How Do "normal" People Afford To Live Here?

Topic locked
How do "normal" people afford to live here? Sep 26, 2008
My friend and I have been thinking about moving to Dubai but looking at the rental market I can't understand how anyone affords to live there.

He would be able to get a well paid job but I am looking at "normal" jobs, unless you all house share, what are the options?????

glwaring
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 29, 2008
er not much, that's pretty much it, house sharing or living somewhere crappy.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2008
hahha, so true. i am asking myself the same question during the last few days.

but even sharing appartments seems to be a tough job! "female exec. wanted", "discrete", "bed share",... very unique coming from austral-asia
samsi
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 24, 2008
There are new rules in Dubai now. It is difficult to share apartments anymore. A lot of ppl with normal income or low income will be affected.

My fren is staying in Bur Dubai and last week, Dubai Police came and did a spot check on all the apartments. A lot have been given warning to evacuate all the people who shares accomodation.

It is getting more complicated now in Dubai.
ivanlim84
Dubai Forum User

Dec 20, 2008
Does not depend on the income...,, unless u take a flat or villa for urself-- u r still at risk.... munciplaity can knock ur door ... anytime of the day....even if one stays at a studo or hall, with private entrance, but shares the same villa with other people--u r still sharing, so breaking the rules..... Now tha question is-- to take risks and stay in a nice area with nice neighbours, or to be an idiot and take a flat in stinky International City or some Dubai Marina, and give 1 check for 12 months ahead?........ But I don't need a 1b/r flat in dubai marina for my own(can afford), and do not want to live in International city or bur duabi paying 80 K as a minimum ...per year...... absolutely stupid rules!!!
Lolly
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai