Recommended Restaurants In Dubai By DF Members

Topic locked
Mar 01, 2007
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
xty wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Irish Village and some restaurants inside the compound but its crowded nowadays cos of tennis event. :(

So...?
What kind of food they serve at IV? And can we bring kids? I was thinking IV is some kind of resto-bar where no kids normally there.

You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.

I'm taking IV off the list as it is not a restaurant! Its a place with restaurants. If there is a particular restaurant in there that you recommend then lets put it in. Otherwise we would just simply say "Deira" or "Marina" or "Bur Dubai", etc. and it won't be of much help.

I really thought "IV" was the name of a restaurant [roman numeral "4" or some initial] :oops: :oops:

You are mean Conc. I am going to IV either tonight or friday night, i will make sure to list down all the names of the restuarants there instead of generalising them as one "IV". hmm..there's sushi there also. IV is actually most expats' preferred hang out. :oops:

Just like in pyramid (in one building so many good restuarants), i can't remember all the restaurants' name, but i know they serve good food there plus ambiance. The other night, we went to Carter & there's(Spanish resto bar) & you can exit from seville's going to ginseng/planet hollywood.

There's also, ThaiShi - they serve Thailand, Chinese and Vietnamese food- im not sure with vietnamese. I will memorise the menu when i go there again.

too much an assignment for myself to do. :shock:

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 01, 2007
xty wrote:
asc_26 wrote:You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.

Looks like a fun place. Will definitely go there. Need to check on the map. It's somewhere near airport, right? Any exact direction (e.g. from City Center or Garhoud bridge)?

Ian and nick can give you the right direction and bushra as well? Its infront of emirates aviation or welcare hospital in garhoud. Most taxis know the place.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 01, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
xty wrote:
asc_26 wrote:Irish Village and some restaurants inside the compound but its crowded nowadays cos of tennis event. :(

So...?
What kind of food they serve at IV? And can we bring kids? I was thinking IV is some kind of resto-bar where no kids normally there.

You can bring kids but not for dinner. There are restuarants (that serve asian, south american dishes, arabic and etc) inside the compound other than the Irish Pub. There's Costa Coffee shop also. Check the place with your wife first.

I'm taking IV off the list as it is not a restaurant! Its a place with restaurants. If there is a particular restaurant in there that you recommend then lets put it in. Otherwise we would just simply say "Deira" or "Marina" or "Bur Dubai", etc. and it won't be of much help.

I really thought "IV" was the name of a restaurant [roman numeral "4" or some initial] :oops: :oops:

You are mean Conc. I am going to IV either tonight or friday night, i will make sure to list down all the names of the restuarants there instead of generalising them as one "IV". hmm..there's sushi there also. IV is actually most expats' preferred hang out. :oops:

Just like in pyramid (in one building so many good restuarants), i can't remember all the restaurants' name, but i know they serve good food there plus ambiance. The other night, we went to Carter & there's(Spanish resto bar) & you can exit from seville's going to ginseng/planet hollywood.

There's also, ThaiShi - they serve Thailand, Chinese and Vietnamese food- im not sure with vietnamese. I will memorise the menu when i go there again.

too much an assignment for myself to do. :shock:

I think the point here is to recommend good restaurants. A list of restaurants is useless as there are counteless lists. It is unlikely that every restaurant at the Irish Vilalge is good all the time. I can't think of one myself. Although the Cellar has some good entres in its brunch menu.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Sea Shell Cafeteria is good stuff
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Wicked I love Sea Shell, for AED 5 they have the best juices.

oh and just to clear things up Irish village is a bar/resto, I've heard mixed review about their bangers and mash (never personally tried it as it contains pork) but their fish and chips rock. For me I don't consider it child friendly and not a place for a meal but like the atmosphere there.

The place with the restaurants is next door, it is called Century village, there are sushi, Italian, Arabic, etc. restaurants there. That is not the IV asc, two completely separate venues. Century village is a nice place for a meal and is family friendly.

Cross Garhoud towards Deira just before the city centre exit you’ll see a right turn, I think there is a Chili’s there, take that side road and follow it around.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Mar 01, 2007
Coops wrote:Next door to this place is the Fish Basket (opp ENOC Building) - a great lebanese seafood place, you pick the type of seafood you want and then ask them to cook it how you like.

Concord - dont forget to add the Fish Basket to the list - it is located behind lemongrass
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2007
fayz wrote:Wicked I love Sea Shell, for AED 5 they have the best juices.

oh and just to clear things up Irish village is a bar/resto, I've heard mixed review about their bangers and mash (never personally tried it as it contains pork) but their fish and chips rock. For me I don't consider it child friendly and not a place for a meal but like the atmosphere there.

The place with the restaurants is next door, it is called Century village, there are sushi, Italian, Arabic, etc. restaurants there. That is not the IV asc, two completely separate venues. Century village is a nice place for a meal and is family friendly.

Cross Garhoud towards Deira just before the city centre exit you’ll see a right turn, I think there is a Chili’s there, take that side road and follow it around.

But they're all in one compound only, which i call IV hehehe. If IV is full, i can cross to other side without even going outside the compound. :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 01, 2007
Oh yeah, for the best seafood stuff, gotta try it at "Golden Fork"
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Bleakus wrote:Sea Shell Cafeteria is good stuff

Where is it!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Coops wrote:
Coops wrote:Next door to this place is the Fish Basket (opp ENOC Building) - a great lebanese seafood place, you pick the type of seafood you want and then ask them to cook it how you like.

Concord - dont forget to add the Fish Basket to the list - it is located behind lemongrass

I will :oops:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Concord wrote:

Where is it!

there is one on your way to garhoud bridge, at the emarat petrol station
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2007
Concord wrote:I will :oops:

Thanks! :D
Coops
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2007
Conc, I think we need to make some kind of template for it:

Restaurant name:
Recommended dish:
Recommended by:
- name, "quote"
- name, "quote"
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2007
xty wrote:Conc, I think we need to make some kind of template for it:

Restaurant name:
Recommended dish:
Recommended by:
- name, "quote"
- name, "quote"

Good idea, except for the fav dish (puts pressure on people) but anyone is free to include it in their quote. see below.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2007
Recommendations from DF Members so far (in alphabetical order by cuisine type):

Arabic
Name: Al Damyati
Recommended by: V-Man. Quote: “ its not a posh place but its tasty”. Editorial note: the word “tasty” is the real word not a censor’s change - same applies below.

Asian Cuisine
Name: Wagamama
Location: At Crown Plaza – ground floor Sheik Zayed Road – can see from SZR.
Recommended by: Concord Quote: “I have never had a bad meal or complaint there”
Name: Noodle House
Location: recently opened up in DCC, emitates towers and at the madinat
Recommended by: Coops. Quote: “i wouldnt call it chinese, cuz it is a bit of a mix of different types of asian. But the fresh juice/tea drinks are great and there are heaps to try!”

Burgers
Name: Hardy’s
Recommended by: Ian. Quote: “I like Hardy's burgers... they're the bomb”

Chinese
Name: China Sea
Recommended by: Jeevan. Quote: “Many would agree on this one “
Name: 4 seasons [might have a name!]
Recommended by: Look4thebest. Quote: "the Four seasons top of Rydges PLaza is great! Can't beat the crispy Duck pancakes and a few cold beers”
Name: -Lan Kwai Fung
Location; Behind Lamcy Plaza
Recommended by: Fayz. Quote: - "I don't know if it is the same chain as the one in Ibn Battuta but Lan Kwai Fung behind Lamcy Plaza is my favourite for chinese’

Indian
Name:Nawab
Recommended by: unknown devil. Quote: "Only for Chicken Biryani and nothing else”
Name: Khazana
Reocommended by: unknown devil. Quote. "owned by famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor)"

Lebanese
Name: Al Mallah
Recommended by: XTY. Quote: “Best shawarma sandwich in town”
Name: Arz
Recommended by: XTY. Quote: “Tasty boneless chicken”

Malaysian
Name: Sky Tower Malasyan
Location: Top of Sky tower (the first malasyan restaurant there –next to Al Attar)
Recommended by; Coops. Quote: “is great - just simple food but really tasty!”
Recommended by: look4thebest. Quote: “I agree Sky Tower Malaysian is great!!"

Seafood:
Name Sea Shell Cafeteria
Recommended by; Bleakus. Quote: “good stuff”
Recommended by: Fayz. Quote: “Wicked I love Sea Shell, for AED 5 they have the best juices”
Name: Fish Basket
Recommended by: Coops. Quote: “a great lebanese seafood place, you pick the type of seafood you want and then ask them to cook it how you like”

Steak House
Name: Manhattan Grill
Recommended By: Noni. Quote: “always delicious”

Thai
Name - Lemongrass
Location: at the restaurant or food stall at Ibn Battuta mall.
Recommended by: XTY. Quote: “Tasty Thai foods, even better than what I had when living in Bangkok”]

Vietnamese
[No recommendations Fayz needs "a nice big bowl of Pho and some Vietnamese coffee"]
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:
The Revolving Restaurant in Hyatt Regency Deira beside Hamriya Fish Market and Gould Souq. Forgot the Actual name

+100 I've been there. :oops: Very Nice.

So what's the name?

AL DAWAR...very nice there. It's a revolving roof top restaurant at Hyatt Regency.

Yes thats the right name. I payed per person 180 dhs when I took five people with me. 180 dhs was for buffet. You can even have a menu card if u like. But in the buffet drinks are not included even water. as in soft drinks or hard drinks. The restaurant takes 1hr and 45 minutes to take a full round. Smokers can sit right beside the window and non smokers on top. And yeah the food is amazing. My total bill came up to 1700 something for 5 people as the drinks, the buffet and obviously service charge.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2007
dude, the sea food part, i mention "Golden Fork" not Sea Shell Cafeteria
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2007
I dun reed engrish too gud but I read this from you:

It must be the adrenaline before your paint ball game this afternoon. Hey, can you outfit my Glock 34 for paint ball?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2007
Concord wrote:I dun reed engrish too gud but I read this from you:

It must be the adrenaline before your paint ball game this afternoon. Hey, can you outfit my Glock 34 for paint ball?

think you can dude, we just have to remove the real bullets in them

yeah your right, my english has been crap lately ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 08, 2007
xty wrote:I love Chinese food. But Chinese food in Dubai are all suck, so I can't recommend one.

Nope. Last night we stumbled on the NoodlePot at the food lane (whatever that fancy car roaring street is called, the one in Jumeira) - with my Cantonese friend - met the manager - original Chinese - go check it out.

Somewhere on the other side of the street there's a Thai restaurant - awesome, but I forgot the name so 4give me.
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 08, 2007
asc_26 wrote:
xty wrote:

So...?

AAh! There's a place many people forgot because it's kind of old and outdated (if anything in Dubai can be "old") - it's the JW Marriott Deira.
Great interior looks like from the 20's with huge play area for kids and great food court with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, - there's even a German restaurant - Hofbrauhaus.
dubaimisfit
Dubai Forums Member

May 05, 2007
Pier Chic

Unique, chic and romantic ever!

This is the restaurant for seafood lover. It is located at the Madinat Jumeirah off the beach in front Qasr Hotel. You can access the restaurant by walking along the wooden pier (awesome underwater lights). While dine seated above the waves, you’ll have an excellent view of Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel and Madinat Jumeirah. The bar is like ice cubes (changing color & glowing at night).

I like their crab cakes with salad for starters. Salmon steak is mouthwatering! It’s up-market restaurant plus the friendly and very helpful staff – they’ll make you feel at ease.

If you are celebrating anniversaries, rekindle your relationship or you (for the gentlemen) simply want a “YES” from a lady, then bring her to Pier Chic.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 05, 2007
Anyone has good recommendations for Mexican food ? I have been to Cactus Jack in Millinuem hotel and Maria Bonita in Um Suqiuem .. but nothing impressive ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 06, 2007
MaaaD wrote:Anyone has good recommendations for Mexican food ? I have been to Cactus Jack in Millinuem hotel and Maria Bonita in Um Suqiuem .. but nothing impressive ..

I like the chicken nachos of Mex Chic Inn in Ibn Battuta or Lamcy Plaza food courts.

However last time I went there somehow the taste was different (not as good as earlier). Change of chef? Hopefully it was only on that day.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 06, 2007
MaaaD wrote:Anyone has good recommendations for Mexican food ? I have been to Cactus Jack in Millinuem hotel and Maria Bonita in Um Suqiuem .. but nothing impressive ..

maria bonita (now also at the greens) is apparenlty the closes to "real" mexican food (although served by phillipinos and cooked by indians). I've heard that from a few mexican pilots. The absolute worse is the one at the marina!
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

May 07, 2007
MAC wrote:

maria bonita (now also at the greens) is apparenlty the closes to "real" mexican food (although served by phillipinos and cooked by indians). I've heard that from a few mexican pilots. The absolute worse is the one at the marina!

But MAC... I thought you've never been to Dubai!!!!
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 07, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
MAC wrote:

But MAC... I thought you've never been to Dubai!!!!

i thought he meant this one http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/4/52906/Cam ... urant.html :oops: :oops: :oops:

anyway, people always confuse me wid others. many times they just yell hey "big' but i am just regular mac so i ignored them.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Recommended Restaurants in Dubai by DF Members Mar 09, 2009
Concord wrote:Most of us read a guide or two or three before arriving in Dubai. Each with a list of restaurants (written by 25 year olds or people without real jobs - believe you me I have friends who write for Fodors, lonely planet and Fromers - 4 different people - so I know).

I think it would be a good idea for a list of "Recommended Restaurants" in Dubai. I know, some fool will tell me this belongs in "Dubai Guide". Well I don't think so. Lets give it a try.

I can say I have never had a bad meal or complaint about Wamagama at the Crown Plaza - Sheik Sayed road. What say you?

Hi

If you are looking for the list of "Recommended Restaurants" in dubai the the best thing to do is to search in yellow pages UAE,which lists out the best and cheap hotels and restaurants .
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 10, 2009
Asha's at Wafi is a brilliant Indian - the prawny dish with cheesy stuff is nomnomnom.

I'd recommend China Club for Chinese, it has a really extensive menu of lovely, lovely things.

For International I'd recommend Teatro for atmosphere and The Cellar for being able to order everything on the menu for a set price. They have to roll me out of there, but I'm a happy barrel.

I'll keep thinking on this... eating out is one of my favourite discussion topics.
dawnage
Dubai Forum User

Mar 19, 2009
Maybe i'll try the Chinese food in China Club. Chinese foods are great! Mexican food and Italian food would be nice too. Where can i find nice Mexican food and Italian food?

And do anyone know where to find Indonesian food? It's delicious and spicy! I love it so much.
dodot
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around