Most Boring Country

Topic locked
Most boring country Oct 11, 2008
So which is the most boring country you've been to. I'm speaking in terms of living there. Some boring countries are good for visits but you just know you'd die of boredom if you lived there. Only countries or territories...no cities.

I haven't traveled to every country so I know there are more boring ones out there but out of the ones I've been to, I vote

NEW ZEALAND

puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 11, 2008
It depends on how old you are and what you're looking for. It's an unfair question really! I loved New Zealand and plan to go there later this year!
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 12, 2008
It's not an unfair question because it's a personal question with no right or wrong answer. I had a great time there too but I found it boring. The food was great, the landscape spectacular, interesting history, attractive people but only good for a visit IMO.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 13, 2008
i agree that it all depends upon ur age,if u r old u'll like relegious features but if u r young,u''ll find the same features really boring
hamida
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2008
but personally i vote for sri lanka,i hav been there ,i found it so unactive
hamida
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 13, 2008
For me so far that would be QATAR.
God! that place...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 13, 2008
1. Yemen
2. Q8
2. Qatar
3. DXB
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 25, 2008
DXB? You don't like shopping? :shock: :shock: :shock:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 25, 2008
What? :lol:
Overpriced & Outdated stuff which was up to date 1.5 yrs ago in Europe, US etc?
All the rejects which find the way in containers to DXB collected worldwide and shipped to UAE to sell the crap at high prices......

Just have a look in the Brand stores like Timberland, Missimo Dutti, Gant, Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren etc. pp, either you get absurd stuff for ridiculous prices or old crap in elephant+ sizes for the same price which was actual when up to date....

Here in DXB is the only place worldwide where you can find any electronics or fashion which were up to date abt 1.5 for still for the same .....
..... e.g. Blackberry 8100 (even locked from Etislut, NOT a subisdized buy) still 2,000 Dhs get a unlocked one in Europe for not more than 1,175 Dhs unlocked new incl warranty incl latest update etc... could do that endlessly...

Have you ever pulled the socalled superkillersale pricetags off from the items and wondered why this stuff is still more expensive than the equivalent Euro price which is still shown underneath and for items minimum 1.5 yrs old(fashioned) (Massimo Duti, Boss)

All examples above not even considered the new currency rates for the fools which coming now for their winter vacation, but DXB will find their victims.... business as usual :lol:

Come on gimme a break
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 28, 2008
Lichtenstein - no contest
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 30, 2008
M! wrote:What? :lol:
Overpriced & Outdated stuff which was up to date 1.5 yrs ago in Europe, US etc?
All the rejects which find the way in containers to DXB collected worldwide and shipped to UAE to sell the crap at high prices......

Just have a look in the Brand stores like Timberland, Missimo Dutti, Gant, Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren etc. pp, either you get absurd stuff for ridiculous prices or old crap in elephant+ sizes for the same price which was actual when up to date....

Here in DXB is the only place worldwide where you can find any electronics or fashion which were up to date abt 1.5 for still for the same .....
..... e.g. Blackberry 8100 (even locked from Etislut, NOT a subisdized buy) still 2,000 Dhs get a unlocked one in Europe for not more than 1,175 Dhs unlocked new incl warranty incl latest update etc... could do that endlessly...

Have you ever pulled the socalled superkillersale pricetags off from the items and wondered why this stuff is still more expensive than the equivalent Euro price which is still shown underneath and for items minimum 1.5 yrs old(fashioned) (Massimo Duti, Boss)

All examples above not even considered the new currency rates for the fools which coming now for their winter vacation, but DXB will find their victims.... business as usual :lol:

Come on gimme a break

wow ok
sarah343
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 04, 2008
India is one of the boring country of the world
charles.steve
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 04, 2008
yes, New Zealand is a little 'slow', but Switzerland takes the award. The country that has contributed nothing to the global gene pool apart from the penknife and the cuckoo clock. They are all banking gnomes!

Its the only country I know where they have a machine that drives down the road burning the top surface of the tarmac because it makes it look neater!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 05, 2008
Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Iran
dubaihotels
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2008
GCC IS BORING
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 24, 2008
I haven't gone to other places but i find DXB a boring place...maybe because of it's culture.
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 10, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:yes, New Zealand is a little 'slow', but Switzerland takes the award. The country that has contributed nothing to the global gene pool apart from the penknife and the cuckoo clock. They are all banking gnomes!

Its the only country I know where they have a machine that drives down the road burning the top surface of the tarmac because it makes it look neater!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Isn't it lovely, when there is nothing else to worry about!
Just throw a check and enjoy the powder on the mountain slopes. No worry, be happy. Túúútu tutitu tatatitutitu... 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 20, 2009
dubaihotels wrote:Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Iran

Boring?
hahaha
cm on
They r providing the adventure of a life time.....can u dare to travel and live in a war zone area.....kidding. :wink:

Any how u have to get to know the culture first... of any place u wanna visit...coz then u shud get the idea tht wht r u lookin for...

Plan it prior to ur visit and have sm one great with u to accompany then...u wont find any place boring.
daisy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 12, 2009
England
denicka
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 17, 2009
Are there countries really boring?

Don't think so.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
Belgium takes the cake. The people and the place ridiculously boring. They actually have a game where people just sit around and look at the ground. It something of a national pastime.

The only thing good bout Belgium is it's proximity to Netherlands.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:They actually have a game where people just sit around and look at the ground.

Actually watching ants move isn't a boring game at all.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:They actually have a game where people just sit around and look at the ground.

Actually watching ants move isn't a boring game at all.

Well pointed. Infact I think everyone should be initiated into the habit of ant watching. It's good practice for those getting married. Because ant watching is a lot like married life, boring and nothing eventful ever happens! :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote: boring and nothing eventful ever happens :lol:

Not when you drown them with your saliva :lol:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote: boring and nothing eventful ever happens :lol:

Not when you drown them with your saliva :lol:

No even better is to put them under a magnifying glass in the hot midday sun :lol: :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:No even better is to put them under a magnifying glass in the hot midday sun :lol: :lol:

You cruel kid. That's wrong wrong wrong!
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:No even better is to put them under a magnifying glass in the hot midday sun :lol: :lol:

You cruel kid. That's wrong wrong wrong!

Bah Save your tears.

Long after the human race is dead and gone those crawly creature will still be making merry.

Besides ants don't feel pain. The structure of their nervous systems and their exo skeletons, entail that they don't feel no pain.
They don't have a central nervous system, insects like ants dont feel pain because ants live to protect the colony not themselves so if they felt pain it wouldn't be beneficial for the colony because they would put themselves over the colony.

Ants have awesome survival instincts like humans, but unlike us I don't think they feel pain, at least not to the extent we do.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:insects like ants dont feel pain because ants live to protect the colony not themselves so if they felt pain it wouldn't be beneficial for the colony because they would put themselves over the colony.

What about the queen ant?
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 17, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:insects like ants dont feel pain because ants live to protect the colony not themselves so if they felt pain it wouldn't be beneficial for the colony because they would put themselves over the colony.

What about the queen ant?

Quoted from Wiki

The anatomy of a queen ant is very similar to other ants of that particular species, however, they noticeably are larger than the rest of the ants in the colony. As with other ants, queens have a hard outer covering called the exoskeleton, and their bodies are divided into three main sections: the head, thorax, and abdomen. They have a pair of jointed antennae that can be extended forward when investigating an object. Unlike other ants, however, young queens have a pair of wings. These are only used for the nuptial flight, and are later detached either by the queen herself or chewed off by her worker ants.

So much for pain!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 17, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:So much for pain!

No pain, no gain :lol:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around