All New Years Celebrations In DXB To Be Cancelled WTF!

Topic locked
Dec 31, 2008
hahahaha.

Seriously. Enter politics!!!!
I would vote for you!

Maybe you could launch your new party in Bradford or Leeds???

IDIOT!

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2008
ok enough

cut the personals and bad language or i will move this thread.

Mod
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2008
Chocoholic the only reason these celebrations were canceled is because we are now in a time of mourning for the Palestinian people. You have to remember that as much as Dubai is liberal and touristic, the UAE still remains a Muslim country, no matter what else is going on! I have seen your other posts and sense a little hate! People like you are certainly not welcome here. I have lived in Canada all my life and have always respected their celebrations, traditions, and inhabitants. We expect the same from you, and all others coming here trying to make a living. You need to get your mind checked and get all your facts straight before posting any other comments made directly at our people and religion!

Shame on you.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 31, 2008
bridge wrote:Chocoholic the only reason these celebrations were canceled is because we are now in a time of mourning for the Palestinian people. You have to remember that as much as Dubai is liberal and touristic, the UAE still remains a Muslim country, no matter what else is going on! I have seen your other posts and sense a little hate! People like you are certainly not welcome here. I have lived in Canada all my life and have always respected their celebrations, traditions, and inhabitants. We expect the same from you, and all others coming here trying to make a living. You need to get your mind checked and get all your facts straight before posting any other comments made directly at our people and religion!

Shame on you.

As a Muslim, will you also allocate some time for the victims of the genocidal Janjaweed? Killing and raping by the thousands...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 31, 2008
bridge wrote:Chocoholic the only reason these celebrations were canceled is because we are now in a time of mourning for the Palestinian people. You have to remember that as much as Dubai is liberal and touristic, the UAE still remains a Muslim country, no matter what else is going on! I have seen your other posts and sense a little hate! People like you are certainly not welcome here. I have lived in Canada all my life and have always respected their celebrations, traditions, and inhabitants. We expect the same from you, and all others coming here trying to make a living. You need to get your mind checked and get all your facts straight before posting any other comments made directly at our people and religion!

Shame on you.

Dubai did not have any "mourning for the Kuwaities when saddam marched in". The rest of the Arab world didn't have any mourning when Iran and Iraq were kicking the crap out of each other. None of the Arab world had any mourning for all the Muslims that sadly died in 9/11 that was carried out by other Muslims.

So what's different about the Palastinians ? apart from the fact its currently trendy for all the Arab nations to pretend to be united.

Ohhh and Dubai is a muslim country, you are correct and sorry we forgot this. Its just that the legalised drinking of Alcohol, Prostitution and acceptance of western infidels and their lack of morals made us all forget. Sorry.

:roll:

PS If the Gaza strip is so important to the Arabs/Palastinians, then why did Egypt refuse it when offered it by the Isrealis in 1978 as part of the Camp David Agreement. The reason Egypt refused it was because they didnt want to govern it. It didnt occur to them to accept it on behalf of the Palastinians. but they accepted the Sinai peninsula, but no one was interested in this area apart from the Egyptians. United Arab nations indeed

:roll:
arniegang

Dec 31, 2008
arniegang wrote:So what's different about the Palastinians ?

What do you think? Arabs killing Arabs or Muslims killing Muslims doesn´t matter...but when a Jew kills an Arab, the worth of that life all of a sudden increases...
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 31, 2008
bridge wrote: the only reason these celebrations were canceled is because we are now in a time of mourning for the Palestinian people.

If you want to mourn, go to the cemetery and cry till morning...
The celebrations were not cancelled..parties have just started..
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! CHEERS!!
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 31, 2008
arniegang wrote:What do you think? Arabs killing Arabs or Muslims killing Muslims doesn´t matter...but when a Jew kills an Arab, the worth of that life all of a sudden increases...

I have seen an Arabian map and I was suprised that there was no "ISRAEL" in the map! They hate the Jews so much..
Islam is supposed to be about PEACE not HATE.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 31, 2008
ArchitectRoel wrote:
arniegang wrote:What do you think? Arabs killing Arabs or Muslims killing Muslims doesn´t matter...but when a Jew kills an Arab, the worth of that life all of a sudden increases...

I have seen an Arabian map and I was suprised that there was no "ISRAEL" in the map! They hate the Jews so much..
Islam is supposed to be about PEACE not HATE.

Is this sarcasm or are u serious? If Islam is peaceful then Buddhism is the most violent philosophy/religion ever on earth. :roll:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 31, 2008
Incredible hate. I will not bother replying back to these messages. I am officially closing my account on this new year's day. May God help all of you and your spiteful souls.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 31, 2008
bridge wrote:Incredible hate. I will not bother replying back to these messages. I am officially closing my account on this new year's day. May God help all of you and your spiteful souls.

Not hate far from it, just an alternative viewpoint that coinsidentally does not agree with yours.

We don't need Gods help, i am sure we would all prefer to ask God to help all those involved in the current conflict, both Jewish and Palastinian. Maybe you should do the same Bridge.

Goodbye
arniegang

Dec 31, 2008
What's happening in Palestine is horrible, but Dubai cancelling New Year's celebrations to mourn what is happening is just a political move. No physical action taken to help Palestinians, just cancelling public partying. Wow, I'm sure that Palestinians appreciate Dubai's efforts. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 01, 2009
puppypup wrote:Is this sarcasm or are u serious? If Islam is peaceful then Buddhism is the most violent philosophy/religion ever on earth. :roll:
its true dude,i even show it to my muslim friend and he said wallah evrybody hates israel ..haha who loves israel?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 01, 2009
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 01, 2009
"Incredible hate. I will not bother replying back to these messages. I am officially closing my account on this new year's day. May God help all of you and your spiteful souls. "

Thanks for coming "BRO"

You are fairly representative........ Run away when confronted with an opposing opinion. Goodbye and good luck.

You will never progress until you can see the other sides point of view.

Cheers....SMOGmonster.....
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 01, 2009
So Dubai Rose, the decision came from the Sheikh, but all of the people of Dubai wished not to party for the New Year? If the government fireworks arrangements were to be cancelled, fine, but to force private establishments to have to cancel altogether, or cancel the live or recorded music etc. so that there isn't really a party is just ridiculous. If citizens want to mourn instead of party, they will cancel their own plans.

If you find this issue important enough, then I hope you will not celebrate any other New Year, because somewhere in the world there are always atrocities going on, and you should be mourning not celebrating. Why should we celebrate and enjoy our lives at all, because somewhere other people are in pain. It would be shameful of us, wouldn't it?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jan 01, 2009
It's not even worth talking to these people, because they don't understand that the potential loses for Dubai last night could have been horrendous. When we've all gone and there's no more cash, no more flash cars and gadgets etc and they're back riding camels in the desert and the Dubai skyline and cumbled into nothingness, only then will they get it.

Thankfully, most celebrations went ahead last night - the music was even banging!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 01, 2009
And for those that think I know nothing, I can tell you I know more about what's happening in your own country than most of you! I have lived in the ME nearly half my life. Christ most of you would survive in Saudi! Strangely I rather like the place!

Oh and for the stupid comment about what would happen if someone voiced an opinion in my country, yeah you'd be allowed to get on with it, we'd give you a house, cash and free health cover, because in my country people like you get more rights than I do! Funny that! And you wonder why people have a thing against you?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 01, 2009
pathetic
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2009
Newsflash: we can do just fine without you.

You know it really is true when they say only the western scumbags come here, those that were rejected back home. The last few posts have just proved that. I know for a fact that not all of you are like this, only a small few.

The problem is partly ours as well, as we have made you guys feel like you are actually worth something here. I work among you, and I have seen Indians who work twice as hard as you, and are 10 times smarter.

Your ignorance is truly bind boggling.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 01, 2009
To Chocoholic:
I don't know you, you don't know me, but take it easy , and don't think you know the world from your Internet connection even if its a 8 MB bandwidth, the world is quite bigger than an internet cable.
M.
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
Not posted for a while now but had too after reading this. Without all the expats, clever or not, Dubai fails; ratio roughly 80% expats 20% nationals (may be out of date now, few cars left at Airport I heard!)
Allare more than welcome in my home country, we accept all and their opinions generally and openly and do not enforce dictorial rules on a whim.
Dubai for me = tourism and a transient place to work, lets see how many tourists return next year for the festivities after being left dissapointed and if Bridge etc attitude prevails, lets see how many will stay after VAT, Income taxes et all are introduced as well. I'll retrench, sooner rather than later, as will others I think - wisen up Dubai, nice place but the arrogance amongst some here is really spoiling it!
Scotsman

Jan 01, 2009
This thread is turning to be so useless now!!!!

I have two points to comment on this thread

first, The decision made about closing down the NYE parties is indeed is a disaster decision to all businesses and those who are into hospitality and travel know exactly what are the consequences... so many tourist groups came to dubai for this only 2 days NYE celebrations and the fact that those tourists arrived to Dubai finding that everything was canceled was a complete disaster... thankfully not all the events got canceled however many of the outdoors and the big concerts did indeed get canceled. I agree with Chocos and others this decision was not right.

Second, this is to Chocos; I need to comment on the way you started this thread using words like WTF and stupid etc etc.. while I know you meant to attack the decision to close down NYE parties from a Business perspective many others took it the other way around like you seem not caring about the moral value of the decision... which as a result this thread turned out to be a political fight club against you instead we all discuss other alternatives to spend this year.

I personally do support the moral decision to mourn for the Palestinians with a decision to cancel the fireworks and to take it easy with outdoor public celebrations would have been appreciated..

I don't believe that I have to close myself in a room and cry for the other disasters on earth. I personally gone out to party with friends we had a good time and we are SILL supporting and ready to support the Palestinians in anyway that we could.

A message to the other angry users to please stop taking things too personal and throw attacks in public.

respect to all

my two fills
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Jan 01, 2009
bridge wrote:Newsflash: we can do just fine without you.
You know it really is true when they say only the western scumbags come here, those that were rejected back home. The last few posts have just proved that. I know for a fact that not all of you are like this, only a small few.
The problem is partly ours as well, as we have made you guys feel like you are actually worth something here. I work among you, and I have seen Indians who work twice as hard as you, and are 10 times smarter.
Your ignorance is truly bind boggling.

If the western people didn't came here,I doubt if there were nice towers in Dubai...
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 01, 2009
quatroporte wrote:This thread is turning to be so useless now!!!!

I have two points to comment on this thread

first, The decision made about closing down the NYE parties is indeed is a disaster decision to all businesses and those who are into hospitality and travel know exactly what are the consequences... so many tourist groups came to dubai for this only 2 days NYE celebrations and the fact that those tourists arrived to Dubai finding that everything was canceled was a complete disaster... thankfully not all the events got canceled however many of the outdoors and the big concerts did indeed get canceled. I agree with Chocos and others this decision was not right.

Second, this is to Chocos; I need to comment on the way you started this thread using words like WTF and stupid etc etc.. while I know you meant to attack the decision to close down NYE parties from a Business perspective many others took it the other way around like you seem not caring about the moral value of the decision... which as a result this thread turned out to be a political fight club against you instead we all discuss other alternatives to spend this year.

I personally do support the moral decision to mourn for the Palestinians with a decision to cancel the fireworks and to take it easy with outdoor public celebrations would have been appreciated..

I don't believe that I have to close myself in a room and cry for the other disasters on earth. I personally gone out to party with friends we had a good time and we are SILL supporting and ready to support the Palestinians in anyway that we could.

A message to the other angry users to please stop taking things too personal and throw attacks in public.

respect to all

my two fills

Your 2 Fils are greatly appreciated Q and on that note thread locked.
arniegang

Jan 02, 2009
wow. i never expected shaikh mohammed to do this. but honestly i support his decision and show the other muslim leaders what a good example he is.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat