True Islamic Philosophy Of Animal Sacrifice

Topic locked
True Islamic philosophy of animal sacrifice Dec 07, 2008
Holy prophet Hazrat Ibrahim was continuously observing dreams of sacrificing his son. Finally, he considered it God order and decided to sacrifice his son Hazrat Ismail. By the benevolence of God his son is replaced by sheep when the prophet was about to sacrifice his son. Even in this modern age this sacrifice has great meaning since Islam orders to distribute meat in poor relatives and poor families along with other relatives and neighbors. In this age meat has become costly and poor people get abundance of meat at the time of Eid-Azha. So, people are getting benefit of this thousands of years old tradition of animal sacrifice. Unfortunately many people sacrifice animals for demonstration. They store the meat in their refrigerators. Such a sacrifice has no meaning in the eyes of Islam.

jmlthr
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 08, 2008
And unfortunately, many of these poor animals are slaughtered by people who haven't got a clue what they're doing causing pain and suffering - awsome!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 08, 2008
Sacrifice, human or animal, is wrong at a basic level. Live and let live.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 09, 2008
Yeah it all seems a bit daft to me. Esp when I read in the letters in the paper this morning about people treating the animals badly and leaving all the innards in the public bins - this is disgusting! Not to mention a health hazard!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 09, 2008
Isn't meat supposed to be 'Halal' here?
That means killed and prepared in hygenic conditions right?
Doesn't sound kosher to me.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums