Dubai Traffic Seems Moving Towards Abu Dhabi

Topic locked
Dubai Traffic seems moving towards Abu Dhabi Feb 26, 2009
If one travels from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, you can see the traffic getting busy. It seems more people working in Abu Dhabi, but still staying in Dubai. I presume the case of rent being paid in advance for the whole year.

I heard that they have started a real good bus service between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Has anybody tried that?

worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Traffic seems moving towards Abu Dhabi Feb 26, 2009
worldguy wrote:If one travels from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, you can see the traffic getting busy. It seems more people working in Abu Dhabi, but still staying in Dubai. I presume the case of rent being paid in advance for the whole year.

I heard that they have started a real good bus service between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Has anybody tried that?

The bus has been around for years. 30 bucks round trip, from Ghubaiba station
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Dubai Traffic seems moving towards Abu Dhabi Mar 01, 2009
worldguy wrote:If one travels from Dubai to Abu Dhabi, you can see the traffic getting busy.

and mores the pity, it really used to be a stress-free drive and a road you could put your foot down on, sadly, no more.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 01, 2009
rumors say there is not too much to expect revenue wise for the next year in Dubai, some companies are looking into moving to AD as well.

well, rumors are rumors.
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 01, 2009
Habibi wrote:rumors say there is not too much to expect revenue wise for the next year in Dubai, some companies are looking into moving to AD as well.

well, rumors are rumors.

And as you should know, rumors always have a core piece of information that is correct.

So lets say 10 percent is moving out to AD. Shift in traffic is imminent.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2009
Moderators, we have a unwanted kind of funny guy in our mid...

Please clobber his arse.
RobbyG

Mar 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Moderators, we have a unwanted kind of funny guy in our mid...

Please clobber his arse.

Already requested
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 02, 2009
All those cars heading for Abu Dhabi! The parking there is a nightmare now, whats it going to be like when all the Dubai mob descend on it?

They have 'Parking Structures' (Multi storey car parks!) but still park in lines down the middle of the small roads between buildings.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Mar 02, 2009
So Dubai is going to become Abu Dhabis Sharjah?
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2009
CVB wrote:So Dubai is going to become Abu Dhabis Sharjah?
:lol:
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2009
scarlet wrote:
CVB wrote:So Dubai is going to become Abu Dhabis Sharjah?
:lol:

No, I heard it will be;

Abu Dhabi Du

Say it a few times :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 02, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:All those cars heading for Abu Dhabi! The parking there is a nightmare now, whats it going to be like when all the Dubai mob descend on it?

They have 'Parking Structures' (Multi storey car parks!) but still park in lines down the middle of the small roads between buildings.

Knight

Thats for Mob getaway techniques. They enter a building, rob the jewels, liquididate the workers inside and use the shooter on their way out.
The exit strategy follows the same 'parking structures' as known in the mob hierarchy...Security front and back, payload (VIP) in the middle somewhere.

Black Merc's perhaps?
Or maybe they bought white Mercs simply for the heat 8)
RobbyG

Mar 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:All those cars heading for Abu Dhabi! The parking there is a nightmare now, whats it going to be like when all the Dubai mob descend on it?

Knight

Thats for Mob getaway techniques. They enter a building, rob the jewels, liquididate the workers inside and use the shooter on their way out.
The exit strategy follows the same 'parking structures' as known in the mob hierarchy...Security front and back, payload (VIP) in the middle somewhere.

Black Merc's perhaps?

I don't understand what the hell you're talking about, but I did own a black Merc once.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 02, 2009
To throw in my two dirhams, I haven't noticed an increase in traffic coming out of Dubai. Most of the traffic is around Jebal Ali, from people working there but once you get past that it's smooth sailing. It only starts to pick up again quite a bit after the border, which means it's people living way outside Abu Dhabi rather than in Dubai. Like once you get to Samha there is a noticeable increase in traffic flow.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Mar 02, 2009
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Knight

Black Merc's perhaps?

I don't understand what the hell you're talking about, but I did own a black Merc once.

You were rolling cookin' hot back in those days, weren't ya player :lol:
RobbyG

Mar 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Knight

Black Merc's perhaps?

How do you annoy someone with a Mercedes?

Call it a Volkswagen!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Mar 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Knight

Black Merc's perhaps?

Back in those days? That photo is from 2005!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 02, 2009
Me ain't serious...you are ;)

Twofold: Cookin' hot in your BLACK bimmer... or (cookin') hot like a player!

2005 still remains the past as I can remember.
RobbyG

Mar 02, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Me ain't serious...you are ;)

Twofold: Cookin' hot in your BLACK bimmer... or (cookin') hot like a player!

2005 still remains the past as I can remember.

I figured you thought it is an old photo. That camera/film was awful.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat