Whats Happend With YouTube?

Topic locked
Whats Happend with YouTube? Dec 28, 2008
Youtube is not working with me..i cant open it from past couple of days...and surprisingly it opens with using proxy....
Do u have the same problem? It seems Etisalat is going to block the site....soon :?

ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2008
same here too...

also using the proxy just to watch some vids from youtube...
xymo
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 28, 2008
its working perfectly from my end!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2008
not only youtube........ many other sites which were working before cable cut-off are not working now.

i think etisalat is blocking them for equal distribution of bandwidth to everyone with their alternative plan, which may not be as good as the normal one.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 28, 2008
gafoorgk wrote:not only youtube........ many other sites which were working before cable cut-off are not working now.

i think etisalat is blocking them for equal distribution of bandwidth to everyone with their alternative plan, which may not be as good as the normal one.

probably you are correct... it makes sense to block youtube for sometime to release some bandwidth... as its the second most popular site in UAE... and each clip on you tube may consume between 5MB upto 30MB of bandwidth
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
gafoorgk wrote:not only youtube........ many other sites which were working before cable cut-off are not working now.

probably you are correct... it makes sense to block youtube for sometime to release some bandwidth... as its the second most popular site in UAE... and each clip on you tube may consume between 5MB upto 30MB of bandwidth

I hope its temporary and they are not going to block it on permanent basis....
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 28, 2008
It's working fine with me. Apart from content that require age verification. Maybe it's a temporary thing and it's over now...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 28, 2008
bedro wrote:It's working fine with me. Apart from content that require age verification. Maybe it's a temporary thing and it's over now...

it is of course temporary. it's not blocked in all areas and also if u r behind a network perimeter, sometimes connection goes through depending on how your network sends the data out.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2008
xymo wrote:same here too...
also using the proxy just to watch some vids from youtube...

Can you teach me how to use proxy?
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 29, 2008
I think its the problem with the cables in the sea. My company's intranet site is still not working. It works with the proxy though.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 29, 2008
are they banned the youtube :shock:

since 4 days now i cannot open it :(
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 29, 2008
When you call up Etisalat 101 they have a recorded message saying that they are having trouble with the lines and some services may be unavailable, so it's not a ban.

Incidentally, I'm trying to log on to Etisalat Online Services and I can't log in. I'm trying to pay my internet bill. What other ways are there to pay it? Can you do it on the phone?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:When you call up Etisalat 101 they have a recorded message saying that they are having trouble with the lines and some services may be unavailable, so it's not a ban.

Incidentally, I'm trying to log on to Etisalat Online Services and I can't log in. I'm trying to pay my internet bill. What other ways are there to pay it? Can you do it on the phone?

you can go to nearby etisalat offices or etisalat machines at some malls..,
call them and find out!!

:D
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
and the issue with youtube is because of the cablecut!!!

I have to downlad some videos!!!!!

c'mon etisalat fast!!!!!

:evil:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 29, 2008
well...using proxy as alternate..... 8)
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2008
Youtube is not banned. Like in our company I can open the site there (might be because they have different plan) unlike in my flat 2mb IConnection can't seem to access the site...
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 05, 2009
well.. youtube is still not working, as well as downloads (peer to peer).
I assume it's all part of the same issue...
MCS55
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 05, 2009
Youtube is still not working because of the severed cable issue. However if you have one of those nifty software programs that lets you by-pass UAE connections and connect to the US, it's working fine. Was watching stuff last night.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 05, 2009
Double post - sooooorry!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 05, 2009
Miss_lolly wrote:since 4 days now i cannot open it :(

Ah... I thought it was just me...
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 06, 2009
youtube issue solved!!!!

start streaming and downloading the videos!!!!!

:D
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat