BYPASS ETISALAT/DU/ISP RESTRICTION

Topic locked
Feb 10, 2009
is it normal, that i get, connection to the client failed on ultraVPN?

a_y_a_z_z
Dubai Forum User

Feb 10, 2009
Mate,

There is some server problem going on with UltraVPN since yesterday. It happens when they are upgrading or for maintenance.

Just give it sometime, will be up again shortly.

In the mean time you can use hotspot sheild.

Cheers
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 28, 2009
hi. I have some problems with ultraVPN lately. I am able to connect to the client. the ultraVPN network icon becomes green, but there is no change in the Windows network icon. this is just a fact. the real thing is, even though it shows me that i am connected, i can't browse sites like skype or any other blocked sites. i even rebooted my computer but its the same problem
a_y_a_z_z
Dubai Forum User

Mar 31, 2009
qouiou wrote:It simply works by filling up the credits :)

Just personal message me and I will tell you how it works.

salaam..
this is in regard of " You can make calls to India mobiles and landlines for just 0.026USD which is 9 Fils of UAE PER MINUTE! Nowhere in the world you would find such rates. And the call quality is excellent. YET AGAIN I AM SERIOUS"
i need to know is there really a way to make calls this way if yes please lemme know the details as i would really appreciate ur concern as i have tried too hard to know cheap way to make calls from india to dubai or dubai to india either way i would wanna know ..
hope to get a helping advice from u
thanks
schmaltzgal
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 01, 2009
schmaltzgal wrote:
qouiou wrote:It simply works by filling up the credits :)

Just personal message me and I will tell you how it works.

salaam..
this is in regard of " You can make calls to India mobiles and landlines for just 0.026USD which is 9 Fils of UAE PER MINUTE! Nowhere in the world you would find such rates. And the call quality is excellent. YET AGAIN I AM SERIOUS"
i need to know is there really a way to make calls this way if yes please lemme know the details as i would really appreciate ur concern as i have tried too hard to know cheap way to make calls from india to dubai or dubai to india either way i would wanna know ..
hope to get a helping advice from u
thanks

Wsalam!

There is some correction to be made in the calling rates for India mate! The rates are charged in Euro currency and not US dollars.

-India mobile is charged for 0.01 Cent/per minute. Eventually you will get 10Euros in which the total benefit is 10/0.01=1000 Minutes/16.6 Hours to India ANY mobile. In other words for 10Euros you will get 16.6Hours worth of time to call India mobile.

-India landline is even more cheaper, 0.005 Cent/per minute. So in 10 Euros you will get benefit of 10/0.005=2000 Minutes/33.3 Hours to India ANY landline. In other words for 10Euros you will get 33.3Hours worth of time to call India landline.

For your information, 0.01Euro Cent = around 4-5FILS
And 0.005Euro Cent = 2-3FILS

For your own satisfaction, go out in the market and compare these rates with other VOIP such as Skype, Yahoo Voice, Harbibi, Vbuzzer and other various VOIP cards which can be bought in any internet cafe in sharjah or Dubai. All of them have really high rates, the cards are expensive plus voice quality is just unbearable.

Be very assured that these are the CHEAPEST rates for India with excellent call quality unless your internet is really slow.

Additionally you can call a list of 37 countries for free on either landline, mobile or BOTH.

I am here to help you in every way. Because it's my pleasure to help people talk to their families back home. So any more suggestions, deals or help you need, please feel free to PM me and we can talk on messengers. But rest assured, this is the BEST DEAL you are getting and I take no profit in it, all I do is just pass the knowledge to those who need! If you want this VOIP, all you got to do is deposit money in my bank account or give me in cash, which ever method you prefer and that's all you need to do!

Cheers mate!
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2009
voipzoom is also blocked now !!!

Is there any way to get access back to voipzoom ?
sadath83
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 13, 2009
Our big voip (voice over ip) provider in Canada is vonage. Not sure if they cover you people. Probally.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 13, 2009
sadath83 wrote:voipzoom is also blocked now !!!

Is there any way to get access back to voipzoom ?

Use hotspot shield or UltraVPN for the time being.It works perfectly with that.

There are rumours that etisalat has blocked the connection of all Betamax softwares, example freecall, voipzoom, actionvoip, freecall etc. Or that etisalat has connection problems. Whatever may be the reason, hotspot shield or UltraVPN makes it get connected without any hassle. So use hotspot shield.

Let me know if any more problems.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 14, 2009
Hi

Thanks for the Great Solution.

I have registered with Ultra VPN but it says "You can test it fot 3 days" what does this mean? They will charge after 3 days
ashi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 14, 2009
ashi wrote:Hi

Thanks for the Great Solution.

I have registered with Ultra VPN but it says "You can test it fot 3 days" what does this mean? They will charge after 3 days

Don't worry about that, just keep using it!
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 25, 2009
qouiou wrote:Use hotspot shield or UltraVPN for the time being.It works perfectly with that.

There are rumours that etisalat has blocked the connection of all Betamax softwares, example freecall, voipzoom, actionvoip, freecall etc. Or that etisalat has connection problems. Whatever may be the reason, hotspot shield or UltraVPN makes it get connected without any hassle. So use hotspot shield.

Salaam qouiou,
first of all thanks for the valuable knowledge you are sharing with all.
I too am a regular user of VOIP services. i have two accounts with two different VOIP providers till date both were working fine. Since last 15 days one of the VOIP (cheaper one, smart voip) had stopped working. Then recently one of my frnd gave me solution of activating a VPN. I tried it and the VOIP works just fine; the other VOIP, just-voip, which is bit costly is working without an external VPN as if it has not caught the attention of Internet Service Provider(ISP). I now doubt that the later one may be having an internal VPN to bypass the ISP proxies.

my real concern is to whether continue using either of the VOIP as i have heard that somehow ISP does come to know that which user is using VPN and it fines heavily (above 10K AED) if caught.
aba
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 25, 2009
NOTHING IS WORKING ,EVERY THING IS BOLCKED BY ETISAL AFTER SOME TIME,THESE VOIP SERVC PROVIDERS ARE MAKING MONY,ONEC THEY ARE BLOCKED THE THEY GOT ALL MONY AND START WITH NEW NAME NEW SERVICE AND MAKE MORE MONY
newdubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 25, 2009
aba wrote:
qouiou wrote:Use hotspot shield or UltraVPN for the time being.It works perfectly with that.

Salaam qouiou,
first of all thanks for the valuable knowledge you are sharing with all.
I too am a regular user of VOIP services. i have two accounts with two different VOIP providers till date both were working fine. Since last 15 days one of the VOIP (cheaper one, smart voip) had stopped working. Then recently one of my frnd gave me solution of activating a VPN. I tried it and the VOIP works just fine; the other VOIP, just-voip, which is bit costly is working without an external VPN as if it has not caught the attention of Internet Service Provider(ISP). I now doubt that the later one may be having an internal VPN to bypass the ISP proxies.

my real concern is to whether continue using either of the VOIP as i have heard that somehow ISP does come to know that which user is using VPN and it fines heavily (above 10K AED) if caught.

There is no way an ISP can "DETECT" a user using VPN gateway or using VOIP under VPN for that matter. It's just impossible to my knowledge.

UltraVPN is the best VPN out there, gives you an IP of france and works like a charm. However, the server is down since many days for some reason but till then hotspot is a perfect alternate.

As for etisalat busting you for using hotspot, I would say they just can't get so clever!

aba wrote:
qouiou wrote:NOTHING IS WORKING ,EVERY THING IS BOLCKED BY ETISAL AFTER SOME TIME,THESE VOIP SERVC PROVIDERS ARE MAKING MONY,ONEC THEY ARE BLOCKED THE THEY GOT ALL MONY AND START WITH NEW NAME NEW SERVICE AND MAKE MORE MONY

You shouldn't give up so easily in life mate. There is a solution to everything. In this modern world, there is no such thing as IMPOSSIBLE.

Indeed etisalat has used up some nasty technology to block the traffic from these VOIP softwares, but it's just a matter of time that some genius cracker will bypass this blockage! Only a matter of time!

For now we already have a solution in hand, HOTSPOT! Voice clarity is crystal clear with it and it's just so simple to use.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 26, 2009
I have a firewall installed on my server....whenever my employees connect from outside using VPN....all i can see in the report is a VPN connection....nothing else...i cant see what they have been browsing through or doing while connected using VPN.

That is on the user side.
But if i check my server status, i see it requesting websites from VPN users.....and i can see where it goes and comes.

So same concept. Etisalat is not able to know what you do while using VPN......only people who do know are the HOTSHIELD servers.....

hmmmm...you think Etisalat and Du would pay us for a solution?! because Microsoft already has the solution to this for a long time!
aaarhg....oooh....mmmm....sorry...ur right.....no solution....until new technological innovations arise in firewalls n etc.
guest999

Apr 28, 2009
sTILL TRYING TO UNDERSTAND VPN n all the high tech words used over here.. (sorry u all smart ppl for my lack of knowledge)
well my company server is based in Switzerland as it is a swiss company. does it mean that it can provide me anonimity to use VOIP on my company network and what are the chances of being caught over using VOIP over the network..can etisalat really detect even if its from a private or a company network ??????
huss52
Dubai Expat Wannabe

voip Apr 28, 2009
Hi There,

Can someone tell me how I can get my connection back to voip as everything is blocked from etisalat?
Thanks
nadilou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: voip Apr 28, 2009
nadilou wrote:Hi There,

Can someone tell me how I can get my connection back to voip as everything is blocked from etisalat?
Thanks

Mate,

I am tired of telling people here to use either Hotspot shielf or UltraVPN in order to make calls through VOIP.

Once you are connected with Hotspot Shield or UltraVPN, you can easily log in your VOIP dialers and start calling.

It's that simple.

Let me know if there is any more trouble.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

voip Apr 28, 2009
Mate,

thanks for the advice.
I have installed ultravpn but i still cannot use voipstunt.
i have seen that you know a provider for unlimited calls for uk (and france as well?) for 2.50 euro a month?
is it for landlines?
thanks for the info
nadilou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: voip Apr 28, 2009
nadilou wrote:Mate,

thanks for the advice.
I have installed ultravpn but i still cannot use voipstunt.
i have seen that you know a provider for unlimited calls for uk (and france as well?) for 2.50 euro a month?
is it for landlines?
thanks for the info

If you have installed it, then VOIPSTUNT should work.

Just for you, I personally tried VOIPSTUNT and it did sign in. So that means it does work with UltraVPN, maybe there is some other problem with your computer.

As for France and UK, VOIPSTUNT does allows you to make free calls to UK and France landline provided you have purchased credits with them in past.

I will try to explain you something.

If your purchase 10Euro for example(from VOIPSTUNT etc), you will be entitled to call UK/France landline for free to up to 90 days. If in between you purchase more credits, then again 90 days will be added to your previous 90 days.

But the REAL DEAL is, it will give you total of 180 DAYS of free calling, even if you run out of credits or it becomes 0.00Euro, you can still call these free destinations!!!

As for the VOIP which offers 2.50Euro/Monthly, it is VOIPZOOM. Their offer is the same as above but with an alternate offer also. If you do not WISH TO CALL NON FREE DESTINATIONS, then you can simply subscribe to their monthly rate of 2.50Euro and CALL FOR FREE to these countries below:

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Chile
China (+mobile)
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Guam
Hong Kong (+mobile)
Hungary
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Panama
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Russian Federation [moscow]
Russian Federation [st Petersburg]
Singapore (+mobile)
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
United Kingdom
United States (+mobile)

Let me know if any more queries.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

ultravpn Apr 29, 2009
Hi Mate,

I have installed ultravpn and voip is working properly.
However, I cannot send any mails when I am connected through ultravpn. It says that he cannot get connected to the local server. Can yo please help for that?
Thanks my friend
nadilou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: ultravpn Apr 29, 2009
nadilou wrote:Hi Mate,

I have installed ultravpn and voip is working properly.
However, I cannot send any mails when I am connected through ultravpn. It says that he cannot get connected to the local server. Can yo please help for that?
Thanks my friend

What mails you are talking about?

If it's through Outlook, then I am afraid there is some sort of issue while sending mails in outlook while connected with UltraVPN. I have experienced that too but I am still working on how to resolve that.

Will let you know when it's resolved.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

ultravpn Apr 29, 2009
talking about windows live mail.
thanks
nadilou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: ultravpn Apr 29, 2009
nadilou wrote:talking about windows live mail.
thanks

Windows mail is working with UltaVPN. There's no problem in it, I have checked it myself.

Must be an issue with your computer or something. Perhaps you have to uncheck the proxy in internet options.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

May 01, 2009
how do i recharge my account in UltraVPN?? The site is blocked??!!
a_y_a_z_z
Dubai Forum User

May 01, 2009
It's for free.

Try accessing the website through some proxy.

If still no access, let me know I will send you the setup file.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

May 01, 2009
I already have the software installed, but its been days since i have used it, so usually i right click on the icon and click on recharge my account.

I tried it today but the site is blocked.

any way of accessing it without installing hotspot?
a_y_a_z_z
Dubai Forum User

May 01, 2009
a_y_a_z_z wrote:I already have the software installed, but its been days since i have used it, so usually i right click on the icon and click on recharge my account.

I tried it today but the site is blocked.

any way of accessing it without installing hotspot?

You do not kinda make sense to me.

When you right click on it, you need to click on "CONNECT" and not recharge account. That option of recharging i just a blank option, Ultravpn does not charge anything for it's usage.

Just click on connect, type your username and password and you will be connected.

That's all.
qouiou
Dubai Forums Member

May 01, 2009
it worked!! thanks :D
a_y_a_z_z
Dubai Forum User

May 05, 2009
ultravpn is not connecting. It is always restarting. What can I do?
Thanks
nadilou
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 07, 2009
nadilou wrote:ultravpn is not connecting. It is always restarting. What can I do?
Thanks

Blocked by the Big Brother...Cheers :evil:

P.S: It starts working again.... :lol:
freeneasy1
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk