Rule Banning 20-year-old Vehicles Postponed..!!!

Topic locked
Rule banning 20-year-old vehicles postponed..!!! Dec 01, 2008
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 01, 2008
Why cant these guys get the details of a law straight before they announce it? Just a few weeks ago I heard that cars over 10 years old would not be renewed and now they say 15, 20, etc. They should also figure out whether the law is even enforceable before they unleash it on society.

I f*cking hate this country!

Happy natnl day
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 01, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Why cant these guys get the details of a law straight before they announce it? Just a few weeks ago I heard that cars over 10 years old would not be renewed and now they say 15, 20, etc. They should also figure out whether the law is even enforceable before they unleash it on society.

I f*cking hate this country!

Happy natnl day

i will start loving this country once i got my own car... :D

Happy National Day..anyway..
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 01, 2008
Yesterday I red in the same paper that local police stops issuing a driving license for red necks (low class) from today. Many people have just left a driving school. :)

Sush way they strugle against trafic jams. IMHO banning junks is from the same movie.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 03, 2008
I think they only enforce in Sharjah. They have stopped opening files for those without Degrees but those has opened the file before this law announced, they can still proceed to get their license. I think Dubai will not follow as the revenue for the driving license is a lot for them.. They won't give up the money. Hehe.. =)
ivanlim84
Dubai Forum User

Dec 03, 2008
i will be happiest of those people above, ones i find that car i want to buy..
regardless of 10-15-20 year...
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 04, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Why cant these guys get the details of a law straight before they announce it?

I know. Pretty much every major new law/regulation announced over the time that I've been here has been bungled.

Jan 12th - "No painting doors Red"

Feb 5th - "OK, Red is OK, but not Maroon"

March 23rd - "Paint it any colour you want, but no painting on Tuesdays"

April 3rd - "Forget the old rules, new door painting regulations come in 2011".
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2008
The problems come when you consider this is a 'Loose federation of tribal states' (description from the CIA World Book) and each has their own laws. When they attempt to introduce a new national law, each emirate has to decide if they wish to include it. Eventually, if it becomes a Federal Law it applies to all. A law that is only applicable in one emirate cannot be truly enforced.

Remember the initial ban on smoking in malls? The locals ignored it and the security guards could do nothing as it was not backed up by the law. Now it is and the police can issue a fine. It has crucified the coffee shops and restaurants who do not have an outdoor seating area.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 04, 2008
dam that smoking law
arniegang

Dec 04, 2008
thinking about it ...........

DK allows smoking in his office which is in blatant breach of the Law. I would also consider reporting him for lack of Chilled Water Facilities also in breach of Law No 2567987, requiring all offices to have a water cooler that actually has water init.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Dec 04, 2008
arniegang wrote:thinking about it ...........

DK allows smoking in his office which is in blatant breach of the Law. I would also consider reporting him for lack of Chilled Water Facilities also in breach of Law No 2567987, requiring all offices to have a water cooler that actually has water init.

:lol: :lol:

Our water cooler complies with Law No. 2567987 in that the bottle was fully charged, however there is no clause that stipulates that it should be plugged in! My dear co-workers don't like cold water.

I advocate smoking in the work place, however once toured a cigarette factory and the whole place was non smoking!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 04, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:The problems come when you consider this is a 'Loose federation of tribal states' (description from the CIA World Book) and each has their own laws. When they attempt to introduce a new national law, each emirate has to decide if they wish to include it. Eventually, if it becomes a Federal Law it applies to all. A law that is only applicable in one emirate cannot be truly enforced.

Remember the initial ban on smoking in malls? The locals ignored it and the security guards could do nothing as it was not backed up by the law. Now it is and the police can issue a fine. It has crucified the coffee shops and restaurants who do not have an outdoor seating area.

Knight

Wooooow you are so knowledgeable , it is so generous of you not keeping these information for your self dumb as*

(( Shaikh Saif said that the decision was postponed in order to give enough time for people of low income who own such vehicles, to continue using them )

I guess now your small brain can tell you that this postponing has nothing to do with the 'Loose federation of tribal states' bcz he is his brother daaa and they are both from Abu Dhabi dummy !!

Second thing and again your small brain can tell you from reading the quote that they postponed the law bcz of losers like you guys who can not afford to buy a new car !!

Your brain needs a doze of protein LOOOOOOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 05, 2008
uaekid wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:The problems come when you consider this is a 'Loose federation of tribal states' (description from the CIA World Book) and each has their own laws. When they attempt to introduce a new national law, each emirate has to decide if they wish to include it. Eventually, if it becomes a Federal Law it applies to all. A law that is only applicable in one emirate cannot be truly enforced.

Knight

Wooooow you are so knowledgeable , it is so generous of you not keeping these information for your self dumb as*

(( Shaikh Saif said that the decision was postponed in order to give enough time for people of low income who own such vehicles, to continue using them )

I guess now your small brain can tell you that this postponing has nothing to do with the 'Loose federation of tribal states' bcz he is his brother daaa and they are both from Abu Dhabi dummy !!

Second thing and again your small brain can tell you from reading the quote that they postponed the law bcz of losers like you guys who can not afford to buy a new car !!

Your brain needs a doze of protein LOOOOOOOOOL

Well now, young UAEkid, obviously my protein starved miniscule cerebrum must have had a short circuit to my ocular receiving units as the above information is published annually on the global world web thingy and therefore I can hardly be accused of 'keeping it to myself'...

How else would you care to describe the 'union' between the seven Emirates hereby known as the UAE? When Sheikh Zayed proposed the union, back in the days when your father was probably the same age as you are now, each Emirate had to decide if they wished to be a part of it. It was his realisation that, individually, it would be hard for the smaller 'states' to survive as independent nations in the modern world. Traditionally, there had been good relationships between the Al Nayhan family and the surrounding families. You may not like the description, however these were tribally divided and remain so to this day. So let us pander to your sensitivities and call them 'Sheikhdoms' shall we?

Initially only 4 of the 'Sheikhdoms' allied themselves to Abu Dhabi: Dubai, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain and Fujeirah. When the UAE was formed in 1971, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah were not a part of it. Many of the smaller 'Sheikhdoms' at the time felt they had closer affilliations or family connections to Sultan Qaboos of Oman. The Al Qassimi family eventually decided to join the UAE in 1973, however some small Sheikhdoms decided they would still prefer to be allied to Oman. Hence the complex nature of the UAE border with the Mussandam Peninsula being a completely segregated territory, and places like Masafi (which is embedded in Sharjah) remaining Omani. The territorial border between Abu Dhabi and Oman was only agreed and finalised in 2004! Buraimi remains a part of Oman even though it is a suburb of Al Ain. The divisions are based purely upon tribal allegiences.

The legal systems within each 'Sheikhdom' were traditionally via the Rulers Court and the Diwan, however there was an urgent requirement to introduce an international standard. Sheikh Zayed pressed all the allied Emirates to accept a nationwide Federal Legal System and this was agreed by the Ruling Council for matters of international law or laws to benefit the nation as a whole. However...and this is where we are loggerheads...each individual Emirate retained the right to make laws that were specific to their 'Sheikhdom' and this remains to this day.

If you have a legal issue with an individual or a company in Ras Al Khaimah...you cannot take a case against them in Dubai. You must apply for that only in the RAK courts, under RAK law. The RAK judges will make a decision and, if you decide to appeal, the ultimate judgement is decided by the Ruler of RAK. If you still have an issue, the only other place you can go is Abu Dhabi and appeal to Sheikh Khalifa. If it is not a national or federal issue, he is unlikely to intervene and that is the end of it.

So does this sound like a 'United' system? Or is it indicative of a 'Loose federation?'

In summary, let us therefore correct the record regarding the issue of the 20 year car law:

It was proposed to the Ruling Council that cars over 20 years old should be taken off the road as they tended to be non compliant with the new laws being introduced as part of the Kyoto Agreement to reduce the amount of greenhouse gas emissions globally, was only one of the initatives proposed. The UAE did sign up to this by the way. This is not a new action and has been introduced in several countries around the world.

In theory, it does help the environment and boosts the sales of newer, more ecologically friendly cars. However, after making a sweeping announcement, someone tacitly pointed out that 64% of the population of the UAE was unable to buy a new car due to their low income level. The decision to extend was therefore made to allow changes and refinements to the law to be introduced. Yes, it will happen, but not as it has initially been stated in the media.

The law is issued from Abu Dhabi, the other 'Sheikhdoms' can choose to introduce it or not. I suggest to look to buy in UAQ or RAK where older cars are more common and modifications are allowed that are not permitted in any other Emirate.

My brain cell must be tired now...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 05, 2008
@ DK

A good and informative reply.....I would have just told him to grow up and take his head out of his arse :shock:

Scratcher
Scratcher
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 05, 2008
nice one dk

:lol:
arniegang

Dec 05, 2008
Now that is how you deal with 'lol ur ignant' edited. Nice work.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 06, 2008
arniegang wrote:nice one dk

:lol:

Agreed
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 07, 2008
nice DK....

anyway the thread has been hijacked.....as usual.... :D
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 07, 2008
LOOOOOOOOOOL I'm sorry but you guys can not be this stupid LOOOOL
Dk is hinting that the law got postponed probably cuz one other emirate disagreed with it and did not fit it, and I'm saying that this law got issued in AD and got postponed by AD dummies so it has nothing do with DK is applying, he is just as dump as you guys LOOOOOOL
uaekid

Dec 07, 2008
uaekid wrote:LOOOOOOOOOOL I'm sorry but you guys can not be this stupid LOOOOL
Dk is hinting that the law got postponed probably cuz one other emirate disagreed with it and did not fit it, and I'm saying that this law got issued in AD and got postponed by AD dummies so it has nothing do with DK is applying, he is just as dump as you guys LOOOOOOL

Now here, children, we have a classic example of mistaken punctuation and syntax...had UAEKid inserted a comma after the second abbreviated acronym thus: "and got postponed by AD, dummies..." then it may have had a breath of venom, however the singular omission of the said lower parentheses renders the sentence insinuating that the author considers the powers that be in AD actually to be plastic mannekins without thought or sentient knowledge...

Maybe we are all 'dump'?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 08, 2008
Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart LOOOL ok well check your lectures notes next time..

Now let me go enjoy my subway tuna sandwich
uaekid

Dec 08, 2008
uaekid wrote:Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart

You, guys, knew each other? 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 08, 2008
Red Chief wrote:
uaekid wrote:Ohh did I embraces you sweet heart

You, guys, knew each other? 8)

Thankfully not!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 08, 2008

DK,

I don't know why you even bother to respond to the uae kid. He sounds like a spoiled brat and an airhead.

I myself cannot understand most of his posts due to his poor English and limited vocabulary, which he probably picked from listening to Rap music and watching a few movies.

---------

Uae kid,

There is no shame in not knowing how to express yourself well enough in English (we can live with that), but the shame is in being unnecessarily nasty and calling everyone else dummy and stupid.

Grow up kid…and learn how to be respectful of the others, even if you don't agree with them.

8) 8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 09, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:***

DK,

I don't know why you even bother to respond to the uae kid. He sounds like a spoiled brat and an airhead.

I myself cannot understand most of his posts due to his poor English and limited vocabulary, which he probably picked from listening to Rap music and watching a few movies.

---------

Uae kid,

There is no shame in not knowing how to express yourself well enough in English (we can live with that), but the shame is in being unnecessarily nasty and calling everyone else dummy and stupid.

Grow up kid…and learn how to be respectful of the others, even if you don't agree with them.

8) 8) 8)

I know my writings sucks LOOOL but that's not the case now.. and yaa I 'll call you guys dummies bcz you follow others like sheep's with out knowing what in hell is he talking about . you ppl need to read , think then give your replies and stop embarrassing yourselves like Dk did, I mean he took advantage of your poor knowledge in what ever grap he was lecturing you and I corrected him, so I did you guys a favor so you wont say what ever Dk said in front of others and again show how dump you are.. you see where I'm going with this ?

DK
There is no shame in admitting you were wrong or correcting your info, it's better that your last reply. You are just hiding your shame behindit.

See you tomorrow. I got to go have me milk and go to sleep:)
uaekid

Dec 09, 2008
Tom, you are right. No point in responding as apparently I have been 'corrected'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 09, 2008
If they change these laws does it mean you have to take your car off the road if it is x years old (x where that is the number of years they passed the law to)?

In some countries like Canada even if they did something like this, I know we would be grandfathered, meaning the existing older vehicles would be allowed to remain on the road.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
What are the current import laws in Dubai? How old/new can the vehicle be?

That article mentioned different things, but didn't confirm whether the other details mentioned were also cancelled, or are in effect now.

Thanks
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 09, 2008
compevo wrote:What are the current import laws in Dubai? How old/new can the vehicle be?

That article mentioned different things, but didn't confirm whether the other details mentioned were also cancelled, or are in effect now.

Thanks

You cannot import any vehicle into Dubai that is more than 10 years old. This counts if it is coming from Shanghai or Sharjah. If a vehicle is already here, it may be transferred and sold up to 20 years old but only within the Emirate of registration. After that it must either be scrapped or classified as a 'Classic or Chrished vehicle'. To do that it must pass certain criteria by the RTA. As yet these have not been finalised. (by Abu Dhabi by the way!!!)

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 10, 2008
Thanks for this info Dubai Knight. So any vehicle less than 10 years old can be imported?

This makes Dubai a great place to live, here in Canada we are very limited on what can be imported and cars must be 15-years old.

I'm a big fan of JDM cars, and Japan has a lot of amazing vehicles to suit any taste that weren't available in other markets.

I know Japan ships a lot of used vehicles to Dubai actually. I run a site called http://jdmvip.com if anyone wants information on the cars themselves or how to find a company to ship a car to you.

Some people want to move from Canada to a place like Dubai just to drive cars that aren't allowed here.

This is very exciting news.
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat