Another Visa Topic

Topic locked
Another Visa topic Oct 06, 2008
I'm confused...

My husband and I both have the Dutch nationality and we want to stay in the UAE for as long as possible.

Now, DNRD website says:
8. (33) Countries Upon Arrival

* Required documents:

 Original passport
 Free of charge
 Special notes: renewal shall be once and for a similar period (30 days).

Fees:

 AED 620 e-form fees
 Service is provided through all air, land, and sea ports.

So we can stay for a total of 60 days, right? We get a 30 day visa upon arrival and can renew it once more for another 30 days. Is that renewal guaranteed? I need to know before I book my 2 month flight ticket.

I tried to call DNRD to check but they don't answer (I spent over €10 just listening to the music). I also called the UAE embassy over here but they confused me even more by telling me there was no renewal at all after the first 30 days. I don't trust this information because the guy didn't sound sure at all.

So who can clear this for me? Can we really stay for 60 days? If so, where do we need to go to renew our visa after the first 30 days? Can this be done immediatly after arriving at the airport or do we have to wait untill 30 days pass and then go to immigration or something? Can they refuse to renew our visa for the next 30 days?

Then, if we stay 60 days, do we really have to leave the country for a month? Gulf News said:

Brigadier Nasser Al Awadi Al Minhali, Acting Director-General of the Federal Naturalisation and Residency Department, said: "Those who enter the country on a visit visa cannot get new visas unless the person exits the country and stays out for at least a month."

(...)

"The rule is very clear," he said, adding that it is applicable to anyone entering the UAE on any of the 16 types of visit visas. This rule applies to all visitors irrespective of the duration of the visit visa, he said.

So no more visa runs at all?

Dutchess
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 06, 2008
the new visa rules allow EEC and other selected nationalities to stay for 30 days, this can be renewed for another 30 days.

and yup 60 days is it now, visa runs are now a thing of the past. You have to stay out for one month before returning
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 06, 2008
ok thanks and WHERE and HOW to renew exactly?
Dutchess
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 07, 2008
You are definetely allowed to stay 60 days at minumum. According to the latest info I can gather, and as you can see from the posts, you may stay 60 days with the visa you get upon arrival, and it can be renewed for another 30 days (for a total of 90 days).
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 07, 2008
Oh..I forgot..

As to where and how to do the visa renewal, it can be done at any DNRD office (check their web site for locations) but it should be done a few days before the visa expires. At DNRD, you go to the renewal desk, pay the AED 620, and they will stamp the renewal on your passport.
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 07, 2008
I have done the renewal for a cost of 650. Just go to the Amwal center at the Hyatt Regency hotel.
bridge
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2008
I tried to extend at the Dubai DNR but they wouldnt do it because I entered the country through Abu Dhabi
debstaaa
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 07, 2008
Bridge,

Could you also pls. give us more info to help other readers with a similar situation? When did you come in the country, via DXB? Holding UK passport or other passport? Was your entry visa stamped 30 days or 60 days? When did you renew, and did you get a total of 90 days with the renewal? Many thanks!

Tommy
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 28, 2008
Dubai visa rules have changed. Websites, embassies, DNRD officials will give conflicting stories and in the end you won't get a definitive answer because there will always be someone to give you contrary information. Buy an airline ticket which you can change the date of return flight, ask on arrival how long your visa is for (it should be 60 days if you're a kaaskopje), and go to Hatta for a visa renewal a couple of days before it expires.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 08, 2008
arniegang wrote:the new visa rules allow EEC and other selected nationalities to stay for 30 days, this can be renewed for another 30 days.

and yup 60 days is it now, visa runs are now a thing of the past. You have to stay out for one month before returning

here is what happened with me;
a week before my 60 days (thats what I had on my first entry to UAE-Sharjah) was up, i went to visit moscat for two days only and had another 60 days stamp on the way in on my EU passport..
this will even confuse you further I believe!
xl
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 17, 2008
As a Brit, I did a visa run to Oman in October and 59 days later, I did another one last week with no problems. The stamp given at the Oman border does say 30 days but it is 60 days. Don't think they have any 60 days rubber stamps.
Odin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum