Saudi Arabias Final Solution..LOL

Topic locked
Saudi Arabias final solution..LOL Mar 06, 2009
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast ... index.html

Woman arrested in Saudi Arabia for driving

* Story Highlights
* Woman attempted to flee when she realized police had spotted her driving
* In the process of fleeing, police say she hit another car, which was slightly damaged
* Women are barred from driving in most of Saudi Arabia, except for rural areas
* Last year, over 125 women signed and sent a petition to overturn the restriction
* Next Article in World »

Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

(CNN) -- Police in the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca Wednesday arrested a woman for violating the country's ban on women driving, according to the Saudi English-language daily Arab News.

The woman, whose nationality and name were not released but who was described as being in her 20s, attempted to flee when she realized police had spotted her driving, Saudi authorities said.

"The woman tried to escape when she saw a police car and in the process hit another car, which was slightly damaged," Maj. Abdul Mushin Al-Mayman, a police spokesman, told Arab News. According to the spokesman, the woman was turned over to the Saudi Prosecution and Investigation Commission for investigation.

Women are barred from driving in most of Saudi Arabia, with rural areas being the exception.

It is not known how frequent such arrests are in Saudi Arabia, and arrest statistics are not released.

The issue has become one of the more controversial ones for Saudi Arabia in recent years. While women's rights activists in the country have been openly campaigning for the right to drive, many high ranking officials maintain it is a societal issue and will be resolved only when Saudis feel the time is right.

Last year, more than 125 women signed and sent a petition to Saudi Interior Minister Nayef bin Abdul Aziz, asking that the ban on women driving in the kingdom to be overturned.

TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
its their law and their country.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Saudi Arabias final solution..LOL Mar 06, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:many high ranking officials maintain it is a societal issue and will be resolved only when Saudis feel the time is right.

Hahahaha, damn virgins.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 06, 2009
Ironically, she would have never had that car accident if the policy wouldn't have chased here.... :shock:
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 06, 2009
Habibi wrote:Ironically, she would have never had that car accident if the policy wouldn't have chased here.... :shock:

True, but she could also oblige to the SA 7th Century rules and leave the car at home.

I hope they change the rules anytime soon. Oppression of women in the 21st Century is simply pathetic in my opinion.

And I'm free to share my opinion. Gladly :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:its their law and their country.

The Nazis persecuted Jews, but if they'd kept it to withing their own country that would have been OK?

Mugabi kills anyone who disagrees with him, rapes the soil and chases out the farmers who grew the crops to wupport his people, but that's OK because it's his country?

Just because some countries have the inability to move on and treat all of their citizens with the respect and equal opportunities that hey deserve it doesn't make it alright.

But I forgot......we're not allowed to say bad things about a muslim country and you have to stand up for them because it's what your father/uncle/brother told you you should do.....

Ah well, let the games begin.. :roll:
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2009
CVB wrote:

The Nazis persecuted Jews, but if they'd kept it to withing their own country that would have been OK?

Mugabi kills anyone who disagrees with him, rapes the soil and chases out the farmers who grew the crops to wupport his people, but that's OK because it's his country?

Just because some countries have the inability to move on and treat all of their citizens with the respect and equal opportunities that hey deserve it doesn't make it alright.

But I forgot......we're not allowed to say bad things about a muslim country and you have to stand up for them because it's what your father/uncle/brother told you you should do.....

do you really think USA will bomb the Saudis just cos of this? no they wont. so whats the point of discussing this topic when it will be forgotten about.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
CVB wrote:

do you really think USA will bomb the Saudis just cos of this? no they wont. so whats the point of discussing this topic when it will be forgotten about.

Bombing has got nothing to do with this topic!
We are discussing the female driver that got caught in SA. Don't start the stupid bombing, Nazi and Jew crap again. Totally irrelevant here...
RobbyG

Mar 07, 2009
Rudeboy.,.
we are a bunch of civilized people discussing abt a social issue..
the solution to every problem is not bombing and killing..

when do people like you will understand this!
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:do you really think USA will bomb the Saudis just cos of this? no they wont. so whats the point of discussing this topic when it will be forgotten about.

errrr....right. I can just see the US gathering a team of elite special forces to pound Saudi into the ground and demand women get to drive to cars.

RudeBOY, why don't you go and continue your education and come back when you can discuss topics like a grown up ?
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2009
xdude wrote:Rudeboy.,.
we are a bunch of civilized people discussing abt a social issue..
the solution to every problem is not bombing and killing..

when do people like you will understand this!

DID I SAY that BOMBING IS A SOLUTION? Its because of PPL like you who mis-understand MUSLIMS and thus TERROISM was created. OPEN you eyes and read.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
CVB wrote:
rudeboy wrote:do you really think USA will bomb the Saudis just cos of this? no they wont. so whats the point of discussing this topic when it will be forgotten about.

errrr....right. I can just see the US gathering a team of elite special forces to pound Saudi into the ground and demand women get to drive to cars.

RudeBOY, why don't you go and continue your education and come back when you can discuss topics like a grown up ?

errr KSA has a royal family. they decide what to do. me and you can discuss about it. in my opinion its rubbish that women are not allowed to drive. but is the KSA royal family going to sit and listen to me or you?

everyone knows about the strict laws in KSA. what they do is up to them. me and you dont care to them. only usa does :D got it?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
errr KSA has a royal family. they decide what to do. me and you can discuss about it. in my opinion its rubbish that women are not allowed to drive. but is the KSA royal family going to sit and listen to me or you?

everyone knows about the strict laws in KSA. what they do is up to them. me and you dont care to them. only usa does :D got it?

hmmmmm.....nope. Read your posts, re-read them and then tried again.... but you know what, I still don't get it, or indeed understand it.

Never mind. I'll get over the disappointment quick enough :D
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 07, 2009
US have a vested interest to get the Suadi women to drive. They would expect to palm off their unsold cars to the new drivers... :idea:
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 07, 2009
CVB wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

hmmmmm.....nope. Read your posts, re-read them and then tried again.... but you know what, I still don't get it, or indeed understand it.

fine funny guy. tell us all what is the solution to this Saudi problem?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
CVB wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Education. Halas.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Mar 08, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
CVB wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

Education. Halas.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

they already have education and are investing ALOT in further education.

many NEW universities are going to be popping up.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2009
The thing is I never got the connection between religion and women driving cars. I mean what the hell do they equate this law to? Where is the reference? How can we even debate something where no rationale has ever been presented? Saying it is a societal decision means nothing. WHYYYYY? Weird country
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 09, 2009
dee7o wrote:The thing is I never got the connection between religion and women driving cars. I mean what the hell do they equate this law to? Where is the reference? How can we even debate something where no rationale has ever been presented? Saying it is a societal decision means nothing. WHYYYYY?

Same reason the "custodian of the two holy mosques" has a cool goatie instead of a proper islamic beard, and the same reason the royal family ordered 80 ultra-pricey Kahn-tuned Range Rover Sports from UK. And it sure ain't got anything to do with Islam.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 09, 2009
i guess they just trying to protect women from some strange men.

i noticed many times in UAE especially dubai where a local woman driver would be chased by a local guy.

go to sharjah buheriah see a local woman driving a car and see how it surrounded by 3 or 4 cars just trying to chat up the girls or women.

so maybe they dont want something like happening in KSA.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2009
hmmmmm
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 11, 2009
western countries are not better ... maybe they let woman driving but
in western countries the woman is used as an object as advertising
to attract buyers ... etc.. etc..
dima_algeria
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2009
dima_algeria wrote:western countries are not better ... maybe they let woman driving but
in western countries the woman is used as an object as advertising
to attract buyers ... etc.. etc..

Those same women make their income out of that. Ever heard of Models?
There is nothing inherently wrong with woman or men in andvertisements. If so, explain yourself.

Is a women less capable than a male model? Tell me. You're on a slippery slope my friend.
RobbyG

Mar 11, 2009
i saw a very interresting video about that but i got to post at least 15 message to send it ;)

Is a women less capable than a male model?

a male model is for attract who? womans? no :)

they use "sexy" woman "models" for every advertising for every products

the male will be attracted by the advert and if it's a perfum or makeup advert they'll use a woman too because the woman who see this advert will want to look like her !

that's why i say that the woman is used as an object in western countries.

when i'll post the video you'll understand all what i mean :)
dima_algeria
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 11, 2009
I live in Europe. What haven't I seen yet that you gonna show me I aks myself...

A Woman is to be looked at. You don't have to watch as long as you don't touch.

Keep that in mind and open up a bit. I think some of you never had a woman before.
RobbyG

Mar 11, 2009
gtmash wrote:
dee7o wrote:The thing is I never got the connection between religion and women driving cars. I mean what the hell do they equate this law to? Where is the reference? How can we even debate something where no rationale has ever been presented? Saying it is a societal decision means nothing. WHYYYYY?

Same reason the "custodian of the two holy mosques" has a cool goatie instead of a proper islamic beard, and the same reason the royal family ordered 80 ultra-pricey Kahn-tuned Range Rover Sports from UK. And it sure ain't got anything to do with Islam.

actually, news flash to many: those ultra long beards u see religious people having in this region have absolutely nothing to do with islam. I think they have simply become a symbol to tell others "I AM RELIGIOUS. I AM BETTER THAN YOU". If you take a look at real muslim scholars in international Islamic conventions and so on, most of them are clean shaven wearing suits. They look like your average accountant. Its all just hypocrisy.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I live in Europe. What haven't I seen yet that you gonna show me I aks myself...

Keep that in mind and open up a bit. I think some of you never had a woman before.

Its time for some window shopping...eh...Robby
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2009
DoubleDigit wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I live in Europe. What haven't I seen yet that you gonna show me I aks myself...

Its time for some window shopping...eh...Robby

Honestly, I didn't even think about that yet. Its just a tiny bit of the legal culture we have in this country.

What I really meant was, seeying a woman in beautiful clothes on the street. Walking across the pavements with style and grace. Some nice hips and offcourse ;) how could I avoid this: the occasional nickers from under a very verrry tiny skirt.

Mind you, I'm rather decent ok 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 11, 2009
robby...you lucky man....;)

just a thought that why cant everybody have their own little bit of their own legal culture ?

and in your own words "Oppression of women in the 21st Century is simply pathetic in my opinion". whats your opinion on your tiny legal culture ?
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2009
DoubleDigit wrote:robby...you lucky man....;)

just a thought that why cant everybody have their own little bit of their own legal culture ?

and in your own words "Oppression of women in the 21st Century is simply pathetic in my opinion". whats your opinion on your tiny legal culture ?

Everybody can have their own little piece of culture. Logically, but thats not the culture I meant.
The sex culture (industry) in Holland might be large in comparison with other nations across the globe, but is not something we Dutch are proud at. Its not 'cultural value' but more a form of regulation in this country to support our female sexworkers that do and do not voluntarily choose to work there. Regulation and legalisation is all about overisight.

Next to that tiny piece of 'culture', seen from people who don't have that in other countries, its fair to say that I don't go 'windowshopping'.
I rather like a billboard to look at. Or a magazine with models and when I'm in for a ride I go out and find myself a nice lady.

Next to that. I like women and am glad that our culture allows us (and them) to view eachother in broad daylight.

Freedom without religious cramming. This is true life. ;)
RobbyG

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat