Pig Virus

Topic locked
Pig virus Apr 26, 2009
I am curious whether anybody is taking precorsions because of the latest outbreak. Like not flying, or travelling with a mouth cap?

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2009
I'll be traveling to Guatemala in a few weeks. I'm nervous but so far it hasn't spread there and well....I want to live my life whether it's for one more month or 50 years.

I'm consuming more vitamin C. I'll bring hand sanitizer, stay away from crowded spots, no kissing/hugging, no speaking too close. No visiting pig farms. I'm taking this seriously.

I'm not that afraid of death but I want to visit some parts of the world before I go.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 27, 2009
Maybe you could consider having some face masks with you as well, in case there ends up being some cases where you are, and most definitely for airport and airplane. Just an added precaution to cover airborne contamination.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2009
yes we all need to be careful....it reminds me of similar disease a few yrs bank called SARS....it had the same impact....but ive heard tht this will be worse :S hope not!
mahira
Dubai Forum User

Apr 30, 2009
Great post.
dubaihotels
Dubai Forums Member

May 15, 2009
I have known it first time.. thanks what about swine flu?
davidchimwaza
Dubai Forum Guest

May 25, 2009
here you have some options!!

http://en.my7475.com/714.html
Mindnu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 27, 2009
Now, it is called H1N1 flu
intpages
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2009
Mindnu wrote:here you have some options!!

Yes these are certainly better than the masks I have seen. At least I'l have a good laugh.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 19, 2009
Mindnu wrote:here you have some options!!

nice.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Pig virus Aug 27, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:I am curious whether anybody is taking precorsions because of the latest outbreak. Like not flying, or travelling with a mouth cap?

The flu has hit India. BBC also reported that schools in the city of Pune were closed for 2 weeks. People could be seen wearing masks even on the roads. I am told that visitors to hospitals wear masks.
What are the precautions you can take? Stay away from hospitals as far as possible. A large number of airborne diseases get transmitted in hospitals.
Generally stay away from crowded areas.
vistasad
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Pig virus Aug 28, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:I am curious whether anybody is taking precorsions because of the latest outbreak. Like not flying, or travelling with a mouth cap?

Nope... been travelling thoroughly, I truly believe it's just another flu, surely there are hundreds of people dying everyday from an ordinary flu.
Somehow the world needs to live in fear all the time...
marrakech
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2009
H1N1......
dinoman
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around