Arabic Lessons

Topic locked
Arabic Lessons Dec 06, 2008
Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good (hopefully cheap...hahahhaahha) Arabic course, preferably near DIFC or towards Jebel Ali.

Thank you :)

EhSteve
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Arabic Lessons Dec 06, 2008
EhSteve wrote:Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a good (hopefully cheap...hahahhaahha) Arabic course, preferably near DIFC or towards Jebel Ali.

Thank you :)

There is a very well respected course run at the Trade Centre (very close to DIFC) will try and find contact details. The other options may be in Knowledge Village? Unless you are dealing with exclusively Arabic people, you may find that English will be sufficient.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:There is a very well respected course run at the Trade Centre (very close to DIFC) will try and find contact details. The other options may be in Knowledge Village? Unless you are dealing with exclusively Arabic people, you may find that English will be sufficient.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

I think I'm the only native English speaker in my workplace, and while I can get by with just English I really feel I should make an effort.

Also I want to make the most of my time here, given that I'm practically in an immersed in Arabic for 9 hours a day I think I'm going to feel pretty foolish if I leave here only being able to understand Halas (I don't want to talk about this anymore), Yalla Yalla Yalla (Hurry the **** up), Habibe (Calm down), Shokrun (thanks) and Inshallah (If Allah personally intervenes it will be done).
EhSteve
Dubai Forum Visitor

EhSteve wrote:
Habibe (Calm down)

eh?

maybe you'll understand after the classes.

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

sharfraz wrote:eh?

maybe you'll understand after the classes.

I'm kidding - I know it means "dear", but the only time I ever hear it is when I'm pissed at someone and they're trying to placate.

:wink:
EhSteve
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 06, 2008
Dubai is a second home for many..though they never bother about the
nation's language..

sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 08, 2008
Hey, I too am keen on learning Arabic..Though English is sufficient, I feel ad 'EhSteve' I need to learn Arabic. Looking for good teaching institute in Bur Dubai Area, near Bank street.
wp7200
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat