Visitor Visa Expiry

Topic locked
visitor visa expiry Mar 27, 2009
Hi there,

Wondered if someone can kindly help me? I am on a visitor visa stamped 6th March 09 and its for 30 days. I am flying back to UK at around 12.20am on 6th April. I've counted the days since the stamp and I think it expires on the 5th April. Do you reckon that immigration could kick up a fuss for what might be an overstay of 1 day? If they do deem it to be an overstay what will happen? someone has told me they will charge me for the extra day. Can you please advise?

Much appreciated

Stuart

SMUNRO1970
Dubai Forums Member

Re: visitor visa expiry Mar 27, 2009
SMUNRO1970 wrote:Hi there,

Wondered if someone can kindly help me? I am on a visitor visa stamped 6th March 09 and its for 30 days. I am flying back to UK at around 12.20am on 6th April. I've counted the days since the stamp and I think it expires on the 5th April. Do you reckon that immigration could kick up a fuss for what might be an overstay of 1 day? If they do deem it to be an overstay what will happen? someone has told me they will charge me for the extra day. Can you please advise?

Much appreciated

Stuart

I don't believe there is a fine for overstaying 1-2 days, even a little more. If so it's not huge anyway, and it's on a daily basis. To be sure, ask the DNRD on 04 8818777.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: visitor visa expiry Mar 28, 2009
SMUNRO1970 wrote:Do you reckon that immigration could kick up a fuss for what might be an overstay of 1 day?

They won't kick up a fuss but they will charge you. 100 dhs for overstaying + 100 dhs per day (or 200 dhs - it might have gone up).
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: visitor visa expiry Mar 28, 2009
bonk wrote:
SMUNRO1970 wrote:Do you reckon that immigration could kick up a fuss for what might be an overstay of 1 day?

They won't kick up a fuss but they will charge you. 100 dhs for overstaying + 100 dhs per day (or 200 dhs - it might have gone up).

Hi. Is there not a period of grace any more? I think they used to allow you a few days before applying the penalty (maybe only for free-visa countries?). Also for residence visa last year they gave 30 days extra to renew it (but like a jackass I went over that too).

The DNR I guess will be the best place to check.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum