More Bad Driving

Topic locked
More bad driving Dec 18, 2008
I nearly had an accident today on SZR just by Defence Roundabout.
:evil:
Not my fault but another example of aggressive stupid driving by others who believe that undertaking and jumping back into the fast lane within a whisker's breadth of the car behind is a really sensible idea.

I was in the fast lane, BMW X5 way behind me for some time, then pulled into the next lane beside me, attempted to get back into the fast lane in front of me but misjudged, no gap between me, and the 4x4 that was in front of him, and he smashed right into the 4x4. I swerved to avoid the accident and nearly scraped the side of my car down the red and white temporary concrete barriers.

If he'd smashed my car I've have been tempted to smash his face.

Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: More bad driving Dec 18, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:I nearly had an accident today on SZR just by Defence Roundabout.
:evil:
Not my fault but another example of aggressive stupid driving by others who believe that undertaking and jumping back into the fast lane within a whisker's breadth of the car behind is a really sensible idea.

I was in the fast lane, BMW X5 way behind me for some time, then pulled into the next lane beside me, attempted to get back into the fast lane in front of me but misjudged, no gap between me, and the 4x4 that was in front of him, and he smashed right into the 4x4. I swerved to avoid the accident and nearly scraped the side of my car down the red and white temporary concrete barriers.

If he'd smashed my car I've have been tempted to smash his face.

don t know why pple like them got the driving licence :twisted:
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2008
dude, be careful use hazard lights and brakes.... check the blindspots and read side mirrors.., swerving is again a trouble....keep your car in control...

I guess...you are used to driving..so you know it all.....

take care...hahahahaaaaa

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Yeah, thanks Sharfraz (you sound like my Dad!).

Swerving to avoid being part of a bigger accident was the natural response, and yes brakes, mirrors were used, and my car was in control.

Not hazard lights though, I only ever use them in fog, when it rains, when I am going at speed, and for any other reason that they are not designed for. Snigger! :wink:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
fog and hazard lights...bad combination dude....

fog lamps are there for....

with hazard lights it seems everywhere there is a car around you in the fog..

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:Yeah, thanks Sharfraz (you sound like my Dad!).

Swerving to avoid being part of a bigger accident was the natural response, and yes brakes, mirrors were used, and my car was in control.

Not hazard lights though, I only ever use them in fog, when it rains, when I am going at speed, and for any other reason that they are not designed for. Snigger! :wink:

I hate those people with hazard lights. They are supposed to be for emergencies and to get help.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2008
Sharfraz calm, calm, I was JOKING! Duh!
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
K-Dog wrote:
I hate those people with hazard lights. They are supposed to be for emergencies and to get help.

Just as bad as the cars with indicators/hazards that are red, the same colour as the break/back lights. Great design
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:Just as bad as the cars with indicators/hazards that are red, the same colour as the break/back lights. Great design

I hate cars with that. When you are in stop-start traffic and the brake lights are coming on and off you can't tell immediately if someone is indicating. Why in the world a car company would go and change a perfectly good system like yellow indicators is beyond me.

Is it an American thing? I noticed it more while I was there, or is it just some certain brands?
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
Just certain brands Captain. Nothing American about them. However, we do call them turn signals instead of indicators :)
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 18, 2008
I used to have a list of plate numbers plus car description that I always keep on my bag. This is a list of reckless cars that I saw everyday. Don't y'all think its nice? Then post it here everytime we encounter them?
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 18, 2008
K-Dog wrote:Just certain brands Captain. Nothing American about them. However, we do call them turn signals instead of indicators :)

what they call in dubai...?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2008
fog lights

Talking of which, when I first moved to Dubai I rented a Mitsubishi Lancer - no fog lights at all.
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 18, 2008
speaking of mitsubishi..,

the evolution really kicks off...

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Re: More bad driving Dec 24, 2008
i had someone in a hummer try to run me off the road last night (i was in a nissan tida) just because i beeped my horn at him for cutting me off. he slowed, came around the side and then side swiped me forcing me into the barriers, laughing at me as he did it.... i tried to follow him but he sped off. i would have gladly faced deportation just to have the pleasure of kicking his teeth down his throat, the smarmy little arab c*nt
james c
Dubai Forum User

Dec 24, 2008
No one seems to get that lane changing, for the sake of being 1 car further up the queue, creates the traffic delays and hold ups! Doing it at high speed where there is only just enough space for the car to fit, is an accident waiting to happen!

I watched a lunatic in a Toyota Yaris weaving through the moving traffic near MoE the other day, going almost twice the speed of the other vehicles on the road and just jumping from lane to lane where he could get a space! Sometimes he was just inches from the front or rear of the cars around him...he may have thought he was clever and the best driver in the universe...but I have his number and its now with the Traffic police, so he may get a rude awakening on christmas day!!!

Merry Christmas...A**hole!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 24, 2008
I certainly sometimes dont understand why some speed in the parking lots?

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 25, 2008
speaking of bad and idiotic driving, i would say arabs are the worst drivers in roads. they lack respect and discipline in the roads, which weighs down their good skill in driving. any skill without discipline and respect will make it worst and will make one with the skill look like an idiot. 10 yrs. of experience in uae roads made me fix the ratio of arabs and other nationalities bad/idiotic driving as 5:1.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat