Villa Prices Fall By Up To 45%

Topic locked
Feb 03, 2009
I know. I'm saying there is no residency visa for property owners, I hear they just coming up with 6 months renewable visa for property owners.

I read that inf. as well..

Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 03, 2009
I understand Emaar are still sponsoring 3 year investor visa's.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 03, 2009
arniegang wrote:I understand Emaar are still sponsoring 3 year investor visa's.

This is correct although I believe it is only for people that have paid for the property and have the Lands Department Registration in their name.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2009
All investors have to have their apartments/villas registered with the land department. I've just done mine.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 03, 2009
There are so many families are dependent on the real estate market. I hope Dubai buz again to its maximum.
bhomes
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 03, 2009
bhomes wrote:There are so many families are dependent on the real estate market. I hope Dubai buz again to its maximum.

Better Homes

why dont you buzz off and do some real estate work in the real world.

Geez how desperate are they

:roll:
arniegang

Feb 03, 2009
arniegang wrote:
bhomes wrote:There are so many families are dependent on the real estate market. I hope Dubai buz again to its maximum.

Better Homes

why dont you buzz off and do some real estate work in the real world.

Geez how desperate are they

:roll:

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 14, 2009
when the prices are going down... is this a right time to invest in freehold???

Expert answers expected from property field.

Vera.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 14, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:when the prices are going down... is this a right time to invest in freehold???

Vera.

Offcourse there is an optimum moment, Vera.
Its called 'the bottom'. Just time 'your' bottom and jump on the bandwagon.

I hope you do your homeowork properly, cause Dubai property market is one of the volatile in the world. So make sure you don't need the money anytime soon after buying.

Other than that, good investing ;)
RobbyG

Feb 18, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:when the prices are going down... is this a right time to invest in freehold???

Vera.

Yea, but who has that kinda money
Whoever has got the money is too afraid to risk it now
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 18, 2009
deadlife wrote:

Vera.

Yea, but who has that kinda money
Whoever has got the money is too afraid to risk it now

This is certainly the truth today, however I wonder for how lomg?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 18, 2009
Robby.
You talk about the "bottom" of the market. The global recession is getting worse, with more bail-outs in the USA. Today it was said on BBC News that Texan BILLIONAIRE , Sir Allen Stanford, who has a SMILE [watch those boys who have big smiles !!!!] from ear to ear ...is involved in an $8 BILLION DOLLAR FRAUD!!
He is connected somehow to New York fraudster Bernard Madoff
[ aka Madoff with the money!!].
Apparently, Stanford has been taking totally false promises to his many investors.
He was putting MILLIONS into English and West Indian test cricket. Now they do NOT WANT TO KNOW HIM !!!
You have plenty of "friends" if you have money!!!

What has this got to do with Dubai ?? EVERYTHING!! It is symptomatic of a WORLD-WIDE CON BASED ON INFLATED PROPERTY VALUES!!

So many " mega-rich" people , globally, are on IMMENSE BORROWED MONEY!!
For example......is Donald Trump going flat out to finish his "Trump Tower" on Palm Jumeirah?? OR IS IT STOPPED?

Just look at the situation. It is getting WORSE globally, not better. Dubai has an IMMENSE amount of unfinished building work. So, by 2012, there will be a VASTLY INCREASED amount of property flooding the market in Dubai.......whilst the rest of the world is STILL suffering. So Dubai property MUST FALL over the next 3 years.....maybe longer!!
THE CUSTOMERS MUST COME FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD!!

Anyone who buys NOW is a FOOL!! The Dow Jones FELL 300 points tonight. CNN says 46 of 50 American States have HUGE DEBT problems. California owes billions!! The US economy has HUGE problems ! IRELAND HAS HUGE PROBLEMS!! The UK has redundancies galore!!
DUBAI IS NOT IMMUNE TO ALL THIS!!

If Dubai is going to ATTRACT TOURISTS.......then MAKE FLIGHTS AND HOTELS MUCH CHEAPER!! MAKE IT AFFORDABLE TO MORE PEOPLE!!
Then , there is a chance of the shops doing more trade , as well.

Lots of Dubai visitors , NOW , are businessmen......not tourists!! Business is masking tourism in Dubai. Take away the BUSINESSMEN and where does it leave Dubai?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
When will you learn to READ PROPERLY?

I gave a 'sarcastic' advice to Vera of 'timing her own bottom'.
Never did I say we currently experience a bottom in the property market, let alone the stock market.

READDD with Triple D.

ps: How many more times are you going to tell us the world is on the EDGE. I know how the economy stands. I read it every day myself.

:wink:
RobbyG

Feb 18, 2009
Come off it Robby!!
Your posting does NOT READ as "sarcastically" as you infer. You tell her to "time her bottom and jump on the bandwagon". You say tthere is an "optimum" moment called the "bottom" . Of course there is!!!
Then you say "good investing". You INFER that one can invest SOON, as long as you do not need to sell.

I would say " WAIT UNTIL 2011 AT LEAST" . Then review prices!!

The stock market REFLECTS BUSINESS MOOD!! If the Dow is still FALLING....and it fell 300 points today, what does it tell you about American business ?? IT IS IN TROUBLE!!
TOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE LIVED FOR TOO LONG BEYOND THEIR MEANS!!
SPENDTHRIFTS CREATED ON THE FEEL-GOOD FACTOR OF HIGH PROPERTY VALUES !!!.........TOTALLY FALSE VALUES!!

Don't worry, there will be a knock-on effect in Dubai due to MADOFF : AIG ; LEHMANN BROTHERS ; RBS ; HBOS ; SIR ALLEN STANFORD ET AL

THE WORLD IS FULL OF SMART-SUITED, SHARP-TONGUED , CONSTANTLY SMILING CONMEN , CHARLATANS AND IDIOTS!!

GIVE ME A GRUMPY HONEST PERSON EVERY TIME!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
Let me explain it very simplistic for you: step by step

[quote]
when the prices are going down... is this a right time to invest in freehold???

Vera.
[unquote]

Here, Vera askes towards 'professionals' a question that does not necessarily have to be answered by pro's. Every simple mind can answer this. Hence my low 'sarcastic' reply in the first alinea below;

[quote]
Offcourse there is an optimum moment, Vera.
Its called 'the bottom'. Just time 'your' bottom and jump on the bandwagon.

I hope you do your homeowork properly, cause Dubai property market is one of the volatile in the world. So make sure you don't need the money anytime soon after buying.

Other than that, good investing
[end quote]

My last phrase, is purely based on her 'future' activity of investing in the Dubai real estate market. Also a bit sarcastic. In my opinion (as well as yours by the way) its not the time to put your money at work. At least not yet...

Get it RK?
RobbyG

Feb 18, 2009
Robby,
You do NOT CONVEY SARCASM in your writing, so there is no need to get shirty with me. You may be "sarcastic" in your OWN MIND.....but that is not necessarily understood by the reader.
You seem to forget that most people are ANONYMOUS on here. So Vera does NOT KNOW who is in the "property field".Anyone can reply.
[1] Vera does not know who is who on the site .
[2] Vera might be a man ,using a woman's pseudonym [ not that it matters, really!]
[3] Sage and onion might be .....WISE [a sage] with many LAYERS [onion]. His advice might end in tears . [onion again] .

With an anonymous web-site.......all sorts of things might be said......for a PLETHORA of motives.........some DEVIOUS......others FOOLHARDY.....others WISE!!........others DISHONEST.........others TOTALLY HONEST !!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
Well, it probably is good that not all of my sarcasm is visible.
I might even make a few new friends here, by hiding it hahaha

But RedKite, before you start drooling again about Dubai and the world economy... WE KNOW (SCREAMING).

We all know (talking calm and with ease of mind)...

;)
RobbyG

Feb 20, 2009
(let's test your dark humor and sarcasm RR;-))

I've got a quick and brief opinion about all this, if you don't mind sharing

The new skyscraper Dubai is build only on and around the boom itself ... the boom is over ... the bubble burst ... the rest will be history.

Sandcastles ... ashes to ashes, dust to dust, sand to sand - surprise factor zero

just to add that it doesn't really help that the only real driver of all this is now at 38$ a barrel with a gloomy outlook
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 20, 2009
RK - what is with all the screaming - CAPS and !!!!!!! It doesn't get your message through any better.

What has happened with Stanford and Madoff was with private investors. The investors are out of the money, and I doubt it will have the effect you seem to think it will have on the current US economic crisis. Where it should have an impact is with the SEC who ignored the warnings and the signs.

The private investors have only themselves to blame - if its too good to be true, then it must be a lie - thinking they were going to see a big windfall, and the SEC for not taking action. Even after Madoff was arrested, his wife was able to withdraw, what was $10 million?, several weeks after his arrest, from another company under Madoff's name.

What Stanford and Madoff did is known as a SCAM. They certainly didn't impact the economic crisis by screwing people out of their money.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Feb 20, 2009
Habibi wrote:(let's test your dark humor and sarcasm RR;-))

The new skyscraper Dubai is build only on and around the boom itself ... the boom is over ... the bubble burst ... the rest will be history.

Sandcastles ... ashes to ashes, dust to dust, sand to sand - surprise factor zero

just to add that it doesn't really help that the only real driver of all this is now at 38$ a barrel with a gloomy outlook

You are pretty good in gloomy descriptions ;)
Are you saying Dubai is becoming a ghost city and will fall apart back to dust?

If the barrel doesn't rise fast, the building will fall down, right? :D
RobbyG

Feb 20, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Habibi wrote:(let's test your dark humor and sarcasm RR;-))

You are pretty good in gloomy descriptions ;)
Are you saying Dubai is becoming a ghost city and will fall apart back to dust?

If the barrel doesn't rise fast, the building will fall down, right? :D

You nailed it.

Try to answer the question on what industries are all the jobs here based on?

Even if you look at Dubai as a hub to surrounding areas, yes, it's all based on one thing only, that's oil.

I'm going to Saudi every week, I see huge budget restraints with the largest and strongest companies there ... it's not looking any better in other GCC states.

Most of the boom in Dubai was all around construction, and that's gone now...with it all the other services industries around it.

What's left, holiday makers?

I give export some less gloom ... but that's about it.

I'm not a doomer or gloomer per se, but I also don't wear a pair of rose tinted glasses ;-)

If I give you 320k Euro's today, would you go and by a 2BR Villa in the Springs now? (because that's how cheap(?) they are today after they came down from silly tops of
646k Euro, which was around 3mill AED to stay on topic with the thread ...)

...or do you have the trust in Dubai and you would go and do it?

I tell you what I would do with 320k Euros, but that's certainly somewhere else in the world;-)
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 20, 2009
You still haven't told us what you will do with 250k euro's in your pocket!!

Tell us :D
RobbyG

Feb 20, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You still haven't told us what you will do with 250k euro's in your pocket!!

Tell us :D

sorry, was too slow editing;-) it's actually around 320k Euros for a 2BR now...down from 3 mill AED in Sep08 to 1.5 AED on average today...
this morning I saw a 2BR Springs for 1.1 mill...probably one located at the superhighway which they just decided to build in front of your nose without asking anyone.

I ain't going to tell you what I do with 320k Euros, because I'm not a financial adviser:-) I just tell you that I personally wouldn't put it in this market for the very reasons I mentioned before;-)
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 20, 2009
Habibi wrote:If I give you 320k Euro's today, would you go and by a 2BR Villa in the Springs now? (because that's how cheap(?) they are today after they came down from silly tops of 646k Euro, which was around 3mill AED)

I tell you what I would do with 320k Euros, but that's certainly somewhere else in the world;-)

He-he... I bought 1BR at 32 K$ (not in Dubai) on 2001... If there are similar prices in Dubai I will buy...

Dubai is not only construction and oil... It's also Dubai World with 2 State-of-the-Art sea ports, Emirates Group with airport, Jebel Ali Free Zone with tens of thousands of businesses, Duty Free and Hospitality services...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 20, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Habibi wrote:If I give you 320k Euro's today, would you go and by a 2BR Villa in the Springs now? (because that's how cheap(?) they are today after they came down from silly tops of 646k Euro, which was around 3mill AED)

He-he... I bought 1BR at 32 K$ (not in Dubai) on 2001... If there are similar prices in Dubai I will buy...

Dubai is not only construction and oil... It's also Dubai World with 2 State-of-the-Art sea ports, Emirates Group with airport, Jebel Ali Free Zone with tens of thousands of businesses, Duty Free and Hospitality services...

Yes, I give you the free zone for exports, and Emirates is really one of the best, if not THE best airline, I love them. But Dubai is not going to let them down, they are the face of the UAE. Imagine if that would go down as a hub between the West and East? Where other governments will not support their national airline (KLM has been sold to France, right RR?)...now, with what money? Maybe Oil money, could be, I'm not sure;-)
Back to the barrel...
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 20, 2009
Were not really being completely serious here, Chief!

jollying around a bit. Talking eachother into the dip...doom and gloom

We love it :D
RobbyG

Feb 20, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Were not really being completely serious here, Chief!

jollying around a bit. Talking eachother into the dip...doom and gloom

We love it :D

True, we love it and we all hope for the best;-)
But there are some true personal opinions (and these are only that, personal opinions, we all have one...next to something else;-))
Habibi
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 21, 2009
Habibi wrote:
Red Chief wrote:

Yes, I give you the free zone for exports, and Emirates is really one of the best, if not THE best airline, I love them. But Dubai is not going to let them down, they are the face of the UAE. Imagine if that would go down as a hub between the West and East? Where other governments will not support their national airline (KLM has been sold to France, right RR?)...now, with what money? Maybe Oil money, could be, I'm not sure;-)
Back to the barrel...

Before I get back on topic with a vigurous housing update, first a reply to Habibi;

KLM was in great shape when they were looking for a partner which they found in Air France. So they merged and with AF being the largest of the two, they got more members in the board. The guarantees were made that KLM (being a brand name world renowned) remained existent with decisions being made in the Netherlands for initially 5 years.

Now to get back on track with more serious stuff, also in addition to the oil issue that Habibi referred to above;

Dubai unofficially went Bust. I cannot confirm this, but youtube has a few vids that make you believe its true. And honestly, I'm not surprised and probably you guys are neither.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ij5f4x ... re=related
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67dYh4UQ ... re=related
3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk9Sbpnk ... re=related
4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8fuI2p ... re=related
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKVxOUON ... annel_page

And if your truly desperate to stay in your Porsche;
6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZvjshK ... annel_page
RobbyG

Feb 21, 2009
RE: The videos

Oh, poor man in his porsche. I have little sympathy for that guy, much much more so for the Subcontintent workers who have most probably gone into lots of debt to get here.

But also, I feel for the Australian couple featured in that story, just because it rings true for so many Aussies I know over here who are in the same situation. You have to plan for a five year stint here to get the kind of reward most are looking for. That means getting an expensive villa (because the price will only go up the longer you wait) and getting one or two cars on a loan (because over 5 years you'll be better off).

Six months ago no one would have dreamed about losing their job. The financial people have blood on their hands but the average Joe could not have seen this coming. To pack up and move here only to return a few months later in debt is heartbreaking.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 21, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:You have to plan for a five year stint here to get the kind of reward most are looking for. That means getting an expensive villa (because the price will only go up the longer you wait) and getting one or two cars on a loan (because over 5 years you'll be better off).

It shows only how stupid and greedy people could be... From rugs to riches... It's a gambling, mate... Once upon a time they can lose, most of them...

I know one Aussie who didn't buy. Don't worry - our time is comming. Wait 2 years and we'll buy at a bargain. :D :D :D
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat