Shahar Peer, The Israeli Tennis Player

Topic locked
Feb 25, 2009
kanelli wrote:
rudeboy wrote:i have always believed in not mixing politics and sports.

but lets be honest the whiteys have their own standards. they will and can do anything they want. if someone else does the same to them they get cheesed off.

example.

http://article.wn.com/view/2009/01/20/A ... _says_PCB/

the australian cricket team dont want to play in pakistan because it is not SAFE.

now we have a jewish "ugly" betty who wants to play in Dubai. But dubai authorities have said you cant play because of your own safety.

i really dont get it. the authorities have said you cant play, stop bitiching and get on with your LIFE you bloody WOMAN.

Sorry, all I saw in this post was "whiteys", "Jewish 'ugly' Betty", "bloody WOMAN". Hmm, racist, se.x.ist, male chauvinist comes to mind. Also, your logic is poor. The Australian team didn't want to play because they didn't feel safe. It was their choice. It has nothing to do with a Jewish woman wanting to come to play in Dubai because she felt safe enough to do so, but then being denied by the authorities. So, where is the hypocrisy on the part of the "whiteys"? And I'm wondering, is the whole Australian cricket team white?.... :lol:

oh wow. you think i m a racist yet you dont find your local white person a racist who calls brown ppl bacon? plz. also my logic is not poor. if you know about the australian cricket team incident, you would know they didnt want to go to pakistan because it wasnt safe. what would u know about cricket? you are a woman aint ya :D

IT WAS A bloody EXAMPLE. ufff some of the ppl we have on this forum. its like pulling ur hair and going bald :D. DUbai authorities said to her not to come here cos it aint safe.

so in one indicident the aussie dont go to pakistan and its ok. but when some bacons tell you white ppl not to come to their country for safety reasons you get cheesed off and start going crazy like nuch of gorillas in the jungle.

aussie team didnt want to play because IT WAS their CHOICE lol hahahahah hehehe oh man. plz go do some homework before arguing.

here you go http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s644978.htm they didnt want to go to pakistan because it wasnt safe. got it? comprende?

by the way are u a jew?

rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2009
at the end of the day, if ausies were to be offered something like 3 million dollars like she was they wouldn't mind going to pakistand to play ;)
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 25, 2009
mesheditor wrote:at the end of the day, if ausies were to be offered something like 3 million dollars like she was they wouldn't mind going to pakistand to play ;)

thats true and its happening in india with their league even though there are terroist bombings in india yet they still want to go. they have double standards. they can decide where to go and where not to go. no1 will punish them. but the fact is if someone says u r not allowed here for your own security, that poor sod gets punished or FINED.

hmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2009
Bloody anglo hypocrites!

Why are all anglo cricket playing countries (like England, New Zealand, Australia) up in arms against Zimbabwe, threaten to ban Zimbabwe and take all deceptive measures, even the 2009 ICC World T-20 CRICKET Championship won't be accessible to Zimbabwe Cricket due to Anglo deceptive treacherous hypocrisy.

Aha, now when Dubai doesn't allow a national who is a member of a defense force of an enemy country which oppresses and terrorizes innocent civilians and citizens of fellow Arab and Muslim country of Palestine, the anglo western hypocrites are up in arms against Dubai!

Anglo hypocrisy exposed again.
BDMuslim2009
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 27, 2009
smoggie wrote:
naruto wrote:
smoggie wrote:
uaekid wrote:nothing is wrong really, but would you put 1 Israeli Soldier
in the middle of 1000's of Palestinians ???????? very bad idea smoggie
no one would see here as a player.

it's back to the security issue.
She is proud of her country, wants to play tennis....I don't see the problem. The UAE should go out of their way to protect her. As you said yesterday....the real issue is not security. That is a lie. it is the fact that she is a Jew.

..she is an isreali soldier who might killed a palastinian during the fight between both sides, now if im a palastinian and i saw here in the street i dont know what i might do to here..also we dont have any political relationship with isreal so she is not allowed to enter UAE even if she is a sport woman..now will i be able to get a visa if i want to go to israel .answer is NO..so we are even..

My Grandad got shot on the beach at Dunkirk but I don't go around attacking Germans. If she did shoot anybody it was an act of war..... Grow up!

So if your father and mother were shot last week, your wife and kids maimed day before yesterday, your house taken from you yesterday and you out in the street starving and unemployed today, you would be fine with the person who did it to u and not seek retribution. You have made your point, you are indeed a forgiving person. I and all the others in this discussion shall "Grow up!".
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2009
The issue is'nt about an isreali, it is'nt to protest the Middle East conflict or anytin.I doubt the authorities were really concerned with the players security but probably their own......The authorities were simply shielding themselves from a probable domestic backlash, spread by the people from within the region.
It was only a precautionary measure......as it would be disastorous for Dubai to be percieved as supporting Israel....even if that only meant letting a sportsperson participate....
Imagine if the Isreali player participated and was attacked or sumtin? Oh....the bad press.....disastorous.
A very wise and calculated decision by the authorities as one has to respect the sntiments of the people first!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2009
This whole shahar peer issue, was a lose-lose situation for the authorities.
Consider a scenario where she is actually granted a visa, the western media makes a slight mention of it;praises the government, but alas...it also raises a furore in the domestic media! For decades UAE along with the rest of the Middle East have politically supported Palestine, to jepordize all of that thanks to some irrelevant tennis tournament? Just not worth it!
Besides women tennis is rather unpredictable, what if Ms Peers actually wins or progressed to the advanced stages, she is a rather accomplished player u kno .....The tension it would cause!!!! Palpable !!!!
The authorities weighin the pros and cons made a wise descision indeed, and should be lauded!
Of course it's protocol, so the WTA had to fine the organizers make a hue and cry et all, but its no big deal!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2009
The decision fits with the local mode of thinking...which is to make NO decision. Its easier to just say no to everything than say yes and face the consequences of having to take responsibility.

The only time they say yes...is if someone upstairs tells them to.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2009
Interestingly when the guy Israeli player took part in the doubles, no hassles whatsoever, so the whole security issue was a load of BS! Well done again Dubai for making a complete ass out of yourself! Never learn!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2009
Hey did anyone notice the RADO, on Ms peers hand, on page 1? Do they pay that well in the IDF?
Besides Mr Ram( the guy isreali player), is an american isreali, who probably did'nt have any milititary experiance, so they probably deemed it ok 4 him 2 play...
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2009
rudeboy wrote:aussie team didnt want to play because IT WAS their CHOICE lol hahahahah hehehe oh man. plz go do some homework before arguing.

here you go http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s644978.htm they didnt want to go to pakistan because it wasnt safe. got it? comprende?

Those aussies were wise people. Some another team wasn't so lucky and met bloody terrorists...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ma ... t-shooting
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 03, 2009
So its’ Okay for some Western countries to deny entry to anyone who would questions or denies the so called “Holocaust”, but when Dubai denied an entry to a tennis player who is part of a country that has been occupying another country’s territories illegally, and committing genocides against its people, you people voice your disapprovals – what a hypocrite.

Just yesterday it was revealed that Israel is planning to expand Jewish colonies in the West Bank by building more than 70,000 new homes, a massive blow to Arab and international efforts to revive peace prospects in the Middle East.

I bet you Kanelli and likeminded folks wouldn’t be as eager to criticize that as you did with Dubai’s wise decision to deny an entry to a tennis player who describes being in a murderous army as high voltage of adrenalines.
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 04, 2009
She was coming to play tennis, not spread hatred about Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims. Most holocaust deniers are blocked from entering Western countries because they are entering to attend conferences or participate in events that spread misinformation and hatred. This is not comparable in this case.

Governments are free to make their own decisions that will protect the interests of their country. I think that at least they should be as consistent as possible or they lose credibility.

I feel very strongly about what is happening in Gaza, yet I don't start treating my Israeli friends like crap. I told one friend some of my opinions, but didn't want to get completely into it because I know she feels differently. I am not going to hold her and my other friends personally responsible and end my friendships because of what their country's military did. People need to know where to focus the protest and where to consider the individuals.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 04, 2009
kanelli wrote:She was coming to play tennis, not spread hatred about Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims. Most holocaust deniers are blocked from entering Western countries because they are entering to attend conferences or participate in events that spread misinformation and hatred. This is not comparable in this case.

Governments are free to make their own decisions that will protect the interests of their country. I think that at least they should be as consistent as possible or they lose credibility.

I feel very strongly about what is happening in Gaza, yet I don't start treating my Israeli friends like crap. I told one friend some of my opinions, but didn't want to get completely into it because I know she feels differently. I am not going to hold her and my other friends personally responsible and end my friendships because of what their country's military did. People need to know where to focus the protest and where to consider the individuals.

as a matter of fact they are the 1st one to be blamed !! they elected this crapy government of Israel knowing their hostility and aggressiveness from day one ,no one was shy to show those behaviors in the election period, hell they were proud of saying it out loud. so at the end ppl of Israel chose this gov and its policy so yes they are the one to be blamed . you need to know where to focus honey.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk