Dubai: Land Of Luxury, Land Of Slavery, Is Soon To FALL

Topic locked
Nov 23, 2008
Britisharab,

You seem to be having a serious problem communicating and expressing you own viewpoints in text. You still continue to solely rely on the blind cutting and pasting of other people's material.

I can't figure you out.

Either you are incapable of expressing yourself in writing (perhaps due to a language problem or limited vocabulary) or, which is more likely, you really don't know what you want to say.

Yes, Dubai has its problems....of which we are fully aware. So what???

Are we responsible for what happens in Dubai?

Of course not!!

Do we condone the abuses or excesses that occur in Dubai, or for that matter, that occur anywhere in the world??

Of course not?

Are we supposed to feel guilty for working and living in Dubai?

Of course not. Why should we?

Likewise, do you feel guilty if someone, where you live, committed a crime?

I don't think so.

What's your point then??

Listen pal, despite all your cut and paste nonsense, Dubai is still one of the best places in the world, to live in and work in.

You don't agree?? Just stay away from Dubai. Simple!!
That will solve your problem.

8) 8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 25, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:********
Britisharab,

You seem to be having a serious problem communicating and expressing you own viewpoints in text. You still continue to solely rely on the blind cutting and pasting of other people's material.

I can't figure you out.

Either you are incapable of expressing yourself in writing (perhaps due to a language problem or limited vocabulary) or, which is more likely, you really don't know what you want to say.

Yes, Dubai has its problems....of which we are fully aware. So what???

Are we responsible for what happens in Dubai?

Of course not!!

Do we condone the abuses or excesses that occur in Dubai, or for that matter, that occur anywhere in the world??

Of course not?

Are we supposed to feel guilty for working and living in Dubai?

Of course not. Why should we?

Likewise, do you feel guilty if someone, where you live, committed a crime?

I don't think so.

What's your point then??

Listen pal, despite all your cut and paste nonsense, Dubai is still one of the best places in the world, to live in and work in.

You don't agree?? Just stay away from Dubai. Simple!!
That will solve your problem.

8) 8) 8)

Hey, Tom Jones Maakachut

Tell me, what kind of job are you really doing in dubai, really tell me.

Is it not true that you are a butler.

OK, I know, there's nothing wrong about being a butler, but then...why are you trying so hard to mimic a taxi driver, hahaaha, wow.

Hey, bhenchut....try to be constructive and build yourself a palace.
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2008
Well, new here, and just going to point out that Dubai isn't a country; it is a city/emirate =).

Only Emirate that might be confused as a country on its own is Abu Dhabi, which is 83% of the UAE land wise.

Furthermore, Dubai was never a major oil exporter.
ADPrimetime
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 25, 2008
--

Thanks BA. You've just confirmed my hunch.

As I expected, you simply can't write... at all.

I presented to you a very valid question (in a polite manner, I might add – unlike your reply). The question was: why should we feel guilty about the abuse that occurs in Dubai, just like why should you feel guilty about the abuse that happens where you live??

And instead of coming back with an intelligent answer, or with an opposing point of view, you pathetically replied with stupid and offensive street rubbish that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Now I can see why you rely solely on all that cut and paste material.

Your foolish and ill-mannered reply, unquestionably, reveals a low level of intellect and inferior education, which is -as we presumed- the reason why you are incapable of presenting or defending your points of view with your own words!

I just feel badly that I have wasted my time commenting on your cut & paste postss. I thought that might promote you into a constructive, stimulating discussion, but apparently I was wrong.

It's clear that your talents are only limited to the" intellectually challenging" task of "cut & paste."

Alas,… I didn't know that I was banging on a hallow shell!!!

All I can say, you're hopelessly pathetic…, man!!

:x :x
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2008
'Banging on a hollow shell'?

Thats good!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 26, 2008
hmmm...well said tj..

:3some:
ce*ce_me
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 26, 2008
To argue with an idiot, you have to lower yourself to their level, where they'll beat you with experience.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 26, 2008
DK, ce* ce_me, FTD,,

Thanks guys for your nice comments!

Sure, there is definitely "no cure for stupidity!!"

That's a fact!!!

Cheers!!

8) 8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:DK, ce* ce_me, FTD,,

Thanks guys for your nice comments!

Sure, there is definitely "no cure for stupidity!!"

That's a fact!!!

Cheers!!

8) 8) 8)

Hey Tommy Jones, I think...now you must be really feeling great and on top of the world, with support from your local side-kicks, giving you a lovely position to be their national cheerleader, wow...that's great, congratulations. You've earned it, Good Luck.

OK..Now that you've proved yourself to be a talented speechwriter in English or better still, a renowned journalist (to-be) for the DUbai times, well then..when will it be that you as a renowned journalist will surrender your prejudice and try to report things as they are, instead of giving it a slanted view that fits only to your eyes and the rest is blurred, because you have decided on behalf of your readers that it is of no significance to your readers.

You really must be a very troubled dude to be scratching your ass whenever someone stares at your shoes, haahaha.
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 27, 2008
I joined this forum to learn something about Dubai since I am only two months old here. I was SHOCKED. Please tell me that what BA is writing is not true.
o.
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 27, 2008
o. wrote:I joined this forum to learn something about Dubai since I am only two months old here. I was SHOCKED. Please tell me that what BA is writing is not true.

See,

This is exactly the reaction BA is trying to elicit/ evoke.
I suggest that you read the thread in its entirety and with an open mind, don’t be prejudiced by the content of the fist posting. In particular read what I posted about the original post, the author of the original post and what his research was based on.

Granted the UAE is not Utopia and I won’t defend some of the stark inequalities that do occur; but feel that the original article and BA’s comments are totally out of sync with the actual situation.

If the article or content of the article does bother you then I suggest that you do some more reading (from other sources) and then use your own judgment to draw a conclusion – don’t base it on the first article you read.

I could use “selected quotes” from various sources to make Prince Charles sound like axe-murder.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 27, 2008
You are right. I already had my views of Dubai and they are still developing, but reading this was indeed shocking. Mostly because it comes from an Arab who lives in UK. His blend should enable him to exactly do what you advised me. Anyways, thanks for the tips.
o.
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat