Sick Of Cold And Flu

Topic locked
Sick of cold and flu Jan 21, 2006
Please tell me, what is it with all the cold and flu at the moment? Everyone I know is poorly. And I swear all the companies even though it's winter still keep pumping the AC's making everyone sicker, some fresh air please!

My throat feels like I've swallowed a cheese grater.

Sorry just felt like having a moan - I hate being ill!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Sick of cold and flu Jan 21, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Please tell me, what is it with all the cold and flu at the moment? Everyone I know is poorly. And I swear all the companies even though it's winter still keep pumping the AC's making everyone sicker, some fresh air please!

I understand Choco, drink some hot chocolate
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 21, 2006
:lol: Hmmmmm my favourite thing. Although drinking stuff with milk in sometimes makes the throat go claggy.

Can't bloody stop talking though!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 21, 2006
Take a peg of rum. put it on fire and drink it that way. its fun....and cold will be over in 30 minutes. dont take too much. it can be addictive.
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Chocoholic wrote:Please tell me, what is it with all the cold and flu at the moment? Everyone I know is poorly. And I swear all the companies even though it's winter still keep pumping the AC's making everyone sicker, some fresh air please!

Thanks God u dont have Bird flu :P . I think arab people eat "Dates" and that keep them warm all the time and the other people cry .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:
Thanks God u dont have Bird flu :P . I think arab people eat "Dates" and that keep them warm all the time and the other people cry .

Once again a post in red. What did I tell you about that.

And what the hell is your point about dates?? It makes no sense. Thats not surprise.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Liban wrote:
HP wrote:

Once again a post in red. What did I tell you about that.

And what the hell is your point about dates?? It makes no sense. Thats not surprise.

hahaha how cute :0) .You are not the mod of this forum and laws of your state are not valid here :P . If you hve problem ,come to fight club :wink:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 21, 2006
I've been suffering from a cold the last couple days as well.

I was in the Garden Centre today (yes i've become domestic), spent a couple hours there. I feel a 100 times better, plants and fresh air are the key, if you don't feel like venturing out dope your self up with some Tylenol Cold and Flu, that always helps me.

Hope you feel better,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 21, 2006
Sorry to tell you this Choco but I think you've got a bad case of "woman flu". I reckon you'll be wandering around like some Victorian poet with tiny handkerchief in hand, sniffing away and wringing your hands in woe. You see, us blokes are soooo much better dealing with illness and just shrug off anything without a complaint :wink: . Can you honestly say you've ever seen a man acting the wounded soldier when they're poorly :wink: !

Better not answer that last one :D
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 21, 2006
you are sooooooooooo correct GB

us chaps never winge or play up to feeling pooly do we :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 21, 2006
Correct..... sorry but must go now, I'm taking to my bed with this cut on my little finger :D .....
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 21, 2006
you winger GB - i broke a nail, so thats more of a reason than you, for me having to rest all day - a little cut indeed , ya wimp. Try breaking a nail

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 21, 2006
I feel the same Choco. The windy conditions this week caused me having a cold as well :(
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 21, 2006
aww guys! All of you - CHOCO, FAYS, DEFO - get well soon!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 21, 2006
easternjewel wrote:aww guys! All of you - CHOCO, FAYS, DEFO - get well soon!

I am eating a lot of fruit and taking some asprines to do so :P :wink: Thanks Easternj 8)
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Tell me about it, my work's AC is the same... ... :evil:
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Sick of cold and flu Jan 22, 2006
oh, got the same problem at work...... But they put it on HOT, not warm, i hate it. :angry4:

I'd rather they just put it on Fan to circulate air and the outside temp is good enough

FeiPo wrote:

Tell me about it, my work's AC is the same... ... :evil:
yshimy

Jan 22, 2006
AC's are so not healthy things at all they just circulate all the germs and stuff - yuck!

Er guys never whinge when they're sick? Please! When a man is ill he turns into the biggest baby ever! They always use it as an excuse to make other people run around after them.

Anyway, the getting out and about has done the trick, plus lots of Lemsip.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 22, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:AC's are so not healthy things at all they just circulate all the germs and stuff - yuck!

Er guys never whinge when they're sick? Please! When a man is ill he turns into the biggest baby ever! They always use it as an excuse to make other people run around after them.

Anyway, the getting out and about has done the trick, plus lots of Lemsip.

Sometimes maybe :oops: :oops:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2006
From here on make sure you have a balanced intake of Vitamin C to prevent catching cold.:)

Hope everyone gets well soon:)

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 22, 2006
Echinacea is very good for keeping colds and flu at bay.

Vitamin C will do no good for smokers as the toxins inhaled in the smoke destroy Vitamin C in the body.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 22, 2006
righto choco:),

Vitamin C wont help smokers.:) i dunno whats the brand name here for the medication but citrizine does help in colds.and for flu take a ibu para combination. By the way i am a pharmacist but am working in media and portals. :lol: .

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 22, 2006
Choco, I can't believe you said that about blokes and illness..... but would there be any chance you could pop the kettle on for me, nip out for a couple of DVDs, do a spot of cleaning and just whizz round the supermarket while you're on :D ?
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2006
:lol: Hahahaha, you know it's soooooooo true!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 22, 2006
Ok get well soon people! have some herbal tea or something....or hot water and salt and gargle in other words make music from your sore throats! :D
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2006
tinkerbella wrote:Ok get well soon people! have some herbal tea or something....or hot water and salt and gargle in other words make music from your sore throats! :D

Say what?! :shock: :D
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2006
Gargle your favourite song :lol: for at least 5mins and keep repeating the process :D
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2006
tinkerbella wrote:Gargle your favourite song :lol: for at least 5mins and keep repeating the process :D

And you are sure it will help? *scratches head*

I think ur just trying to make us look like fools :P :wink:
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 22, 2006
hey no way! seriously it works for some people with minor sore throats! it works for me!
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2006
Can I gargle with vodka instead of water as well? :P :P
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat