Wife Beating In Islam

Topic locked
Jul 22, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Thanks for that! I rest my case!

Ohhh no you don't, you don't have a case to begin with dear .. you supported the fact of women shelter which turned to be wrong, you support the fact that UAE supported wife beating !! which also is not wrong but an unintelligent comment.

I would like to thank K-Dog for taking the effort of bringing numbers and facts to the discussion ( unlike some who only do good in blab la bla ) but this is not the case here sir, we are not discussing if there is domestic vileness in the UAE but the issue of UAE supporting such acts and women shelter.

firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 22, 2008
Oh yes I do! Go stick your head back in the sand, or up yer bum for all I care!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 22, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Oh yes I do! Go stick your head back in the sand, or up yer bum for all I care!

LOOOOOOL ok and stop being such a baby ... fine if you think so, you can go live in that so called women shelter for all I care.
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 23, 2008
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 06, 2008

thank u for what? that the fact wife beating goes on every society, every religion and in every part of the world.

yes majority of the emaraties do it. look at the stats EVERYONE does it. majority of the emaraties do it cos lol there is a majority of them.

wife beating is allowed in islam and choco i have argued about this on the other forum. wife beating is only allowed if your wife doesnt obey you. it is ALLOWED but it doesnt mean YOU have to do it. Got it?

2ndly are u saying wife beating doesnt happen in good old england? we all know you brits luv to drink or luv to get pissed and take ur anger out on ur wifes.

this crap goes on everywhere on earth. hell in India wives are burnt alive yet I dont hear u arguing about that. you live in a islamic country. I know the rules and laws might not make sense to you but it does to me cos am a muslim.

as how all the muslims respect the christian way of living in england they dont complaing y meet in Tesco or Asda is not halal, so same way u got to live here respecting the culture the religion and the way of living here.

like they say back in England. if you dont like it here go back to your own country. simple really world is big enough and if u hate dubai i suggest u look on moving.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 07, 2008
rudeboy wrote:

thank u for what? that the fact wife beating goes on every society, every religion and in every part of the world.

yes majority of the emaraties do it. look at the stats EVERYONE does it. majority of the emaraties do it cos lol there is a majority of them.

wife beating is allowed in islam and choco i have argued about this on the other forum. wife beating is only allowed if your wife doesnt obey you. it is ALLOWED but it doesnt mean YOU have to do it. Got it?

2ndly are u saying wife beating doesnt happen in good old england? we all know you brits luv to drink or luv to get pissed and take ur anger out on ur wifes.

this crap goes on everywhere on earth. hell in India wives are burnt alive yet I dont hear u arguing about that. you live in a islamic country. I know the rules and laws might not make sense to you but it does to me cos am a muslim.

as how all the muslims respect the christian way of living in england they dont complaing y meet in Tesco or Asda is not halal, so same way u got to live here respecting the culture the religion and the way of living here.

like they say back in England. if you dont like it here go back to your own country. simple really world is big enough and if u hate dubai i suggest u look on moving.

you are like the rest, stupid.. where in hell you get all this from ?
firefingersx
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 09, 2008
firefingersfx, you are such a troll.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 13, 2008
rudeboy wrote:

oh my lord.... how can you say that?!

people, stop talking about things you know nothing-- or very little about!
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2008
bushra21 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

oh my lord.... how can you say that?!

people, stop talking about things you know nothing-- or very little about!

how can i say what?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 25, 2008
Noble Verses 4:34-36 "(34). Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

it only ALLOWS it doesnt COMMAND you to do it. Many beatings happen but thats not because of Islam. beatings happen for many reasons such as being drunk and other social problems. Islam only allows you to beat ur wife lighty under certain circumstances which can be because of "disloyalty and ill-conduct" shown by ur wifey. But do remember this is not the FIRST thing u should do. as it mentions first "admonish them", on 2nd turn refuse to share their beds and LAST beat them lightly. So beating is the last option and its not necessary that you have to do it.

Question would you beat your wife for spending too much money? :D err no u wont

Question would you beat your wife after finding out she has an affair going on with some next guy? hmmm no I wont but that doesnt mean that I will not divorce her. However some guys will lash out at their wives but is that because of religion or because they couldnt control their temper?

You decide.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 26, 2008
chocoholic,

hi dear, hope you are not as ugly as you sound.... :toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:

you are an ignorant fool who don't try to learn other cultures. anyways you have forgotten or maybe are trying to suppress your teenage memories when you were an object for all the high school studs. may be was used and abused so many times yourself that you just don't want to accept the fact that you are a S*X object in your western world nothing more.

forget the beating, girls in UK, USA and the rest of the western world have no respect, very low self esteem and will be down on their knees for nothing more than three martinis and 5 min of sweet talk. if degrading yourself and geting it on with every TOM, banana AND HARRY is what you think is freedom and being respectful and better than getting your ass whopped, than you can have your western culture.

lets say if your are 25, your stats of being with different men would be four times your age....tell me if i am wrong ;) and by the time you will turn 40 this number will luckily progress to 40x4...am i right maybe sometimes 3 at a time. ;)

sorry if i sound rude or harsh but this is a truth a reality a fact that the whole world knows. EASIEST WOMEN are in US, UK, and most part of EUROPE.

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE...;) EXAMPLES

OKTOBERFEST, SPRING BREAK, AND LOT MORE CAN ALSO PROVIDE LINKS :)

PLEASE GIRL KEEP YOUR IGNORANT THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF AND JUST CHILL, SEE IT THIS WAY THAT YOU ARE IN ARAB COUNTRY AND STILL HAVE THE RESPECT DESERVED...YOU ARE MORE SECURE HERE THAN IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY, WHEREVER YOU ARE FROM. AT LEAST NO ONE IS GOING TO RAPE YOUR SORRY ASS IN DUBAI, AT LEAST NO ONE IS BEATING YOU. IF YOU HAVE BAD RELATIONSHIP EXPERIENCE THAN IT IS YOUR OWN STUBBORNNESS.........................OH MY GOD I CAN KEEP GOING ALL NIGHT......:)

ANY MORE QUESTIONS JUST THROW EM OUT THERE AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER THEM WITH FACTS AND PROVES...PEACE
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 26, 2008
lol azm chill relax mate hhehee choco is one of those anti islam ppl who live in dubai and yet hate islam :D there are loads in the other forum.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 27, 2008
I FIGURED...READ HER OTHER POSTS, JUST AN OTHER LOST INDIVIDUAL

;)
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 28, 2008
er wrong! I'm anti ANY religion! And by the way you ignorant fool, I've lived in Muslim countries for a third of my life, so I know exactly how things work thank you very much.

And why should I keep my opinions to myself? You get to say what you want why can't I?

Oh and women are sfer here? Hmmmm yes that's why when a friend of mine was out in the desert with his girlfriend and their car broke down, a car with a bunch of locals came by and said they'd only help if they could all sleep with his girl. That's why one of my friends was recently attacked by a local in her own apartment! I have lots of examples, so no I don't think we are safer! You could go out wearing a bin liner and some sick minded guys would still try it on.

Anyway this thread was dead and buried. Get over it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2008
AZM786 Talk about lack of cultural understanding. In Arab and Asian countries the men are also out having s.e.x, while they expect their brides to be virgins. So hypocritical! In the West the women and men are equally allowed to out and sleep around if they choose. The whole point is that a woman must give her permission - no man should demand or force s.e.x from her, whether he is her husband or just some guy. It is her body and her choice, whether you personally respect that or not. Do what you want with your own body and have a little more "cultural understanding" like what you expect Chocs to have!

Those stories are shocking Chocs! Shame on those men for having such a disgusting attitude. I wonder how they would feel if someone tried the same thing with their sister, cousin, mother! Interesting that they can act like pigs towards other women, but then say they "respect women and treat them like queens" (yeah, only the women of their own culture!) If men of a certain culture can't and won't respect women from another culture then they shouldn't be around them or communicate with them at all. They shouldn't act like pigs, then blame the woman.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 05, 2008
firefingersx wrote:

To Chocoholic
You said you have been a victim of such violence ( I wounder why :) )

That's low and cruel.

In Western countries Domestic Violence doesn't necessarily mean 'Violence.' In the US for example lots of men (women too) are given false restraining orders. A guy could slap a woman's behind during sexo for example and she'll say in court 'He hit me.' A man could continually lie to a woman. One day she catches him in a lie, throws the contents (soda or water) in a glass at his face. He files a police report and he'll claim 'abuse.' Incidents like that are f*c king common in the States it makes my blood boil. It degrades and mocks people who are truly victims being banged on the floor, punched, embarrassed in front of families, followed, bugged, having children taken away etc.

I myself have been somewhat abused by a manipulative, intimidating man but it never got physical. I've spoken to women who have been physically abused and often their abuse started as verbal and phsycological evolving into physical. The guy tells her she has low-self respect, no one likes her, she's nuts, she's not pretty, she asked for it, she likes being abused, he makes her do it. Sometimes it stays mental like that. Other times it grows because the woman doesn't leave so the guy pushes to see how far he can go.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 05, 2008
to everybody who disagrees with my comments. please consult the following and you might get a better picture of things :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence

NOT TO MAKE THIS A RELIGIOUS CONVERSATION, THIS IS WHAT BEATING IN ISLAM IS...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_ ... c_violence

and for the men in ARAB WORLD or "Muslims" are hypocrites, YES i agree with you but they are a shame to me, cause a small number of those are just giving the whole community a bad name..PLEASE CONSULT TO THESE TOPICS. AT LEAST THEY ARE WELL RESEARCHED.

:occasion5: :occasion5:
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2008
We already know that Islam doesn't condone domestic violence, it is just that the women don't get justice is societies where men are favoured as "dominant" - so it is more a cultural issue than religious one. Unfortunately, many conservative societies view men in such a way, so the men can get away with a lot.

Here is the contact info for the women's shelter in Dubai. City of Hope - 050-651 6511 or email cityofhope18@gmail.com
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 07, 2008
to KINELLI,

you are not wrong, its just that you have to understand that u are comparing the arab world with western laws and lifestyle. please remember that only 30 years ago these people didn't know about anything besides CAMELS, DATES AND FISH and a lot more which cannot be discussed in this forum. right now is there learning ERA and believe it or not arabs are changing.

but anyways point is that 60 years ago for hundred of years the western world was also considered a male dominant society (even now in a lot of aspects of life) ;). maybe you need to learn a more about history. so give these young nations a little more time and you will see things changing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of ... ted_States

consult the above link and compare....you might understand what i mean
;)
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2008
Conservative societies are found all over the world even in this day in age. There are conservative communities in many Western countries (often religious as well...) where domestic abuse happens and women are taught to put up with it because the man is the divinely appointed head of the household. The main problem is the abuse of power by the man. Even if a community upholds the idea that a man is divinely appointed head of the household, the man should be expected to use his power in a humane and fair way. He should never feel entitled to physically harm his wife or children - in fact he should feel deeply shamed. This is why wider community laws need to be made and enforced to provide recourse for women and children who suffer under such circumstances. If the laws are on the side of the abusive men, then the whole of society is basically being party to the crime.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 07, 2008
AND THE POINT IS..............???????????????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

ACCEPT IT THAT YOU JUST LIKE TO POINT FINGERS KNOWING THAT WESTERN CULTURE IS NO BETTER.......AND WOULD DEFINITELY LIKE TO KNOW UR AND CHOCS PROBLEM WITH ARABS....????????? THANK YOU

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
azm786
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 09, 2008
"Even if a community upholds the idea that a man is divinely appointed head of the household, the man should be expected to use his power in a humane and fair way. He should never feel entitled to physically harm his wife or children - in fact he should feel deeply shamed"
- I think you have made a very valid point here. Its not about western sensibilities vs. islamic/arab culture and its a shame when muslims or arabs get defensive rather than looking into their own back yards. At the same time - it is not necessarily up to developed nations (or people from them) to dictate societal norms and/or look down upon other cultures/religions.

I appreciate that others who are not muslims nor understand whats going on in these cultures take the same approach of qualifying their stance with statements such as 'even if a community upholds the idea ...' - otherwise a lot of the comments come out (whether they were meant to or not) as being aggressive and insensitive against islam/muslims/arabs and a bit of a talk down if you ask me. Given the current global climate and politically charged atmosphere (call it clash of civilisations or not) - we all need to be a bit more sensitive in the way we communicate our viewpoints-regardless of our disagreements.
farhandxb
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2008
Is isn't about "Arabs" or "Muslims" or "Western standards" necessarily. What is wrong with people trying to push for change in a situation that isn't fair? I doubt you'd find any women happy with the way they receive "justice" in a society that supports the men only. Every human being deserves to be protected from violence - equally. If I seem to have a superior attitude because of this opinion, then I am fine with that. Societies progress at different rates - the most important thing is that they arrive at a just and humane destination in the end.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 12, 2008
Well, just read on ExpatWoman that City of Hope will be closing down this month. I am so sad to hear this news. http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/message ... icID=42890 Hopefully a new solution is found and there will be a shelter once again.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 12, 2008
I don't have a problem with anyone. Like I said this thread was dead and buried along time ago and FireFingers and I worked out our differences. I have said all I needed to say on the subject.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 07, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:er wrong! I'm anti ANY religion! And by the way you ignorant fool, I've lived in Muslim countries for a third of my life, so I know exactly how things work thank you very much.

And why should I keep my opinions to myself? You get to say what you want why can't I?

Oh and women are sfer here? Hmmmm yes that's why when a friend of mine was out in the desert with his girlfriend and their car broke down, a car with a bunch of locals came by and said they'd only help if they could all sleep with his girl. That's why one of my friends was recently attacked by a local in her own apartment! I have lots of examples, so no I don't think we are safer! You could go out wearing a bin liner and some sick minded guys would still try it on.

Anyway this thread was dead and buried. Get over it.

hehh how did they know they were locals? did they have the word LOCAL written on their forehead :P

sorry but how do we know these scenarios did really happen? sorry but if it was am sure it would have popped up in the news. especially with your friend being attacked in her own house :S.

y would u want to go out wearing a bin liner in a muslim country? when the laws of the country clearly mention "please wear sensible clothing".

I guess they would only do this to protect western women out here from sick guys out in dubai :) am not saying you wear the black pingoo costume. just wear your jeans shirt am sure you wont be pulled in the middle of the road.

But then again women like to do the make up wear the short skirts and happily get into fancy cars.

there are good ppl and bad ppl in uae but its the same for the world.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 22, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Don't lay the blame on Islam, it's not the only religion that is inherently mysoginistic.

Christianity has a fairly poor view of women too. I mean, remember that it's Eve's fault we're not all kicking back, butt naked in the Garden of Eden right now (anyone for frisbee?).

And trust me, England has it's share of wife-beaters too. I think these guys should be named and shamed. I mean how cowardly can you be?!

the european union council for statistics in 1997 published that British mowen was most battered women in entire Europe..
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums