Where The Trolls Live

Topic locked
Where the trolls live Jan 11, 2009
Having been accused of not knowing any 'facts', perhaps it would be good for all of us to look at one or two well published and irrefutable facts. Let me see, where shall we start? Oh, lets start with Bangladesh...

In 1947, West Pakistan and East Bengal (both primarily Muslim) separated from India (largely Hindu) and jointly became the new country of Pakistan. East Bengal became East Pakistan in 1955, but the awkward arrangement of a two-part country with its territorial units separated by 1,600 km left the Bengalis marginalized and dissatisfied. East Pakistan seceded from its union with West Pakistan in 1971 and was renamed Bangladesh. A military-backed caretaker regime suspended planned parliamentary elections in January 2007 in an effort to reform the political system and root out corruption; the regime has pledged new democratic elections by the end of 2008. About a third of this extremely poor country floods annually during the monsoon rainy season, hampering economic development.

Many people are landless and forced to live on and cultivate flood-prone land; waterborne diseases prevalent in surface water; water pollution, especially of fishing areas, results from the use of commercial pesticides; ground water contaminated by naturally occurring arsenic; intermittent water shortages because of falling water tables in the northern and central parts of the country; soil degradation and erosion; deforestation; severe overpopulation.

The economy has grown 5-6% over the past few years despite inefficient state-owned enterprises, delays in exploiting natural gas resources, insufficient power supplies, and slow implementation of economic reforms. Bangladesh remains a poor, overpopulated, and inefficiently-governed nation. Although more than half of GDP is generated through the service sector, nearly two-thirds of Bangladeshis are employed in the agriculture sector, with rice as the single-most-important product. Garment exports and remittances from Bangladeshis working overseas, mainly in the Middle East and East Asia, fuel economic growth. Extensive export of labor to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, Oman, Qatar, and Malaysia; workers' remittances estimated at $4.8 billion in 2005-06. (2007 est.)

Exports: $12.45 billion (2007 est.)
Exports - commodities:garments, jute and jute goods, leather, frozen fish and seafood
Exports - partners:US 23%, Germany 13%, UK 9.1%, France 5.5%, Belgium 4% (2007)
Imports: $16.67 billion (2007 est.)
Imports - commodities:machinery and equipment, chemicals, iron and steel, textiles, foodstuffs, petroleum products, cement
Imports - partners:China 15%, India 14.3%, Kuwait 8.3%, Singapore 6.2%, Hong Kong 4.2% (2007)

Debt - external:$21.23 billion (31 December 2007 est.)

Telephone system: general assessment: inadequate for a modern country; fixed-line telephone density remains less than 1 per 100 persons; mobile-cellular telephone subscribership has been increasing rapidly and is approaching 25 per 100 persons.

Transportation - note: the International Maritime Bureau reports the territorial waters of Bangladesh as high risk for armed robbery against ships; numerous commercial vessels have been attacked both at anchor and while underway; crews have been robbed and stores or cargoes stolen.

Refugees and internally displaced persons:refugees (country of origin): 26,268 (Burma)
IDPs: 65,000 (land conflicts, religious persecution) (2007)
Illicit drugs:transit country for illegal drugs produced in neighboring countries.

Nuff said.

Don't feed the troll, send him an aid package.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Where the trolls live Jan 11, 2009
Let's start from the Opium Wars. We could learn a lot about the country where most moderators live...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 11, 2009
I don't have a home. I'm homeless :roll:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
It's a pity 'coz you don't have an address for sending the aid package. Any idea? :?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 11, 2009
And what would you put in this 'Aid package'!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
I don't know. Ask DK. He was going to partisipate in charity...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:And what would you put in this 'Aid package'!

For you sweetie:

A nail file (to sharpen your claws)
Plasters (so you can get plastered any time you like)
A needle and thread (for stitching up trolls)
A saw (for cutting people down to size)

and an RTA vibrating thingy to chill you out in the dark!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 11, 2009
this so funny you guys are going nuts , in one thread you ignore him and here you wana start another conflict ahhhhh when will it end ......LOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 11, 2009
uaekid wrote:this so funny you guys are going nuts , in one thread you ignore him and here you wana start another conflict ahhhhh when will it end ......LOL

Just trying to put some perspective on it and let people realise that all the rubbish a particular person spouts is hypocritical invective from a backward mind in a backward society and therefore inadmissable in any sensible or logical discussion about the UAE.

We choose to ignore from now on.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 11, 2009
Somethings are just not logical Mr Spock!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
But some scientists there teached a local monkey how to use a computer and internet.....he´s now member in a forum LOL

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 11, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:But some scientists there teached a local monkey how to use a computer and internet.....he´s now member in a forum LOL

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

erm that would be 'taught' hun. 'taught a local monkey'.

Monkeys are damn intelligent creatures you know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
DK darling, please don't feed the troll :) He's beyond hope, at least where we are concerned. He needs a wise and moderate Imam to show him how poisoned with hate his mind has become.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 11, 2009
Sorry for my bad english, i´m just a stupid western uneducated german engineer..LOL
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 11, 2009
And of course we all know that Germans have no sense of humour what so ever :lol:

Your avatar cracks me up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
no, we don´t!!!
we deported a funny native to GB, he is now wellknow as Mr. Bean

DO YOU AGREE WITH MY PIC NOW????
(choco, i´m your slave....pls punish me again) :geek: :santa:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 11, 2009
Is that like a sort of Blue Elmo? weird. Ahhhh I love Germany, it rocks.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2009
i think it´s from the Muppets show, but it seems it has no gender (':dontknow:')
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 11, 2009
You like Germany ? Have you been there?
in fact, if you want some snow and low temperatures you are kindly invited.
(minus 12 celcius at the moment)
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 12, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:You like Germany ? Have you been there?
in fact, if you want some snow and low temperatures you are kindly invited.
(minus 12 celcius at the moment)

Nah! You can keep the cold!

I would have a nice skiing lodge though, with a roaring fire, some gluwein, a large slice of sacher tort and a couple of those girls I saw on channel 33!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 12, 2009
I´ll bring you some Glühwein, maybe add. some Jagertee, Sachertorte you can order online but i can´t see the girls on channel 33, unfortunatly
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 12, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Is that like a sort of Blue Elmo? weird. Ahhhh I love Germany, it rocks.

Its a male and his name is Cookiemonster :wink:

Have the Elmo variant here at home. It rolls over, laughs and stands up again. Good fun if you have a doggie in the house.
RobbyG

Jan 13, 2009
I dont get it, we have one troll claiming to be Bangladeshi, so that leads to Bangladesh as a country being bashed?

MB doesnt show any affinity to Bangladesh, nor does he post news related to my country, so why do we have to use his posts as a chance to criticize Bangladesh ?
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 13, 2009
uaekid wrote:this so funny you guys are going nuts , in one thread you ignore him and here you wana start another conflict ahhhhh when will it end ......LOL

the exact thought i had.
BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont get it, we have one troll claiming to be Bangladeshi, so that leads to Bangladesh as a country being bashed?

MB doesnt show any affinity to Bangladesh, nor does he post news related to my country, so why do we have to use his posts as a chance to criticize Bangladesh ?

ritht. the posts about bangladesh here are very poor and baseless. it'll only help boosting mb.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I dont get it, we have one troll claiming to be Bangladeshi, so that leads to Bangladesh as a country being bashed?

I would recommend to not take it personal.
If you do take it personal, you should start some constructive talk with your fellow countrymen (as he claims to be from Bangladesh) and bring him to reason or even justice :twisted:

He is a disgrace for his people and because of his nasty attitude against every other country in the West, we bash his surroundings.
People tend to generalize to make a statement. That is what happened here. Sorry if I offended your (beautiful?) country.

Target the MB disgrace and the issue is solved. :!:
RobbyG

Jan 13, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I would recommend to not take it personal.
If you do take it personal, you should start some constructive talk with your fellow countrymen (as he claims to be from Bangladesh) and bring him to reason or even justice :twisted:

He is a disgrace for his people and because of his nasty attitude against every other country in the West, we bash his surroundings.
People tend to generalize to make a statement. That is what happened here. Sorry if I offended your (beautiful?) country.

Target the MB disgrace and the issue is solved. :!:

that's again a poor statement. u r saying that if a troll comes from netherlands, he is bringing disgrace to you and we can bash your surroundings. anyone can easily give a search in net and find a troll from your country. i see that u certainly are taking mb's posts personal.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 13, 2009
It might be a poor statement, I agree. Can't always remain reasonable.

Now, I'm going back to regular talks, if ya don't mind.

Need a hammer to regulate MB? :violent1:
Give me a hint, and I mail you one.
RobbyG

Re: Where the trolls live Jan 15, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Having been accused of not knowing any 'facts', perhaps it would be good for all of us to look at one or two well published and irrefutable facts. Let me see, where shall we start? Oh, lets start with Bangladesh...

In 1947, West Pakistan and East Bengal (both primarily Muslim) separated from India (largely Hindu) and jointly became the new country of Pakistan. East Bengal became East Pakistan in 1955, but the awkward arrangement of a two-part country with its territorial units separated by 1,600 km left the Bengalis marginalized and dissatisfied. East Pakistan seceded from its union with West Pakistan in 1971 and was renamed Bangladesh. A military-backed caretaker regime suspended planned parliamentary elections in January 2007 in an effort to reform the political system and root out corruption; the regime has pledged new democratic elections by the end of 2008. About a third of this extremely poor country floods annually during the monsoon rainy season, hampering economic development.
Nuff said.

Don't feed the troll, send him an aid package.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

TrollS

Even if we believe in immoral Westerners' irrational logic, for argument's sake, there would be one person from Bangladesh who fits this label (according to some mentally challenged Westerners and their minions).

But trollS? nope. Only UK and the West is fit for that description of yours (Where the trolls live).

Now as for facts, you again got it wrong!

What's with your poor education system that I mentioned to brother Humbleman in another thread? Your only source is CIA the same institution that had alleged there were nuclear weapons and Weapons of 'mass destruction' in Iraq?

Are you making fun of poverty in Bangladesh? If so, not only does it tell us how lowly you are, but what sort of degraded, lascivious, lewd, immoral, treacherous upbringing a Westerner mainly from the UK commonly has.

I can show facts that point out that in London, an average automobile moves at 12km/h, the same as 100 years ago! That UK has virtually no economic future as its mainstay 'industries' are finance and any niche sectors of the economy it enjoys a relative advantage in is due to its colonial legacy.

In fact, if not for UK, Bangladesh wouldn't be anywhere near as poor. No need to lecture about the British colonial history I suppose. If the Mughals had wished they could have obliterated every trace of British lineage from the subcontinent but due to humane values they didn't and the British showed their true colours.

Treachery almost defines British character. Whether it was 250 years ago or 5 years ago, british character almost always is the same!

I could point to poverty, crimes, violence, lack of religious rights, invasion of sovereign countries (illegally too) by UK and its master USA, in UK but I am not that low. Now reeling from recession and credit crunch, having many of ur compatriots lose their savings and investments, having no homes to live in, having to live under bridges and having the mainstay of your economy - financial sector - facing turmoil, you may be upset and same might have happened to your thought pattern.

While Bangladesh has poverty, your cut-and-paste 'trick' from CIA is as useful as the English cricket team in winning a world cup (for the uninitiated: England NEVER won a cricket world cup, yet this is what they invented)

While UK is going down, Alhamdulillah Bangladesh has been steadily booming in economic terms. The GDP, exports, remittances, all have seen healthy rises for the last 8 or so years.

Just for this year when your countries are reeling from crisis, Banglades's exports are booming, remittances growing and GDP up by 6.5%.

Just three pictures of Bangladesh (random) for our Emirati brothers.
One of the longest bridges in the world

Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, seen during the day

Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, seen at night.

Brothers, don't let anglo American propaganda sway your minds about your brotherly countries. Bangladesh is not a very advanced country but it is making steady progress and brotherly help, advice, investment, trade and other forms of interaction is a prerequisite for making our bonds stronger.

NB. Threadstarter, you should learn that your source CIA doesn't even know that there was no 'West Pakistan' in India. :lol:
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Re: Where the trolls live Jan 15, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Let's start from the Opium Wars. We could learn a lot about the country where most moderators live...

:lol:
Well said brother
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

Jan 15, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:

Just trying to put some perspective on it and let people realise that all the rubbish a particular person spouts is hypocritical invective from a backward mind in a backward society and therefore inadmissable in any sensible or logical discussion about the UAE.

We choose to ignore from now on.

:? :? :?

Knight

That's rich coming from a Briton whose history is widely known as the single most deceptive, treacherous, murderous, and uncivilized in history.

How did you decide that Bangladeshi society was backward? By going to CIA? Yeah, just like you decided Iraq had WMD by going to CIA and your PM (liars, typical of Britons) said Iraq could attack UK within 45 minutes. Remember?

Your source says, in the very beginning, West Pakistan separated from India! How hilarious is that, there was no 'province' of British India called 'West Pakistan'.
muslimbangladeshi
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk