Getting A New Bike

Topic locked
Getting a new bike Nov 24, 2008
Hello Everyone

I needed some advice on getting a bike for commutation purposes with good after sales services. Considering the irksome traffic in Dubai, I reckon the best way around is on two wheels. I have narrowed down to BMW F800ST and Honda VFR 800.....Any other reccomendations? ..what about the new Yamaha XJ6?

8)

Unicorn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 24, 2008
Try Kawasaki down Garhoud they have taken the novel approach of employing salesmen who know a bit about bikes
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
You have to decide what function you want the bike to fulfill. If its just a commuter machine, then maybe the choice you have here is a little on the large side. If you want something you can also use to get busy with the fizzy at weekends, they are fine. You are going to spend most of your time weaving through the lines of traffic and you may need a little cargo space.

The Yamaha 600 Fazer is a good possible alternative. Personally, I am looking at a 250 Piaggio...simply because its light enough to haul around the lane changers, its twist and go and has a mahoosive luggage space. It will not be seeing the roads at weekends, just a convenient way to get to and from the orifice.

Liberty Kawasaki in Garhoud is a good place to start!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 25, 2008
If you go to Kwapasaki ask for Adam he will point you in the right direction
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
Thank you guys....I guess the BMW is bit far fetched. I plan to use it as transport mode to get to office ...also occasional thrill rides:) Thanks for the suggestion on kawasaki...they have an impressive spread of bikes

YamahaXJ6 seems to be a scoop from the Fazer series...light on the pocket as well..

:) :)
Unicorn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 26, 2008
Just have a look at the after sales service unicorn,sometimes it may be worth paying a bit more dosh just so that you can sleep at night and not lie awake worrying about what kind training the person has who is servicing your bike.

And besides Yammies burn to much oil,Hondas are ghey,Ducatis have been making mechanics out of riders for years,Kwapasakis err cant say to much as my son works for them,Hardleys are for bankers,doctors,accountants,KTM rattle your bits to much,so that just leaves the Mighty Suzuki a proper mans bike,just dont try to get spares for them in the UAE
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
I am thinking of getting either Kawasaki or Suzuki.. Yeah.. Vroom Vroom... Unicorn, get either Kawasaki or Suzuki.. Great stuff..
ivanlim84
Dubai Forum User

Nov 27, 2008
Thanks Busa and ivanlim...I like the Kawasakis...also seems to have better after sales service....Their sports range is good...I personally liked the ER6F /6N and Z750.....rugged semi naked bikes...Whats your take?

Cheers :)
Unicorn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 28, 2008
hi unicorn,

i work in garhoud, right next to the kawasaki showroom.
i dont know the guys name, but he is a sales executive.. the tall.. white guy..

i have been once there to check out the bikes, as i myself owned a kawasaki zx4 (the lower series).

he should point you in the right direction.

if you wouldnt mind.. i could join in.

i personally like the zx6 with the green rims!!

my heart skips a beat everytime i go to office & leave for home, as i pass by ... man sexy machines!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 28, 2008
The Er series are a bit mundane in my opinion,but the nekid 750 is a top bike,i will soon hopefully be taking the 1400 out for a test ride as they want me to compare it with the Busa,i think that there is a track day today so you should get your arse up there as you will see all the top makes there
busa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto