Help!

Topic locked
help! Feb 21, 2009
hi all!
I have been selected as a sr.sales executive for a co. in dubai and they say they have applied for my work visa....and they say it takes 3-4 weeks to issue it..Its more then a month now..Please can some one let me know how much time is required for a co. to get a jobvisa and till how long shud i consider waiting...! Thnx in advance

mohd_abed
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 21, 2009
yes it can take this long, normally only 2 weeks (on average though), but expect delays ... i wouldn't start to worry just yest - give them another 2 weeks (maximum)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

hi... Mar 02, 2009
ummmm i have been told by my employer dat my labor approval is done and immigration stuff has to b done after which i wud b issued a viza soon....is ma employer saying the truth or bluffin arnd???? :!:
mohd_abed
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 02, 2009
could be, if he gives you the reference number for the application you can actually check the progress on line at the Ministry of Labour web site
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Mar 04, 2009
well.... for one... it does take time... usually coz the PRO's are lazy or the labour dept would be busy with all the visa cancellations for expats who are leaving... and most likely, ur company would want to see your work and judge if you are the right candidate for the job before they spend money on ur visa procedures.... but during this time, the company is TOTALLY liable to cover your expenses for visit visa renewal and all expenses including stamping ur visa... :) so don't be tricked into paying for your visit visa renewal .... but you really have to use ur intuition to judge of the company see's u as the right person for the job :)

you could use this time to look for better offers as well :) you are not obligated in any way until they have processed ur visa application
rahulwitty
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai