And Last Road Rant For The Day...the Inconsiderate Parkers!

Topic locked
And last road rant for the day...the inconsiderate parkers! Dec 16, 2008
To top off a day of frustrated driving in Dubai, I went back to my car after leaving the office, which is parked in an alley at the back of the building. The residents of the surrounding villas and everyone else who uses this dead end alley always park down one side, allowing access for all.

What do I find? A black VXR Landcruiser parked right in the entrance completely blocking the way! There are several people trying to get their cars out, but its hopeless. No hesitation, I dial 999 and get put through to Traffic dept. on 04 609 5555 (keep that number handy folks!) who call the registered owner.

We wait 45 minutes and after repeated calls, the owner (no racist comment intended here) a VERY arrogant Indian lady who had been in the hair salon opposite and would not come out to move it despite 4 calls from the police "because her nails were not dry!"

Myself and the other drivers asked her what posessed her to park so irresponsibly when she could clearly see this was an access way. She just shrugged and said, "When there are no traffic wardens around, I can park where I like!" She was informed that next time her precious Toyota would be towed into the middle of the highway and all its tyres let down!

Ha! I hope she trips over a paving slab and falls into a pile of dog do!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 16, 2008
I also don’t mean to be racist but yes that lady and her country of origin are not the most civic minded of people or places.

Interesting correlation expats posted to Mumbai by a certain MNC are not allowed to drive in Mumbai because of the stress factor! Chauffeurs are a must!
godsent
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 16, 2008
You should have b*tch slapped her.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: And last road rant for the day...the inconsiderate parke Dec 16, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote: She was informed that next time her precious Toyota would be towed into the middle of the highway and all its tyres let down!

Thankfully she was a lady, coz if it was a guy he could have lost few teeth from his mouth. broke his wind sheild and flat out his tyres
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
is there anyother word more apoligising than sorry?

actually, my mate's car was double parked with hazard lights on,at the entrance of the apartment, and I was talking with some of my other mates while he was inside to meet someone, and then a car came behind and honked, I went to pull out but, they were honking a lot..frustrating me...I was about to, but my mate heard that honk and came down and he pulled away, but the lady came and arguing with me that she was blocking the whole road(inside the street) just because of me not allowing her to go inside. I said sorry but she could have moved her car to the side and given the way till we pull out. and she said this was not the way and I should be more apologising. eh?????

:? :? :?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
The point is, and here's the difference between some people and others, it wouldn't even enter my head to block an access or double park behind cars, because I know it's wrong and have consideration for other people.

Others just don't give a damn.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:is there anyother word more apoligising than sorry?

actually, my mate's car was double parked with hazard lights on,at the entrance of the apartment, and I was talking with some of my other mates while he was inside to meet someone, and then a car came behind and honked, I went to pull out but, they were honking a lot..frustrating me...I was about to, but my mate heard that honk and came down and he pulled away, but the lady came and arguing with me that she was blocking the whole road(inside the street) just because of me not allowing her to go inside. I said sorry but she could have moved her car to the side and given the way till we pull out. and she said this was not the way and I should be more apologising. eh?????

It could be a cultural difference but the word "mate" and multiple "mates" in the above post sounds really gay and creepy. To me a mate is who I'm mating with (my wife).
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2008
K-Dog wrote:

It could be a cultural difference but the word "mate" and multiple "mates" in the above post sounds really gay and creepy. To me a mate is who I'm mating with (my wife).

that's because you are a yankee...

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:The point is, and here's the difference between some people and others, it wouldn't even enter my head to block an access or double park behind cars, because I know it's wrong and have consideration for other people.

Others just don't give a damn.

but that sorry was a word of apology.

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
Unfortunatelt in that situation, sorry is too late, as you shouldn't have done it in the first place. There's such a thing as foresight and being aware of things around you, which some people here severely lack.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 16, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Unfortunatelt in that situation, sorry is too late, as you shouldn't have done it in the first place. There's such a thing as foresight and being aware of things around you, which some people here severely lack.

in the first place..,thats right, wat we did was actually wrong..

but we were near the car and ready to pull out and also pulled out in time...

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dubai Knight wrote:To top off a day of frustrated driving in Dubai, I went back to my car after leaving the office, which is parked in an alley at the back of the building. The residents of the surrounding villas and everyone else who uses this dead end alley always park down one side, allowing access for all.

What do I find? A black VXR Landcruiser parked right in the entrance completely blocking the way! There are several people trying to get their cars out, but its hopeless. No hesitation, I dial 999 and get put through to Traffic dept. on 04 609 5555 (keep that number handy folks!) who call the registered owner.

We wait 45 minutes and after repeated calls, the owner (no racist comment intended here) a VERY arrogant Indian lady who had been in the hair salon opposite and would not come out to move it despite 4 calls from the police "because her nails were not dry!"

Myself and the other drivers asked her what posessed her to park so irresponsibly when she could clearly see this was an access way. She just shrugged and said, "When there are no traffic wardens around, I can park where I like!" She was informed that next time her precious Toyota would be towed into the middle of the highway and all its tyres let down!

Knight

Indian WOMEN and Paki WOMEN think they are bloody Local and they own the road. bloody cheek to say i can park where i like. like ur dad made this city. bloody woman.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 16, 2008
so true rudeboy so true
SpaZy
Dubai Forum User

Dec 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

that's because you are a yankee...

8)

Using 'mate' between blokes is perfectly acceptable in most places. Example: "My bloke is going out for a few beers with his mates tonight".

I think it is creepy that you are 'mating' with your wife! Isn't that something animals do?

How about 'making leurrrrrve' ? :oops:
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 16, 2008
wtf is a bloke? I'm learning a queer phrase every day :) lol
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2008
K-Dog wrote:wtf is a bloke? I'm learning a queer phrase every day :) lol

you are a dude not a bloke...

hahahahahaahhaaaaaaa

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:

you are a dude not a bloke...

hahahahahaahhaaaaaaa

You got that right
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2008
are english not there in the states?

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:are english not there in the states?

Never heard of a bloke though. I busted out laughing. I did have a friend from London back home but really thats why I like Dubai. You meet people from all over the world on a daily basis. The only time I used the word mate was for class mates.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2008

You have to adopt any UK accent to make it sound plausable.

Guy Ritchie, Ray Winstone, George Clooney = blokes

Brad Pitt, Leo Di Caprio = dudes (or blokes if you're British I suppose)

Jumeirah love man Vince = Moron

Sorry about the poor examples, I'm tired.

I'm sure Chocoholic knows what I mean tho.
:D
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 16, 2008
Wednesday Jones wrote:

You have to adopt any UK accent to make it sound plausable.

Guy Ritchie, Ray Winstone, George Clooney = blokes

Brad Pitt, Leo Di Caprio = dudes (or blokes if you're British I suppose)

Jumeirah love man Vince = Moron

Sorry about the poor examples, I'm tired.

I'm sure Chocoholic knows what I mean tho.
:D

about the difference between bloke and dude, no offence Chocoholic!!
Wednesday Jones
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 16, 2008
I'm totally with you on Moron. Party on Vince :)
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2008
K-Dog wrote:I'm totally with you on Moron. Party on Vince :)

be proud and say it like 'hulk hogan' the wrestling champion..,

'I'm a lovely lovely american'

8) 8) 8)
8) 8) 8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
oops...that was supposed to be 'I'm a real american'

out of wrestling for a very longtime though....

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2008
Bloke is just another term for a 'man'. You could also use Geezer as in a dodgy geezer.

Dude, is more for cool guys.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dubai Knight wrote:To top off a day of frustrated driving in Dubai, I went back to my car after leaving the office, which is parked in an alley at the back of the building. The residents of the surrounding villas and everyone else who uses this dead end alley always park down one side, allowing access for all.

Knight

Give an indian a bit of status and money and watch that chip on their shoulder grow tenfold. they are pig ignorant.

simple solution to your problem. key the side of her precious 4 wheel drive, and get a cab home. you'll be out of pocket the cab fair but i gaurantee she wont park like that again
james c
Dubai Forum User

Dec 16, 2008
What a great opportunity to slap someone hundred times over.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Re: And last road rant for the day...the inconsiderate parke Dec 17, 2008
james c wrote:Give an indian a bit of status and money and watch that chip on their shoulder grow tenfold. they are pig ignorant.

The same could be said for all of the CHAVs living in Dubai.

Or even worse, The Paki CHAVs.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 17, 2008
Lets get off the racist slant folks. Maybe I should have left the offending lady's ethnicity out of the story. Being a forgiving soul, I can let most things slide.

However she was a very irritating b.i.t.c.h!!!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 17, 2008
You should've.
I could easily imagine on this place a young blond princess with poor background suddenly get riched due to lucky marriage or sponsorship.

A guy in the other tread tell about Russian beauty with bad English. I just wonder how she would behave if somebody bought her the first BMW.... 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat