Women Driving In Dubai

Topic locked
women driving in dubai Jan 26, 2006
some one told me women are not allowed to drive in dubai is this correct ?

**naads**
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 26, 2006
No, that is incorrect. Women are allowed to drive in Dubai (and all the Emirates). If a woman is getting her license here in Dubai she needs to have a female driving instructor, or obtain special permission to have a male driving instructor. Otherwise, there is no difference whatsoever. I believe that Saudi Arabia is the only country that does not allow women to drive.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 26, 2006
thanks for that :lol:
**naads**
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 26, 2006
Saudi knows women are crap driver :)

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 27, 2006
HP wrote:Saudi knows women are crap driver :)

She don't look very Saudi to me.... Don't even look like Saudi Arabia... But you have a point somewhere there...

**Flame Suit On**

All women are bad drivers!!!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 27, 2006
This isn't from me Liban!!!!

"Well he must be a woman then!!!!" (from someone who drove in the passenger seat of your car) :)
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 28, 2006
It's been scientifically proven that women are better drivers than men!

You should have seen the 2 guys I saw last night making a complete hash job of parking! When they saw me neatly reverse parallel park into a tight spot, in my big car, they tried to copy and made a complete arse of it! This after they failed to go in forwards - losers!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 28, 2006
i heard that gals are self praised.. but u prooved it.. whenever we see an accident or a stupid traffic jam.. we always say, driver mst b a gal or an old man.. :)

Chocoholic wrote:It's been scientifically proven that women are better drivers than men!

You should have seen the 2 guys I saw last night making a complete hash job of parking! When they saw me neatly reverse parallel park into a tight spot, in my big car, they tried to copy and made a complete arse of it! This after they failed to go in forwards - losers!
Ryan
Dubai Forum User

Jan 28, 2006
kelly1966 wrote:This isn't from me Liban!!!!

"Well he must be a woman then!!!!" (from someone who drove in the passenger seat of your car) :)

That makes no sense.... The person who said it therefore has no common sense... Pitiful.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:It's been scientifically proven that women are better drivers than men!

I totally disagree Choc. The survey you refer too, was only taken from a sample of female drivers that excluded those that

1/ Those that drive constantly checking their make up in mirror

2/ Those that check "their hair" in mirror every 2 minutes.

3/ Those that put their Lippy on whilst driving

4/ Those that steer with their knee's whilst putting on Nail Varnish

5/ Those that drive with 5 inch stilletos

6/ Those that always put their car into reverse whilst pulling away at Traffic Lights

7/ Those that drive in the outside lane at 40 mph

8/ Those that try to park their cars whislt

a/causing huge traffic jams trying to get a car into a space the size of an Aircraft Carrier

b/ trying to park a Range Rover into a space only big enough for a Mini Cooper

9/ Those that drive with one hand out the window and the other out of the sun roof when drying their new nail varnish ( see 4 also)

10/ Those that talk to the passengers in the rear whilst looking at them and travelling at 100mph.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 28, 2006
Yeah yeah yeah, well I have three words that prove it: 'Cheaper car insurance!'
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 28, 2006
you Girls must be crazy to even argue on this... its true... women drivers are totally CONFUSED DRIVERS!!

its true what ryan said, when there is a lot of honking we hear on the road, we say "must be a girl" or even when i notice that the car next to me is driven by a girl... I make sure I keep away from that car!! Coz you never know when they brake, turn right, left whatever!

Although, of course there are exceptions …
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 28, 2006
Well, I'm a good driver so I don't care about anyone else - humph!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 28, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well, I'm a good driver so I don't care about anyone else - humph!

But Choc

All women drivers say that :?

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Jan 28, 2006
yeh yeh yeh.. I mentioned about exception
I guess you (choco) and me fit there :wink: haha
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 28, 2006
The concept of a woman "driver" makes me laugh... :lol: :lol:

j/k
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
If Choco were the ruler of Dubai :0)

HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 28, 2006
Why are all the blue cars Subaru Imprezas and the red ones 1960s body style Mustangs??
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
Liban wrote:
kelly1966 wrote:This isn't from me Liban!!!!

That makes no sense.... The person who said it therefore has no common sense... Pitiful.

It does make sense if you read it correctly. The statement wasn't coming from me....it was coming from my other half after he read what you wrote.....
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 28, 2006
kelly1966 wrote:
It does make sense if you read it correctly. The statement wasn't coming from me....it was coming from my other half after he read what you wrote.....

Does he feel like a big boy now that he made that statement???

Give him a lollypop, he's a good boy....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
What was that supposed to mean.......why don't you come on msn so we can chat, civilly?

All he said was that he drove with you and you're not a good driver either (his opinion).
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 28, 2006
kelly1966 wrote:What was that supposed to mean.......why don't you come on msn so we can chat, civilly?

All he said was that he drove with you and you're not a good driver either (his opinion).

1) I don't care for his opinion.... I have never had a single accident in my life, so uhhh.... like whateverrrrr!!!!

2) I am on MSN so if you don't see me, well I dunno what to tell you....

3) How is "afriend" doing?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 28, 2006
Liban wrote:
kelly1966 wrote:What was that supposed to mean.......why don't you come on msn so we can chat, civilly?

1) I don't care for his opinion.... I have never had a single accident in my life, so uhhh.... like whateverrrrr!!!!

I'll log on now then.......

3) Now what are you talking about???
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 28, 2006
kelly1966 wrote:
Liban wrote:

I'll log on now then.......

3) Now what are you talking about???

Never mind.... Ask your spouse or sister if you really don't know...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 29, 2006
women are better drivers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

also which way traffic is dubai left or right hand
**naads**
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 29, 2006
i dont really know about that ... women being good drivers and all ... few of them yes ... cause most of the women i know personally get confused between left and right !!!

And most of the women i encounter on the roads cant make up their minds wether to take the left lane or the center lane ... so they might have figured to stay "ON" the LINE ( that seperate left and middle lane) while they are making up their mind ... hmmm lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I dont know it might be because they dont want to ruin their manicures ... they just decided that signals are far less important than their manicures :lol: :lol:

and so far 1 lady hit me from my left side out of nowhere in the middle of a saturday morning rush hour !! well that didnt surprised me as much as when she yelled at me saying what was i doing there? and i made her late ?? i was like thinking to myself WTF?? i was happily minding my own business and was on line waiting for the lights then she bumped me and she was screaming ???? WTF?? but i just shrug and said hey nice dress ! i mean i dont really mind a free paint job on my entire left door sides! ??

second . 3 weeks later.. i was in Karama southern friend chicken i was eating my lunch ... and looking at my newly FREE painted car ... when i was just about to bite on my 3rd chicken i heard a loud crunchy sound of metal being bended and glass shattering !!! i looked up and saw a huge landcruiser had crushed my car's front side then i screamed YESSSS !!! fck im getting new front make over !!! and the best thing is again its free !!! where i later found out when i got out there are scratches on my right side and the rear bumber was bent because she moved my car up to the wall and to the next car !!! I told her !! thank you very much would you like a chicken while waiting for the police?? and again she screamed at me !! geeez she damaged my car and i offered her chicken and she's screaming ??? please !!! hahahahaha I swear this sooooo true !!! now my 1992 company provided nissan sunny looks new !!!! the only thing left is the top im in a way hopin that oneday i wish !!!! SOME angry wife would throw her husband out of the balcony and i wish my car would be there to take the fall !!!! hahahaaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(honestly these stories are 100% true) even i cant believe my luck !!!! cause my sched to get a new car is by May .. and ALL of my Office mates are already driving their brandnew company provided cars but now its all good cause mine looks new aswell !!! and its even shinier heheheehehe

horseback riding yes!!! i would admit women are GREAT RIDERS (dont you guys agree ???) !!! :lol: :lol:
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 29, 2006
That is Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Funny MP

I think we can now safely conclude that women drivers are argggggggggggggg and to be avoided at all costs. 8)

One interesting point in UAE. Women drivers are taught by Women Instuctors (unless there are extenuating circumstances). :shock:

Soooooo, i propose that all of us lads email Dubai Municipality Dept asking for a proviso that "the fact that the Instuctor is a Female is enough of of reason to qualify for exemption on the grounds of Safety"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ps:

.... and i haven't even mentioned the fact that GAB is driving her hubby's tank and the reasons as too why this is :lol: :lol:

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Jan 29, 2006
Oh Arnie...........you changed my whole perspective on you :?

I must admit women drivers are given a bad name and rightfully so for some of them, but the same goes for men......There are good and ban in every situation :lol:
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 29, 2006
Well I have to say that the majority of accidents I've seen on the Dubai roads all involved men! I saw 4 yesterday, all guys! Nuff said really. Guys are too aggressive, drive too wrecklessly and thats what gets them into trouble. Sure there are some ditzy women drivers out there, but it's the guys causing the problems.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 29, 2006
Arnie-my driving is fine, I'll have you know!! It is other peoples driving that is...well...less than perfect. Unfortunately, the funniest thing I saw the other day was a woman driving over a speed hump speaking on her mobile phone(right hand) and taking a puff from her cigarette (in her left hand) :shock: I didn't know if she should be congratulated for multitasking and or abused for complete incomprehensible stupidity.

Actually, I think statistically you find men are the worst drivers- especially in the 18 to 25 bracket! Fact is so far removed from fiction boys!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat