Assault In Office

Topic locked
May 07, 2009
You can be really nasty with your sarcasm.

worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
Keep us updated regarding what happens.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
worldguy wrote:You can be really nasty with your sarcasm.

It was said with "tongue in cheek" WG.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 07, 2009
I was talking about red Chief. The point you raised is what most people will think. Its a world controlled my money power and I believe there is only one religion. Money!!!
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 07, 2009
worldguy wrote:I was talking about red Chief. The point you raised is what most people will think. Its a world controlled my money power and I believe there is only one religion. Money!!!

I know you were directing it at RC. And he was being sarcastic. What does money have to do with his sarcasm and the events that took place? You need to stay on track WG.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 07, 2009
It's useless explaining to someone dense, BB.
I've heard about a case also of a filipino waiter getting slapped in the head and nape for no reason at all by a lebanese chef in a restaurant in Dubai Mall. Fortunately, the management found out about the incident and investigated, which the chef said was only a joke. They promised to kick the chef out according to my friend who was there. Not sure though if they really did the firing as of now since it only happened this week.

My question, is it an arab thing to slap or be physical to their underlings?

I know most of these flips don't take it lightly when aggrieved physically more so without any reason even if they look docile and meek as i've witnessed it several times.
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 07, 2009
DDS wrote:It's useless explaining to someone dense, BB.
I've heard about a case also of a filipino waiter getting slapped in the head and nape for no reason at all by a lebanese chef in a restaurant in Dubai Mall. Fortunately, the management found out about the incident and investigated, which the chef said was only a joke. They promised to kick the chef out according to my friend who was there. Not sure though if they really did the firing as of now since it only happened this week.

I know most of these flips don't take it lightly when aggrieved physically more so without any reason even if they look docile and meek as i've witnessed it several times.

Ahhhhhh. Sorry, couldn't help my self. :D

WG is a challenge and a work in progress. Stick around and you will see.

Welcome to DF.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 07, 2009

No, It's not an Arab thing. These are exceptions, they don't make the rule. Still there is justcie out there, and those responsible for these acts, should be held responsible and be punished to the full extent of the law.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 07, 2009
PointGiven wrote:

No, It's not an Arab thing. These are exceptions, they don't make the rule. Still there is justcie out there, and those responsible for these acts, should be held responsible and be punished to the full extent of the law.

More often than not verbal abuse is big here on those people who are seen as holding lower positions. Those people who verbally abuse and demoralize people do to make themselves feel important, powerful and superior. When in reality they are very small people looked down upon by those who have any self-respect and who know better.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:

More often than not verbal abuse is big here on those people who are seen as holding lower positions. Those people who verbally abuse and demoralize people do to make themselves feel important, powerful and superior. When in reality they are very small people looked down upon by those who have any self-respect and who know better.

I agree, we need to earn respect, we don't just deserve it. Putting down others, is just a sign of lack of confidence in my opinion. I am new here, so I am reading these forums non stop to get a glimpse at life here in Dubai:) Regards Mr/Mrs Bora Bora.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 08, 2009
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:

I agree, we need to earn respect, we don't just deserve it. Putting down others, is just a sign of lack of confidence in my opinion. I am new here, so I am reading these forums non stop to get a glimpse at life here in Dubai:) Regards Mr/Mrs Bora Bora.

New in Dubai as well? If so, welcome. Where are you from?
You will see that there are serious subjects and alot of not-so-serious subjects but you just need to filter out alot.

Regards,
BB
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
You will see that there are serious subjects and alot of not-so-serious subjects but you just need to filter out alot.

Regards,
BB

Algeria, but been living in US, UK and France for the last 21 years. Thanks for the welcome. You from the beautiful Bora Bora Island?
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 08, 2009
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Regards,
BB

Algeria, but been living in US, UK and France for the last 21 years. Thanks for the welcome. You from the beautiful Bora Bora Island?

From US - New York.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 08, 2009
Ahhhhhh. Sorry, couldn't help my self. :D

WG is a challenge and a work in progress. Stick around and you will see.

Welcome to DF.[/quote]

you are such a baby Bora Bora. How cute. Wish only you stepped out enough (Bora Bora - I mean - to see the world) to realise that those were 2 diff (Bora Bora - this means different) statements. You are so thick skinned that everything needs to be explained literally to you. So, here you go and I know you are work in progress, but will get there eventually.

The mney power meant that the people on top have the power to control as the worker needs the job and for the fear of losing his job, he might actually make statements that might be away from the truth.

DDS this whole forum is a work in progress where everybody is helping each other growing. Again learn to read between lines.

I better get ready as emotional Bora Bora will take this personally and claw her way in with those ferocious eyes.

Alas Bora Bora .... you do show Arab traits even though ya bred in US of A. (Ooops, did I just generalise)

I thought I would not respond to ur daily dose of ****, but can't see you falling all the time.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 08, 2009
worldguy wrote:I better get ready as emotional Bora Bora will take this personally and claw her way in with those ferocious eyes.

Alas Bora Bora .... you do show Arab traits even though ya bred in US of A.

Well I will take the Arab traits comment as a compliment. Oh, wait, aren't they on your neverending hate list?

You really need to work on developing a sense of humor. You are absolutely humorless. I guess it's that "I'm saving the world" mantra of yours that keeps you so serious.

You need to learn to laugh a bit more. Lighten up.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
PointGiven wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

Regards,
BB

From US - New York.

Nice, Washigton DC for 15 years.
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 09, 2009
Well I will take the Arab traits comment as a compliment. Oh, wait, aren't they on your neverending hate list?

You really need to work on developing a sense of humor. You are absolutely humorless. I guess it's that "I'm saving the world" mantra of yours that keeps you so serious.

You need to learn to laugh a bit more. Lighten up.[/quote]

Seriously Bora Bora, read posts the way they are written and not the way you want to interpret them. At no point I mentioned I hate Arabs or anybody else for that matter (un like you who dislike South Asians). I conitnue mentioning that UAE suffers from stereo types and we should move away from that and look at judging each individual individually. That's the difference between a well educated, well groomed, travelled, matured individual and wannabes that we see in UAE.

I change as per the posts and try and add value to them rather than making some baseless comments. Humor has its place and so does serious comments. Its been a while I mentioned regarding "I'm saving the world" mantra, thus get over it. Do not stay focussed in the past and see what i am posting in the present.

I laugh a lot more than you and lighten up as well, but not when posts are serious are impacting somebody. If you want to funn y always, there are other forums in Dubai forums where you can be that.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2009
worldguy wrote:Well I will take the Arab traits comment as a compliment. Oh, wait, aren't they on your neverending hate list?

You need to learn to laugh a bit more. Lighten up.

Seriously Bora Bora, read posts the way they are written and not the way you want to interpret them. At no point I mentioned I hate Arabs or anybody else for that matter (un like you who dislike South Asians). I conitnue mentioning that UAE suffers from stereo types and we should move away from that and look at judging each individual individually. That's the difference between a well educated, well groomed, travelled, matured individual and wannabes that we see in UAE.

I change as per the posts and try and add value to them rather than making some baseless comments. Humor has its place and so does serious comments. Its been a while I mentioned regarding "I'm saving the world" mantra, thus get over it. Do not stay focussed in the past and see what i am posting in the present.

I laugh a lot more than you and lighten up as well, but not when posts are serious are impacting somebody. If you want to funn y always, there are other forums in Dubai forums where you can be that.[/quote]

OK. Got my serious hat on here. :|

I have no problems with South Asians.
You on the other hand have a problem with Westerners based on your many,many negative comments about them.
Your reference to me having Arab ways, I am sure, was not a compliment from you.
You are not the Ambassador of the UAE. The UAE doesn't need you, an expat, to represent them or be their voice.
I take one person at a time. I start off with a even level of respect regardless of who they are, where they come from or what their station in life is.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
That's great Bora Bora, regarding you last line. That makes you a human with a heart, which I know if there as that's why you react so passionately. That's a thing I like about you. (Now you would go thinking - hmmm ... he dislikes everything else about me. NO, I just do not anything else about you at this point of time. simple)

I am a westerner myself, but dislike the lot here. There are reasons strong enough as they represent my country and I am not happy with that. A lot of people here or not as certain countries are lot different than the way its represented. The culture and traditions are some how forgotten in the heat and lure for dollars.

Arab ways is just a style of living. It was no way a compliment or other way. Its a style of living and some people will like it and some will not. You assumed that I meant it in negative sense. this is where I have an issue with you.

We all are ambassador of UAE, if we stay here long enough. Specially to those who earn their bread and butter from here and go back to their home countries with bigger bank balances. UAE has impacted so many lives that expat need to be ambassador and give UAE its due credit for enriching their lives. Also how do you know UAE does not need expats. All the govt officials and locals share my view point and fell that expats should care more for the country that is currently feeding them.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2009
worldguy wrote:That's great Bora Bora, regarding you last line. That makes you a human with a heart, which I know if there as that's why you react so passionately. That's a thing I like about you. (Now you would go thinking - hmmm ... he dislikes everything else about me. NO, I just do not anything else about you at this point of time. simple)

I am a westerner myself, but dislike the lot here. There are reasons strong enough as they represent my country and I am not happy with that. A lot of people here or not as certain countries are lot different than the way its represented. The culture and traditions are some how forgotten in the heat and lure for dollars.

Arab ways is just a style of living. It was no way a compliment or other way. Its a style of living and some people will like it and some will not. You assumed that I meant it in negative sense. this is where I have an issue with you.

We all are ambassador of UAE, if we stay here long enough. Specially to those who earn their bread and butter from here and go back to their home countries with bigger bank balances. UAE has impacted so many lives that expat need to be ambassador and give UAE its due credit for enriching their lives. Also how do you know UAE does not need expats. All the govt officials and locals share my view point and fell that expats should care more for the country that is currently feeding them.

Fair enough.

Like me, dislike me, that is your choice as it doesn't matter to me either way.

As for Westerners here in the UAE. I have seen almost every nationality take on an air of self-importance and entitlement here and treat people in a way that they would never dream of or get away with back "home" or dare to even try. They wouldn't even treat the grocery store clerk back "home" the way they treat some people here.

As for who we are in the UAE, we are guests and we are expected to act as such. Which is bascially respect the culture and the laws. I strongly believe in standing up for ones humanitarian rights but where I can do it freely.

I have a person who cleans my apartment once a week that when she called me madam the first time I made it very clear that she should call me "XXXX", not madam. I love this girl, whose husband is currently unemployed and their children are in the Phillipines. In my own small way I try to help her out, without making her feel that I am being charitable.

As for me taking on living an Arab style, well since I'm married to one it would have an influence on me. I am able to take the best of it and bring it into my life. My husband has taken the best of my Western lifestyle and brought it into his life. Best of both worlds.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 09, 2009
This makes a well rounded person and like your gesture towards the maid. Maybe my approach of highlighting this was wrong, but you sum it up.

Too much of cleaning our souls, lets get back to clawing and cold stares.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2009
:sleepy1: somebody wake me up when this is over

Lets go back to the assault case..... Any updates?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2009
worldguy wrote:This makes a well rounded person and like your gesture towards the maid. Maybe my approach of highlighting this was wrong, but you sum it up.

Too much of cleaning our souls, lets get back to clawing and cold stares.

Sorry, lost it for a moment and retracted my nails.

I'm OK now. What to fight?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 10, 2009
Any update on what happened with the guy?
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 10, 2009
well, supervisor released from jail yesterday. he was taken in two days ago based on the statement of the worker.

worker was released from hospital the day before. no case against him.

cant figure out why the supervisor was released though. difficult to get additional details.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

May 11, 2009
Could you figure out the reality?
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 11, 2009
this is a scary thread .... i hope everything works out for the best for those involved.
Tim Patterson
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat