Fight Clubs???

Topic locked
Fight Clubs??? Jan 05, 2009
Hey all,

Am moving to Dubai in 3 weeks to work, and was keen to find out if there are any MMA/Boxing clubs in the area?

Also looking to join a football (soccer) team, as I play at a semi-professional standard in the UK.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

johnlee23
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 13, 2009
No not really
Supremea
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 13, 2009
Supremea wrote:No not really

What was the point of your post - knob!

There are boxing clubs and football clubs in Dubai. Behind the Times Square shopping centre there is a club that has 5 a side pitches and a boxing club.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 14, 2009
johnlee23, similiar to you I like the same sports. However, the big difference is I do not participate, just love to watch.

There is some sort of kickboxing gym on Sheikh Zayed Road. Nearish to the Mercedes salesroom if I remember correctly.

With the big time difference between here and the USA, I haven't manage to find any bars tha show the UFC. Pity as I'll be missing out on the Henderson vs Franklin, then the Fedor.
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Fight Clubs??? Jan 14, 2009
there's a boxing gym in Al Quoz industrial estate called Top Sports. its about a 5 minute drive from Mall of the emirates. its got good equipment, bags, full size ring etc.. the classes are rubbish though with little focus on technique, its also expensive - 1,250 AED for 6 months... other than that i dont know of any in dubai. i know there is a place called the fight acadamy out by sharjah but its more than an hours drive from dubai...i spent months looking for a decent gym here, its impossible to find anything....

i train regularly with a guy who looks after the white collar fighters. if you PM me I'll give you his details, he charges 60AED for a session
james c
Dubai Forum User

May 10, 2009
john , call al noon sports at this number. They can refer you to qualified and experienced fighter/ instructor.04-3966645
shanemcgyver
Dubai Forum User

Jun 12, 2009
No idea
matrixsun
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum