Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
moving to dubai Jul 18, 2004
hello 2 all.. i have accepted a job in Dubai and i sure am looking forward to the move but have a few questions that are on my mind...like, i heard that driving in dubai is pretty scary( but living in thailand there are heaps of kamikazzees!!!) is it as bad as i heard, also what sort of price would you pay for a car ..say a 10yrold merc...also what is the normal price for a 2 bedroom apartment with all mod cons and where is the best areas to live..thanks in advance...

fab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 18, 2004
well a what sorta of income are you expecting that would help.
obviously apartments vary accoding to area.

cars are cheap and plentiful.

and about the accidents its true. the roads are organised and most ppl follow the rules so you wont notice it but the random phyco will cross your path. sheik zaid road is hold the world record for most car accidents. guiness :).

but dont worry you wont notice it
FAKESPIKE

Jul 18, 2004
welcome! I don't really understand why driving shld be scary. govt has a pretty tight screening procedures, i know so coz im trying to get license. 2 bedroom apt. depends on the location, bur dubai is ok, sharjah and deira is cheap, more or less 50K. About the cars, Bic Tic J a.k.a Dr Love with the capital L can be much help on this.

enjoy.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 19, 2004
Guys...thanks for your comments, money for housing is approx EAD 7162 per month or 85944 per year, also my partner will also get work and i suspect a reasonable package..so it could go higher, but with the above figures, what can i expect in a nice part of town or near the beach, furnished apartment\condo? thanks again for any advice.and ill mail the j dude for some advice...on cars, thanks again, fab
fab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 19, 2004
yea definatly with 85 a year you can get ur self a beautiful 2 bed room in any of the good location like downtown or on the beach.
FAKESPIKE

Jul 19, 2004
are u kidding me, thats more than enough.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 28, 2004
whoa....just found out that since im not officially maried that my allowance drops...hmmmm like a lot....looking around the mid 50s - 60s......will go back up once that asle is walked, can we still get a decent place, all we want is a 2-3 bdrm apartment, sorry to sound like a bonehead, but can it be done .
fab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 29, 2004
Its gonna be hard but do-able. If there's a will there will always be a way. Options are too many depending on your priority list.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 29, 2004
good on you leila..im not worried to spend a bit extra,in your opinion..where would be the best place to live..near the beach or downtown, what are the advantages, disadvantages,,etc, im happy to hear all opinions..thanks again...
fab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 03, 2004
No doubt surely you will love to live near the beach and besides its not that far to go downtown on busy streets and fast cars. Advantage is totally romantic with your significant other the disadvantage is when ur alone and he is downtown. hehehhe, kidding. Cons ...hmmm....no that much i can think of for the negative coz i love beach side and everyone else' as well.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 04, 2004
God damn i know its being long time me on the forum dissin but u i cant miss u u 500pound, clown lookin trash can u tellin the guy mad lies so fcuk u & ur stinkin clit hahahaahahha
tha don
ish
ISH
Dubai chat master

Aug 04, 2004
Mate...Ish, im just looking for info, leila at least has been helpful, you on the other hand, being a studmonkey an all, is just being a wanker, get a life.....
fab
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 05, 2004
Thanks fab! Just ignore him, he is doing that just to get my attention. He has a big crush on me coz when he saw me he cant even say a word and this is his way of making me notice him. Tell you what, let him talk and talk u will notice after few messages that he just repeats the same lines and words over and over again.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 05, 2004
was gonna say somethin

but this aint my battle so im jst gonna sit back an let it ride

cause the both of u know that im da don
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Aug 05, 2004
jamal's new found wisdom! i like.
FAKESPIKE

Oct 30, 2004
Heya Fab,

How did you manage to find a job there? Any advise you can give me because my husband is trying to find a job in the building industry there. Any help is welcome :wink:
Vanessa

Nov 03, 2004
There are alot of jobs here, and developments are upcoming.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum