Villa Prices Fall By Up To 45%

Topic locked
Jan 15, 2009
bhomes wrote:The market of Dubai Villas will get stabilise as the demand grows because of the short supply.

How many villas do YOU actually own?

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 16, 2009
thank god

finaly i will be able to buy a small house for my family
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 16, 2009
I don't think that some of you in Dubai realise how bad the world economy is about to become.

Thousands are being laid off in the UK every day. That is all you hear on the news over here.. Look at the firms GONE down since about December:-
Woolworth; MFI; Waterford Crystal ;Wedgewood ; JCB [cutbacks and redundancies]; Ford Motors [ cutbacks] ; building companies ;shops closing galore.
Very soon , councils are going to lay thousands of people off. Banks are already doing so.
Therefore, UK property prices could fall another 20 per cent. So who do you think is going to buy all this property in Dubai , when westerners are losing their jobs wholesale? Who do you think is going to holiday in Dubailand, when the flights are much further and much dearer than Spain? The hotel prices don't compare with the Med and the Med has a far better climate and atmosphere.
We are talking of a major global recesssion here. I was checking Dubai out on Google yesterday and put "visit dubai" in as a web search. I found a site there, at the very top of Google UK which listed all the building going on in the UAE. It amounted to enough for about 5 million people at least !!
That was only Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The size of the projects is huge. A million people in one project.[ Waterfront Dubai, I think] Housing for 1.5 million on Al Reem Island in Abu Dhabi. How big is Palm Deira and Dubai Marina ?? All high rise!!
All of those flats and villas were going to be on the market by 2012. Well WHO is going to buy them all in a global recession? There is complete overkill on property in the UAE, looking from the outside. They have a TINY population of local people, yet they are building homes and shopping malls like there is no tomorrow.
It does not make sense. A 40 per cent drop from the peak prices is quite feasible if the property market is being flooded in a recession.
It is people from places like the UK that Dubai needs to spend money there. Well it won't happen as things are now.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2009
can someone provide me with an agency or a person with theses prices ? I mean the 45% or even 30%. my friend is trying to get a 2 bedroom in marina and couldn't even get a 15% !!!
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 17, 2009
uaekid wrote:can someone provide me with an agency or a person with theses prices ? I mean the 45% or even 30%. my friend is trying to get a 2 bedroom in marina and couldn't even get a 15% !!!

The best thing to do is walk around where you are looking.
But I agree, I havn't seen these sort on decreases yet. I think that the high profile places such as the palm jumeirah and jebel ali are leading the way and the rest will follow.
benwj

Jan 17, 2009
uaekid wrote:can someone provide me with an agency or a person with theses prices ? I mean the 45% or even 30%. my friend is trying to get a 2 bedroom in marina and couldn't even get a 15% !!!

It will take another month or so for the real truth to sink in, then you will see the prices tumbling as Landlords scramble to rent their properties.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2009
i guess its a good time to buy in places where you have missed out on. but i think the prices will go down for a few more years. you looking at 2 years before everything sorts out.

wouldnt mind having my own villa on the palm island, the lakes or even the jlt.

guess got loads of time to get my cash ready :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2009
rudeboy wrote:i guess its a good time to buy in places where you have missed out on. but i think the prices will go down for a few more years. you looking at 2 years before everything sorts out.

Having seen how they have been built on the Palm I would not recomend purchasing anything there.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
rudeboy wrote:i guess its a good time to buy in places where you have missed out on. but i think the prices will go down for a few more years. you looking at 2 years before everything sorts out.

Having seen how they have been built on the Palm I would not recomend purchasing anything there.

i am not saying that i would live there. am just thinking that since i missed out on purchasing something there when the prices were low i should consider it now. i like JLT, jvs is a bit dodgy, motor city looks to be good and sports city too. lets see. already got my eyes on a 500,000dhs studio in jlt. but just waiting for the prices to go down even more.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 17, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
bhomes wrote:The market of Dubai Villas will get stabilise as the demand grows because of the short supply.

Sage i think bhomes is some desperate person from Better Homes mate. He or she needs to get a grip that there is no demand for villa's and with the higher earning expats leaving DXB on a daily basis there will not be a shortage of supply for a very long time
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 17, 2009
arniegang wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Sage i think bhomes is some desperate person from Better Homes mate. He or she needs to get a grip that there is no demand for villa's and with the higher earning expats leaving DXB on a daily basis there will not be a shortage of supply for a very long time

Arnie, whats the reason behind this in your opinion?

brgds
RobbyG

Jan 18, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
arniegang wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Arnie, whats the reason behind this in your opinion?

brgds

Lets have your opinion as well Robby.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 18, 2009
huh, I don't understand...what do you mean 'lets have your opinion as well' ?

I'm asking you why the higher earning expats are leaving DXB on a daily basis? I can think of a reason, but if you know the facts, please share them with me!

:king:

ps: It is not, that the entire Dubai economy is crashing. That would be broadly covered in the media. Is it just an exodus of people that have seen it all, or is there a concrete reason for that outflow of high-earners...
RobbyG

Jan 18, 2009
There are some people on this site not facing up to reality. The UK recession is getting more serious by the day. On top of all the lost jobs I mentioned earlier , more and more private companies are going bust or shedding jobs.
Now , even the public sector Local Govt Assoc says that 40 councils were going to create 7000 redundancies.

You seem to forget that you are only in Dubai to create an INSTANT , mega tourist economy from a very low starting point , over about 15 years.
What I see there is VAST overkill. It needs the people of the west to:-
[a] Holiday there in places like Dubailand.
[b] Purchase the villas and apartments.

Well, the West is hitting REALLY HARD times!! So how can people travel that far on family holidays ? They will go to Spain, instead . Taking a FAMILY on a plane as far as Dubai is very expensive.
Secondly, how can they purchase expensive property?

The slump will really hit in 2010 and 2011 as thousands of new flats , villas and apartments are completed.....flooding the market!!
By then there will also be far more westerners out of work.So how are MILLIONS of people from the west going to purchase property in Dubai?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 18, 2009
RedKite wrote:There are some people on this site not facing up to reality. The UK recession is getting more serious by the day. On top of all the lost jobs I mentioned earlier , more and more private companies are going bust or shedding jobs.
Now , even the public sector Local Govt Assoc says that 40 councils were going to create 7000 redundancies.

You seem to forget that you are only in Dubai to create an INSTANT , mega tourist economy from a very low starting point , over about 15 years.
What I see there is VAST overkill. It needs the people of the west to:-
[a] Holiday there in places like Dubailand.
[b] Purchase the villas and apartments.

Well, the West is hitting REALLY HARD times!! So how can people travel that far on family holidays ? They will go to Spain, instead . Taking a FAMILY on a plane as far as Dubai is very expensive.
Secondly, how can they purchase expensive property?

The slump will really hit in 2010 and 2011 as thousands of new flats , villas and apartments are completed.....flooding the market!!
By then there will also be far more westerners out of work.So how are MILLIONS of people from the west going to purchase property in Dubai?

Thats exactly whats going on Redkite. You said it well.

Also this is a reason for the high-earning expats to stay in Dubai if there ís less work available in the West.
One of the reasons why high-earning expats are leaving Dubai would be the currency peg with the dollar.
If the dollar falls (which is inevitably going to happen despite recent rise against all other currencies) the Dirham is going to be less worth also.

For a Westerner earning his salary in Euro's, you have more buying power with Euro's than with dollars/Dirhams (keep in mind the currency peg 3.66 Dirhams per dollar) so this could make the EU currency stronger for some time if the depression does not erupt in the European markets.

There are signs though, that the Eastern block of the EU is pulling the Euro currency down and countries like Germany and us (Holland) are going to be taxed for that. We carry the bill with our growth patterns while the currency goes way down against the others, due to the malinvestments and unsound economies of Eastern EU countries (baltic states).

But, arniegang knows more. So lets what on that one... :lol:
RobbyG

Jan 18, 2009
Better Homesprices in Dubai are over inflated. I would not use the retail asking price of the units listed for sale by Better Homes to base actual market prices in Dubai. What people ask and what people actually pay are two different realities. Those looking to get what they want these days out of their units are either looking for buyers with cash to burn or people who have no clue about current market prices because those that go to the banks to get a loan and find out what Banks are actually willing to lean are in for a big shock :o

Prices are headed down further, just go to any bank and see what their current lending requirements are for any new house you wish to purchase.
Stylinexpat
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 18, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I'm asking you why the higher earning expats are leaving DXB on a daily basis? I can think of a reason, but if you know the facts, please share them with me!

There was a report last week (Xpress I think) of average 1500 visa cancellations per day. Even if that sounds high, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence.
bonk

Jan 18, 2009
This is not just about currencies. we are talking of a GLOBAL recession here, which is only just starting. To have a NUMBER of top UK companies lay off workers or go bust, like they have over the last 2 months is unheard of. These are the welth CREATORS of the UK. Can you name a better, more iconic , BRITISH manufacturer than JCB ?
I can't !! Yet they are laying men off!!
So are Fords in Bridgend working short hours !!
Barclays Bang lost a QUARTER of its value in ONE DAY last week.
Don't you realise how serious it is?
Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi , who has a huge stake in Barclays Bank lost £440 MILLION in one day!!
So even the Arab billionaires are being hit!!
Yet, Dubai keeps building in the hope of drawing British, American and European tourists on LONG FLIGHTS to an expensive place in a global recession!!
It does not add up!!
Dubai is flooding the market with properties and wanting to attract world tourists !

They are in for a SHOCK!! Wait until 2010 and 2011. Where are the rich westerners to buy all this property ? The west is getting POORER!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 18, 2009
Sorry for the typos.......Barclays BANG must be a Freudian slip!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 18, 2009
i had enquired with my landlord in Apr for buying out the apartment which I had rented in June 08..AED 2.1 mil..
Now she is ready to sell it @ 1.4 mil..

Now thts quiet a drop in 8 mnths.. I am waiting.... :roll:
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 19, 2009
RedKite wrote:This is not just about currencies. we are talking of a GLOBAL recession here, which is only just starting. To have a NUMBER of top UK companies lay off workers or go bust, like they have over the last 2 months is unheard of. These are the welth CREATORS of the UK. Can you name a better, more iconic , BRITISH manufacturer than JCB ?
I can't !! Yet they are laying men off!!
So are Fords in Bridgend working short hours !!
Barclays Bang lost a QUARTER of its value in ONE DAY last week.
Don't you realise how serious it is?
Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi , who has a huge stake in Barclays Bank lost £440 MILLION in one day!!
So even the Arab billionaires are being hit!!
Yet, Dubai keeps building in the hope of drawing British, American and European tourists on LONG FLIGHTS to an expensive place in a global recession!!
It does not add up!!
Dubai is flooding the market with properties and wanting to attract world tourists !

They are in for a SHOCK!! Wait until 2010 and 2011. Where are the rich westerners to buy all this property ? The west is getting POORER!!

How many times are you going to repeat the same essence? I think everybody knows that growth is going down. And a contraction of economies will take place, but thats normal. Don't freak out dude. You're acting like a chicken without a head.
We've been here before, and recessions are normal. This time, we have half of the world in recession all at once. This is just a correction. Were not going back to the stoneage!! You wake up Red flyer.

Yes, things are a bit bad. Yes, Englands seems worse off than the rest, but hey, we've been there before and governments are throwing money at it. Its called inflationary (phoney) money policy. Its a Keynesian thingy.
More money in circulation eventually makes prices go up. So those so called experts in the US and UK are making their currency run to the ground by devaluations. Good for exports you know!

Redkite, stop repeating that fear and loathing. Get a grip and see opportunities. Most people run behind the hoard when fear runs deep, but thats the moment when savvy people are going to BUY.

Every market has its return at one point. Timing is the issue we can't control. And prices...they are controlled by government printing presses and balance sheet expansions...unprecedented money creation to counter the deflationary forces in the private sector.

Get real 8)

ps; The only thing that should concern you at this point, is your salary.
If it doesn't keep up with the coming inflation boom (somewhere beyond 2010 I guess) you can't afford those property prices anyway after they have been inflated with phoney money.
Moreover, think about your legacy. Your children have to pay for the expansion of government balance sheets by foreign lending from China and Japan. They have surplus money with which they buy Treasuries and bonds from governments accross the world to fund this crazy policies.

I favor a strong contraction and back to normal. But unfortunately governments and politicians have to think about their constituens, so they seek quantative easing as a measure against firm contractions.
Basically its manipulating the free markets. :cry:
RobbyG

Jan 19, 2009
It is in today newspaper ... 60% is the expectation of Dubai properties prices to go down... it's almost free :)
uaekid

Jan 19, 2009
Robbie G,
It is you that needs to get real. I can tell you for a fact that we have NOT been here before !! Governments are having to bail out banks on a massive scale. Gordon Brown has to push billions MORE into Royal Bank Of Scotland and HBOS . Barclays Bank shares fell 25 per cent in one day last week. So WHEN have we been there before? Not in my lifetime and I am OVER SIXTY !! All of this banking crisis has been caused by inflationary property prices since about 2000. I have been saying in British Newspapers by letter since 2002 , that UK property prices were crazy......and they are even crazier in Dubai, because they have been building like there is no tomorrow. Who the hell do you think is going to buy hundreds of thousands of flats in hundreds of High rise buildings going up all over the place? Top companies in the UK and USA are laying off people because the banks are in trouble. The banks are in trouble because they lent 6 times salaries to LIARS all over the western world , who were encouraged to lie about their salaries by professional charlatans earning commission. It would not have happened if the LENDERS stuck to 3 times salary for mortgages.
So houses that should have remained at £150,000 in the UK sold for £250,000, but the £100,000 extra was inflation, not actual VALUE. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands of homes, and the ASSETS of the banks......based on inflated properties......were not REAL assets. America was worse. The most profitable lending was to the poorest people, the sub-prime market. Now there is a collapse there, followed by a collapse of the banks. Dubai is a house of cards, waiting to go. Whatever property prices are now, they are bound to be lower in a year or two's time when a lot EXTRA property hits the market.
Don't tell me we have been here BEFORE. The banks did not collapse like this when Margaret Thatcher brought in monetarism in the Early Eighties, although a lot of companies went bust. This is different. Government.......Which is us ..the people , is having to subsidise banks to the tune of billions. Look at all those properties mentioned on that visit-dubai web-site when you put visit dubai into Google UK. There is Waterfront ; Al Reem Island; Palm Deira; Palm Jebel Ali ; Dubai Marina : Jumeirah Islands ; Lulu Island ; Sharjah developments ; Arabian Ranches ; Burj Dubai ; Saadiyat Island etc etc.
Who is going to buy homes on that scale? The buyers have to come from the west. Then if the oil price rises again, flights to Dubai will rise, and Dubai is 8 hours from western Europe, not 2 hours like Spain !
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 19, 2009
Lets see here; the salaries of many employees will be cut including allowances
for school and housing. Which means some expats have to send their families back home, to save money. At the same the demand for housing will shrink, cause they need smaller apartments to rent, same goes for cars, schools, consumer products.
Some high earning expats will have to leave the Gulf area, because they will be replaced by lower paid ones, read new workers being hired from softening economies from somewhere else with more favorable employment contracts for the employer. My guess is, that there will be a substantial number of companies being hard pressed to sustain current employment figures. There has to be a correction, or some companies will go under.
Regarding the Euro, the Baltic states economies are too small to have a major impact on the Euro.
On one to one the Dollar is steady to the Euro, both have the same underlying problems, with the Dollar serving a more competitive economy than the Euro.
The Dollar will be under pressure in the future once the massive influx of funds being injected by the Fed into the system have to be absorbed One day they have to raise interest rates to fight off inflation. The ECB as well. Thus making investments in real estate expensive.
macjul
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 19, 2009
RedKite wrote:Robbie G,
It is you that needs to get real. I can tell you for a fact that we have NOT been here before !! Governments are having to bail out banks on a massive scale. Gordon Brown has to push billions MORE into Royal Bank Of Scotland and HBOS . Barclays Bank shares fell 25 per cent in one day last week. So WHEN have we been there before? Not in my lifetime and I am OVER SIXTY !! All of this banking crisis has been caused by inflationary property prices since about 2000. I have been saying in British Newspapers by letter since 2002 , that UK property prices were crazy......and they are even crazier in Dubai, because they have been building like there is no tomorrow. Who the hell do you think is going to buy hundreds of thousands of flats in hundreds of High rise buildings going up all over the place? Top companies in the UK and USA are laying off people because the banks are in trouble. The banks are in trouble because they lent 6 times salaries to LIARS all over the western world , who were encouraged to lie about their salaries by professional charlatans earning commission. It would not have happened if the LENDERS stuck to 3 times salary for mortgages.
So houses that should have remained at £150,000 in the UK sold for £250,000, but the £100,000 extra was inflation, not actual VALUE. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands of homes, and the ASSETS of the banks......based on inflated properties......were not REAL assets. America was worse. The most profitable lending was to the poorest people, the sub-prime market. Now there is a collapse there, followed by a collapse of the banks. Dubai is a house of cards, waiting to go. Whatever property prices are now, they are bound to be lower in a year or two's time when a lot EXTRA property hits the market.
Don't tell me we have been here BEFORE. The banks did not collapse like this when Margaret Thatcher brought in monetarism in the Early Eighties, although a lot of companies went bust. This is different. Government.......Which is us ..the people , is having to subsidise banks to the tune of billions. Look at all those properties mentioned on that visit-dubai web-site when you put visit dubai into Google UK. There is Waterfront ; Al Reem Island; Palm Deira; Palm Jebel Ali ; Dubai Marina : Jumeirah Islands ; Lulu Island ; Sharjah developments ; Arabian Ranches ; Burj Dubai ; Saadiyat Island etc etc.
Who is going to buy homes on that scale? The buyers have to come from the west. Then if the oil price rises again, flights to Dubai will rise, and Dubai is 8 hours from western Europe, not 2 hours like Spain !

RedKite, Ok we haven't been here before. I know. I've writing about this crisis since the collapse in August and yes its unprecedented. What I did mean to say, was that we are used to booms and busts. Its nothing new!
I congratulate you with your 60 years of life. Its an age I haven't reached yet, and I surely have respect for you and your experience in life. The thing that bugged my mind, was the fact you pointed it out more than once as I recall and the essence of your saying was not pointing in new directions. You know, like a parrot repeating the same thing. :wink:

But, reasonable as I am, I agree the economic outlook is worse than ever. I must give you additional credits for your above explanation of events. Its very accurate and exactly the way I see it happening. I have been writing Op-Ed articles for Goldprices.biz where I gave people my insights of the US government policies inflating its way out of its liabilities and countering the deflationary forces in the private sector.
As you know, Inflation is a creditors largest enemy. Likewise, it is an debtors greater good. Eventually when monetary velocity in the US and UK (for instance) picks up again, you'll see a rise in prices and for people that hold on to their property long enough, will see their nominal values return. Mind you, with the same dollar/pound worth less then before in e.g. Euro's.

The issue with the Euro is widely known, as the Union is still fresh. Outsiders believe that the Union is unable to control its members financial policies when all hell breaks loose, as is starting to get visible today. The Eastern and Southern EU members are having difficulty keeping up their economies and GDP figures. Also their debt is mounting due to high expenditures. What you see happening now, is the larger Central EU countries holding up reasonable well for now (against all others by comparison) and holding up some strength for the EU currency. The other members are pulling down the Euro, as they are expanding balance sheets and loans from the IMF etc. inflating our common currency. This is the weakness of the European Union. Its has expanded a bit to fast for others to join the free trade agreements in effect by its membership. Now my country for instance pays that price.

But the dollar and the pound are even worse off. The Euro is one of the stronger currencies available since the beginning of this crisis. August market fall made some of that strength dissappear into the worlds reserve currency, the dollar, but this is been seen by 'experts' as temporarily. The expansion of the FEDs balance sheet to 2 / 3 Trillion dollars is making sure of that. I have two outcomes for the US monetary policy happening today;
1. They inflate their way out of 50 Trillion dollars in government debt liabilities thereby debasing the dollar currency. (double digit inflation when the economy picks up again beyond 2010, resulting in higher prices for goods and support for current prices for real estate!!)
2. They US goes into Default. World chaos if you ask me. Can't even think of the consequences for all world economies.

Don't get me wrong. I sense whats happening out there. I'm feeling marginably real....tap..tap...yep.
The things thats bugging my mind, is people (your not the only one) going there the same way over and over again. I would say to them; I know!!! Don't repeat that what I already know! But then; You couldn't know I knew. So its all forgiven.
What bugs me upmost, is all the so called 'experts' that know it all. But they know nothing. So I started reading myself. I started investigating and I know now, that most of these leading world figures, don't know it either.
And again your right, this economic situation never happened before. Thats the excuse those political pundits keep saying for using that rotten Keynesian policy over and over again. Only to keep us at ease.

Its time for some people with vision in financial policy instead of pundits screaming fear. Don't you agree Red?

brgds,
RobbyG

Jan 21, 2009
Robby G
Goldpricesviz?? Not heard of that. I'll look it up . I put "dubai gold souk" into Google UK the other day and found this visit-dubai.co.uk near the top. That gold souk is fascinating. I bet a lot are being tempted to invest in gold , with everything else so dodgy.
Another possible investment is internet domains. Any interest in those in Netherlands ...or Dubai ?
Why does your Government only use visithollandcom for your tourism, when only two provinces are called Holland? I call your country Netherlands , not Holland. In our phone book, you are Netherlands , and in the Times atlas and National Geographic atlas. Your car registration is NL , not HO, so why does your tourist organisation not use visitnetherlandscom , or even better, visit-netherlandscom , which is clearer. They should use it to supplement their existing domain. Think how many globally enter visit-netherlandscom when looking for tourism info. Do you know that the New Zealand Govt paid FIVE MILLION dollars for newzealandcom ?
That visit-netherlandscom could be used for ANY Dutch business in fact. Must be better than money in the bank on very low interest rates.
Yesterday, Royal Bank of Scotland shares fell to 12 PENCE after being £7 not long ago. The banks have got a lot to answer for!!
Gold and domains must be a better bet at these interest rates.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 21, 2009
RedKite wrote:Robby G
Goldpricesviz?? Not heard of that. I'll look it up . I put "dubai gold souk" into Google UK the other day and found this visit-dubai.co.uk near the top. That gold souk is fascinating. I bet a lot are being tempted to invest in gold , with everything else so dodgy.
Another possible investment is internet domains. Any interest in those in Netherlands ...or Dubai ?
Why does your Government only use visithollandcom for your tourism, when only two provinces are called Holland? I call your country Netherlands , not Holland. In our phone book, you are Netherlands , and in the Times atlas and National Geographic atlas. Your car registration is NL , not HO, so why does your tourist organisation not use visitnetherlandscom , or even better, visit-netherlandscom , which is clearer. They should use it to supplement their existing domain. Think how many globally enter visit-netherlandscom when looking for tourism info. Do you know that the New Zealand Govt paid FIVE MILLION dollars for newzealandcom ?
That visit-netherlandscom could be used for ANY Dutch business in fact. Must be better than money in the bank on very low interest rates.
Yesterday, Royal Bank of Scotland shares fell to 12 PENCE after being £7 not long ago. The banks have got a lot to answer for!!
Gold and domains must be a better bet at these interest rates.

About my country; Internationally its known as the Netherlands.
We the citizens are Dutch, and not German (our neighbours) like many people think we are. We have 12 provinces. Two of them are linked to the name Holland. See http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provincies_van_Nederland for all 12.

In my country a Dutchmen or women is also named a Hollander.
Literally my countries name (The Netherlands) means Lowlands in english. Our nickname (Holland) is derived from that.
As you might imagine, it has something to do with....water.

As for gold and internet domains; Domains our out in my opinion. They were interesting during the 1990 - 2000 years. What money do you see in this?
Physical gold however, is used for protection or hedging against inflation or substantial devaluation of a paper currency. That is a must nowadays, especially when the dollar slides lower again against the other major currencies.
RobbyG

Jan 22, 2009
RobbyG wrote:In my country a Dutchmen or women is also named a Hollander.

Oh ... Is kaaskop not correct then?
bonk

Jan 22, 2009
bonk wrote:
RobbyG wrote:In my country a Dutchmen or women is also named a Hollander.

Oh ... Is kaaskop not correct then?

Yes that correct too!
Actually, thats even more applicable to me. My City of Alkmaar has the reputation of chees carriers and we carry the name: Kaaskop (Cheeshead).

Thats right Bonk! :lol:
RobbyG

Jan 22, 2009
Robby G,
If your tourism industry is marketed under visithollandcom , when Holland is actually only TWO provinces of the Netherlands, surely someone marketing using visit-netherlandscom would do very well? He could get all sorts of businesses to advertise on the site.
Netherlands is the name of the COUNTRY , so surely, this is a fantastic business chance.
I know Holland means "low land" . There is a Holland in Lincolnshire on similar ground.
I call your country Netherlands ......not Holland.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat