Pork Meat

Topic locked
Pork Meat Mar 05, 2009
I just saw a report at TV why Mosems dont eat pork meat:

Its a old tradition based from the Jews, they wanted to be different from the other tribes even in their food....is this true?

:?:
i see this post moved soon to FC
:lol: :lol:

TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 05, 2009
FC = Fun & Comedy?

what else could be a stupid reason eeh? :lol:
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Pork Meat Mar 05, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:I just saw a report at TV why Mosems dont eat pork meat:

Its a old tradition based from the Jews, they wanted to be different from the other tribes even in their food....is this true?

They don't eat it because it is considered unclean - the meat contains worms and harmful bacteria I believe.

That's why Jews don't eat it too.

And, unless you think this is a Jewish/Muslim edict, it is clearly written in the Bible that we should not eat the flesh of the swine.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 05, 2009
kill-joy
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Pork Meat Mar 05, 2009
Del wrote:
TheChoosen wrote:I just saw a report at TV why Mosems dont eat pork meat:

They don't eat it because it is considered unclean - the meat contains worms and harmful bacteria I believe.

That's why Jews don't eat it too.

And, unless you think this is a Jewish/Muslim edict, it is clearly written in the Bible that we should not eat the flesh of the swine.

Wow, I did not know that last bit from the Bible.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 05, 2009
M! wrote:kill-joy

I agree :? :?
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 05, 2009
Kill joy but true,

Deuteronomy 14:8

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Leviticus 11:7

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Taken from the King James version.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 06, 2009
Yeah, but bacon rocks! Thank god that jesus forgives!

(sorry, couldn't resist)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 06, 2009
Isn't Jesus and God the same thing ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 06, 2009
well they say eating pork is not healthy for you.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
If we are not supposed to eat pork................Why did God make it taste so good!
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Isn't Jesus and God the same thing ?

No.

Jesus was a man and prophet.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
billystyle wrote:If we are not supposed to eat pork................Why did God make it taste so good!

I believe dog, cat, snake and crocodile will taste good with a bit of salt and pepper.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
I 1der if v r a refLection of wht v eat :idea:
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 06, 2009
billystyle wrote:If we are not supposed to eat pork................Why did God make it taste so good!

It tastes like shit. I ate it once by mistake in America, and I knew I was eating shit when I put it in my mouth. So I spit it out and later found out what it was. Normally I cannot tell the difference between red meats.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 06, 2009
gtmash wrote:

It tastes like tasty. I ate it once by mistake in America, and I knew I was eating tasty when I put it in my mouth. So I spit it out and later found out what it was. Normally I cannot tell the difference between red meats.

Hi. Pork is a 'white meat' like chicken. I think the biblical and other religious edicts about swine really came from the fact that if not cooked properly these meats can make you very ill, unlike 'red meats' like lamb or beef (prior to CJD!), therefore it was best to tell people that 'God' did not want you to eat it. Long ago people received their general life instructions mostly from their religious leaders (still true in some parts of the world of course).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
I think its probably the same BS like catholic dont eat meat on friday, instead they are told to eat fish....is a fish not made of "meat" or isnt it an animal?

I eat pork even on friday and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Deuteronomy 14:8

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

So its also not allowed to eat camels???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or deer?
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Deuteronomy 14:8

So its also not allowed to eat camels???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or deer?

LOL good point. I guess we shouldn't start on about eating cameltoe though....;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
Del wrote:

I believe dog, cat, snake and crocodile will taste good with a bit of salt and pepper.

you might have to check with a chinese!!!!

:lol:

Del wrote:

No.

that's what said in islam!!!!

and I find no difference!!!!!
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 06, 2009
sharfraz wrote:
Del wrote:

you might have to check with a chinese!!!!

:lol:

Del wrote:

No.

that's what said in islam!!!!

and I find no difference!!!!!

In the Bible, Jesus is also God, part of the Holy Trinity....go figure!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
LOL good point. I guess we shouldn't start on about eating cameltoe though....;)

Humpy, pls explain, is it a local dish? or a arabic way to prepare camels? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Humpy, pls explain, is it a local dish? or a arabic way to prepare camels? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahaha....you know more than you say my friend.... ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
Image :lol: :occasion5: :laughing6:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 06, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:

It tastes like tasty. I ate it once by mistake in America, and I knew I was eating tasty when I put it in my mouth. So I spit it out and later found out what it was. Normally I cannot tell the difference between red meats.

Hi. Pork is a 'white meat' like chicken.

Heck, what do I know. I just assumed it's red because salami slices looked red compared to turkey slices at the college cafeteria in Atlanta.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

which is best hotel in dubai Mar 06, 2009
hi guys i am new to dubai which is the best hotel in dubai
guru777
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 06, 2009
pigs eats pigs
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 06, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Hi. Pork is a 'white meat' like chicken.

Heck, what do I know. I just assumed it's red because salami slices looked red compared to turkey slices at the college cafeteria in Atlanta.

chk this out...

"In gastronomy, pork is traditionally considered a white meat, but in nutritional studies, it is usually grouped with beef as red meat, and public perceptions have been changing[citation needed]. Its myoglobin content is lower than beef, but much higher than chicken white meat. The USDA treats pork as a red meat. Pork is very high in thiamin.

In 1987 the U.S. National Pork Board, began an advertising campaign to position pork as "the other white meat" due to a public perception of chicken and turkey (white meat) as more healthy than red meat. The campaign was highly successful and resulted in 87% of consumers identifying pork with the slogan. As of 2005, the slogan is still used in marketing pork, with some variations" (source:Wikipedia)
DoubleDigit
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 06, 2009
i love pork! especially bacon. 8)
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 06, 2009
uaekid wrote:pigs eats pigs

trolls eat trolls, f*ck off.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules