I Love Cats; Xxxx Have Cats; Bloody Xxxx; You Stupid Xxxx..

Topic locked
I love cats; xxxx have cats; bloody xxxx; You stupid xxxx.. Mar 12, 2009
Insert Locals, Muslims, Arabs, Westerners, Americans, Australians, Brits, Indians, Filipinos or whatever into the xxxx place and you pretty much have most threads on this forum.

Can't you w*nkers talk about anything without it dissolving into a flame war about races? Race and racism are important topics, but if every thread here turns into a race-war then we might as well rename it as Race-Hate-Forums.com and be done with it.

Let's talk about kittens instead.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
the laughing kitten was chocoholic once!!!!

:lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
Indeed...Once upon a time ;)

Since I joined I only saw the grumpy Choco passing by.
Maybe she's on a Choco diet or something.

Lets make her cheer up again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXrgGmQi ... re=related

ps: Look, this is me dancing with Choco Galaxy ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXrgGmQi ... re=related
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2009
Captain Aus with the humane disposition think about it. . .

Isn’t Dubai and the GCC in general, overtly racist places where people are stigmatized and stereotyped primarily based on looks into a certain group regardless of their up-bringing and education?

Isn’t Dubai also a place where one could see apartheid-centric, job postings where only UK, American, South African (presumably white S.African’s) may apply.

And lastly isn’t Dubai also the lovely place where 33 countries have visas on arrival with generous extensions as opposed to the rest of the world thus practicing a wider form of immigration-passport racism.

Okay I won’t argue with the passport racism and am glad I fall under the 33 countries. :lol:

Face the truth and own up to it. Dubai forums is a reflection of Dubai and after staying in Dubai one does come out a tad more racist than entering it before, simply because of the overt and covert forms of racism on display in the most subtlest of service encounters and day to day behavior patterns and interactions with others..

Meow you Adelaide fur ball with a bad sense of dressing and a croaky voice through destroying your larynx with all those Winfields
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 12, 2009
Stray cats are shitting all over my building, and people still keep feeding them.

Oh, and I missed out on a free trip to France because the Frenchies want more than 15 days to process my 3-day visa, since my country now suddenly falls under "the list". The free trip people didn't get me the hotel reservation in time.

And all this happened today. No kidding.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 13, 2009
gtmash wrote:Stray cats are shitting all over my building, and people still keep feeding them.

Oh, and I missed out on a free trip to France because the Frenchies want more than 15 days to process my 3-day visa, since my country now suddenly falls under "the list". The free trip people didn't get me the hotel reservation in time.

And all this happened today. No kidding.

Sorry for you dude :)
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2009
godsent wrote:Captain Aus with the humane disposition think about it. . .

Isn’t Dubai and the GCC in general, overtly racist places where people are stigmatized and stereotyped primarily based on looks into a certain group regardless of their up-bringing and education?

Isn’t Dubai also a place where one could see apartheid-centric, job postings where only UK, American, South African (presumably white S.African’s) may apply.

And lastly isn’t Dubai also the lovely place where 33 countries have visas on arrival with generous extensions as opposed to the rest of the world thus practicing a wider form of immigration-passport racism.

Okay I won’t argue with the passport racism and am glad I fall under the 33 countries. :lol:

Face the truth and own up to it. Dubai forums is a reflection of Dubai and after staying in Dubai one does come out a tad more racist than entering it before, simply because of the overt and covert forms of racism on display in the most subtlest of service encounters and day to day behavior patterns and interactions with others..

Meow you Adelaide fur ball with a bad sense of dressing and a croaky voice through destroying your larynx with all those Winfields

That's a nice and well articulated explanation of what's going on. I learnt here that the system is usually stronger than individual thoughts and no matter how modern and humane you are. All this could change if you're pushed and/or tempted.

If we disagree with something we can change it. We can do less stereotyping and we can reject racism in a more strict manner.

I once told a story about myself being racially abused by a woman and less than 10% of the replies focused on the core topic. I even got a reply stating that "maybe she had a bad day"...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2009
where is choc? I wonder if everything is alrite.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
Cap!?

Its unbelievable...they're still talking about kitties. ;)
No Hamas intervention yet pfoeee

:D:D:D
RobbyG

Mar 13, 2009
Nice words godsent. I agree with most of what you said, especially about coming here making some people more racist. Ironic that, moving to a multi-cultural location and all.

I guess we can't ignore the Elephant in the room. Dubai has the most institutionalised racism I've ever seen.

godsent wrote:Meow you Adelaide fur ball with a bad sense of dressing and a croaky voice through destroying your larynx with all those Winfields

I strongly disagree with this statement though. I smoke Marlboros you cad!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 13, 2009
Well said Godsent..........
CA intitiative to stand up against racism, is appreciated........

But I guess Realism, shall always prevail over Optimism.....

I agree with most of what you said, especially about coming here making some people more racist. Ironic that, moving to a multi-cultural location and all - CA

Well it depends on exposure, the multi-cultural aspect is only for the well heeled!

Most Indians go to Indian schools, Most locals go to local schools.....
Only the well heeled can afford to go to those truly diverse schools(IB etc). This argument doese'nt only apply to schools it extends beyond as well!

As godsent said- one probably ends up coming out more racist then before!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
But I must also point out that, compared to teh last 5-10 yrs....Things have changed big time! Tolerance and cultural harmony across all communities is on the rise, racism in becoming a thing of the past!
I go to university here, and across all races and cultures there is a sense of harmony!
I kno University is not an appropriate image of the larger picture, concerning society here! But I jus thought I'd point it out!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:But I must also point out that, compared to teh last 5-10 yrs....Things have changed big time! Tolerance and cultural harmony across all communities is on the rise, racism in becoming a thing of the past!
I go to university here, and across all races and cultures there is a sense of harmony!
I kno University is not an appropriate image of the larger picture, concerning society here! But I jus thought I'd point it out!

Yeah, I noticed the college atmosphere. University is different of course, since everyone is there for a higher education. Leave the gates, and the nomads control everything.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 13, 2009
Car insurance manager: 'OK speedhump you have wasta, I will give you the discount on your policy you request because.....there are certain....groups....I won't say nationalities....that are better risks for us.'

OK he didn't say wasta, because he was Indian! I bet he doesn't reduce premium for his own countrymen....but is that racist..??? :D :D

Misery you're right, my daughter attends Jumeirah College, definitely one of the better schools. It is totally multicultural, pupils from UK, India, Canada, ME, etc, etc. I'm so glad as that was one of the things I wanted her to experience, and she's really happy with it. :)

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 18, 2009
Ohh gash!!......... NiCe picture's.. loughing Cat's!!!................
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 24, 2009
this was a really great post by all, specially Cappy and godsent.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
My kitty cat is poorly. He's not himself and has cut his feet, poor baby :cry:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:My kitty cat is poorly. He's not himself and has cut his feet, poor baby :cry:

I hope you haven't thrown him out the window in front of landcruisers... ;)

Hows the choco-diet doing by the way? Grumpy gone? :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 24, 2009
I'm off the chocolate! But I get grumpy if I haven't managed to go wakeboarding!

Kitty cat is ok, had medicine to sort him out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 24, 2009
Glad everything is ok. Both man and woman. (Kitty and Choco)
RobbyG

Mar 24, 2009
Choco seems to be the most popular one here and was missed the most.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 24, 2009
Well, we might have to throw a rope to Mr. Dubai Knight. I haven't seen him for some time now.

Does anyone have a clue which way DK drove, the last time he rode off on his Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet Machismo !?

Do we need a search warrant?
RobbyG

Mar 24, 2009
Nah DK is fine, was chatting to him yesterday. He's just busy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 24, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Well, we might have to throw a rope to Mr. Dubai Knight. I haven't seen him for some time now.

Does anyone have a clue which way DK drove, the last time he rode off on his Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet Machismo !?

Do we need a search warrant?

DK was around at the begining of last week.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat