arab Muslim has spoken, oh no, he is a terrorist, oh no he hates us....".... Please... If I hated the West I would crack open the skull of every westerner I see... I don't do that, so....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Don't put words in my mouth Liban, I didn't call you a terrorist. What I did say is that you come across as intemperate, hot-headed and aggressive when referring to the West and you need to adopt a more understanding and considered approach.

Whatever you may think, I don't feel that the West and its governments are waging a general war on Arab nations and the Islamic world with a view to destroying them.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 31, 2006
GoodBai wrote:Liban, whenever you refer to the West, it is ALWAYS in a hot-headed, posturing and aggressive way. Your talk is always of revenge and you seem to be under the impression that everyone living in the West is on some kind of crusade against the Islamic world. It just isn't so.

Great post GoodBai.

Liban, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say you despise only Western governments out one side and then slag Western individuals out the other.

For example, all Danes are bastards because a newspaper printed offensive cartoons. It wasn't a government run newspaper, and all the people of Denmark weren't consulted before the newspaper went to print. Now you use this situation in Demark as further proof of Western conspiracy against Arabs.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 31, 2006
No offence people, but the discourse so far is really irrelevant and pointless.

Liban is angry (as so are many muslims obviously), and he has to stay "Politically-Correct"? No body blamed or stood to correct Americans when the shouts of "Lets Nuke the ragheads!!" was resounding in the US. Emotional reactions are a norm when something this important (focus on that, these aren't secular populations) and insulting happens.

So please let's stop the "You should not have said that!!" campaign against Liban.

Also, Kanelli, you turn every discussion into a personal attack against Liban, whether it's a hater, or a mouth-foaming extremist ...etc. You hadn't discussed the main issue yet.

Let me elaborate on how this whole thing started:

The editor-in-chief (same guy who's apologizing now) apparently didn't like Muslims' attachment to their religion, and desired a little "feather" in their side, to "teach" them how to take opposing opinions as it seems. That is the only explanation I could think of, because what he did was ORDER 12 cartoonists, to draw 12 cartoons that WOULD be considered offensive. And so it happened.

It wasn't in context with anything, it wasn't referring to any particular event or idea. It was just "draw 12 caricatures against Islam".

And so it happened. For those of you that saw those caricatures (like I did) , they are completely offensive and are not even politically indicative of anything.

For example: The prophet, with his eyes covered with a black bar (like a criminal, but also ridiculing the fact that muslims don't draw Mohammed), holding two covered up women, with a sneer on his face, and a dynamite belt around his waist.

End of story.

What the hell is that caricature supposed to teach us? or to indicate? or to ridicule? Not a certain phenomenon, not a certain practice. But Islam and it's holiest symbols.

For people which take their religion -more or less- seriously, like muslims, that is an insult, and that poor dairy farmer can go and demonstrate in Copenhagen if he is jobless, because the people responsible are NOT the ones with the REACTION, but the ACTION, namely that newspaper.

What are we arguing about here?

Kanelli why do you find it so hard to mutter the words: "yes Liban (or any other muslim here) that was a bad thing to do, and I understand your anger" ?

You haven't shown any remorse/support/sympathy..... when even the UN has done so??

Who's the "Anti" person here then?

As for GoodBai, in reply to the post about the Western media, of which the thread that contains it was closed down, let me reply:

Very good points, and yes the Western media is freeier and more "investigative" in it's pursuit to social issues ..etc.

But that's completely irrelevant.

Anytime anyone here tries to make a valid point critisizing the western countries. Westerners here jump to the gun and take it as a whole "attack" on the West in general.

I was addressing a narrow and specified aspect of the Western media, namely: International politics and specially pertaining to the so-called "rival" civilizations, such as Islam, China, India ...etc.

The lens which we view the "other" are distorted and the way we acquire that knowledge is not innocent, more like highly intentional and motivated.

Every "other" is barbarian, and we judge people's advancement by how "close" and "near" they are to our Western standards.

We don't think outside the box, and we're -as much as we'd like to deny- really narrow-minded because we can't accept that someone (like muslims) can follow a different path that we can respect, and reach advancement or at least civil "happiness" ...etc.

We are not the nanny of the world, and we have no right to label anybody anything.

There are a lot of non muslims, and non westerners at the same time, in this forum.

Who are the only people who are arrogantly trying to -somehow- correct muslims' view of things, and impose/show that the Western way of life and principles are the only respectable ones? Only people who come from western nations.

What gives you the right? Who are you to do that?

Unbelievable.

You attack a postee personally because he doesn't agree with you (when he hasn't done the same), and you interfere in an issue that you have nothing to do with in teh first place. And then you claim that they are haters and extremists ..and...<insert media crap>.

Ciao
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2006
kanelli wrote:
Liban, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say you despise only Western governments out one side and then slag Western individuals out the other.

For example, all Danes are bastards because a newspaper printed offensive cartoons. It wasn't a government run newspaper, and all the people of Denmark weren't consulted before the newspaper went to print. Now you use this situation in Demark as further proof of Western conspiracy against Arabs.

A poll among Danes showed overwhelming support of those so called "people" of this atrocity...

So you have no point Miss West is #1....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 31, 2006
Linda.... you rock!!! :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums