Dubai , The New Crime Capital ?

Topic locked
Dubai , The new crime capital ? Feb 18, 2009
We came accross this little feature in the British tabloid paper, the Mirror, which more or less says that most crime lords are shunning the spanish resorts, (or Monaco, or Rio or Mexico or some other place that has sun and sea) for, well you’ve guessed it - Dubai.

Apparently, Dubai has all the right credentials for fleeing crime lords:

Crime bosses are fleeing to the United Arab Emirates state because there is no extradition treaty with the UK. They are also using the property market there as an easy way to launder their millions.

As Dubai grows, in population and size - as well as becoming yet more wealthy - expect not only to see crime bosses attracted to the glittering region but also an increase in white-collar crime. Dubai’s challenge, just one of many, is to see if it’s archaic attitudes and systems are ready to govern a modern super city.

Source : THe dubai Life

hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
Why the hell do you think Dubai's property market is booming
Black money can be laundered really easily

If you got black money ,properties in dubai are your game
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
I heard of this before but I thought naaa it can't be. but it's cool having some sort of mafia around and drive by shooting, it is getting boring over there LOL maybe is one of them arniegang LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 18, 2009
uaekid wrote:I heard of this before but I thought naaa it can't be. but it's cool having some sort of mafia around and drive by shooting, it is getting boring over there LOL maybe is one of them arniegang LOL

I'm sure about this mafia thing in UAE.
I've even heard the Mafia has a lot of property in Dubai
but no operations...

hehehe.. i'm already imagining black bulletproof suvs shooting around at the jumeira beach residence..hehe :D
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
Don't worry!! There are enough crooks already in Dubai!! You don't need to import ANY!!

Some of it is "white collar crime" .......the rest is "white sheet crime!"

Selling overpriced property to gullible MUGS is a crime in my book!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
umm...
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 18, 2009
RedKite wrote:Don't worry!! There are enough crooks already in Dubai!! You don't need to import ANY!!

If people are ready to buy what is wrong with selling it?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 18, 2009
Who is the bigger fool? The person who tries to to fool someone or the fool who lets him fool him?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 18, 2009
errr sorry but this is old news. everyone knows about the indian mafia and russian mafia influence in dubai.

dawd ibrahim the indian don has a home in dubai and probably lives here too :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2009
rudeboy wrote:errr sorry but this is old news. everyone knows about the indian mafia and russian mafia influence in dubai.

Who is the Russian one, I just wonder... :shock:

I believe all those thieves (not mafia) have property and money rather in London, the Worlds financial capital, than Dubai...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 18, 2009
It cant be London , in London they have strict rules in money laundering and they have tax
Look at sachin Tendulkars case the poor guy got a gift from a star and hes to pay tax on it now compare it with UAE
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
RedKite wrote:Don't worry!! There are enough crooks already in Dubai!! You don't need to import ANY!!

The problem (or your problem) with the excessive property boom (and bust) is not caused only by white collar workers, but the enormous amount of black money in Dubai's economy.
Hard worked money is pulled out faster than the black dollars. They remain in overseas properties like in Dubai and that keeps prices up. So you might even consider this a good thing...

Whats side are you on RK? :lol:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 19, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
rudeboy wrote:errr sorry but this is old news. everyone knows about the indian mafia and russian mafia influence in dubai.

Who is the Russian one, I just wonder... :shock:

I believe all those thieves (not mafia) have property and money rather in London, the Worlds financial capital, than Dubai...

the chelsea don probably ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat