Drivers License

Topic locked
Drivers License Sep 21, 2008
Guys,

My cousin who's a Canadian citizen claims that she can't transfer her drivers license to a U.A.E one because of the new laws. She's now living in Dubai, away from her kids and husband in Abu Dhabi just so she can take classes.

I happen to be a U.S. Citizen, with a Washington state issued drivers
license, can I still convert to a U.A.E one, without taking any classes ?

P.S. She's extremely westernized and we suspect that she might be cheating on her husband! since she's had numerous affairs and led a promiscous lifestyle in Vancouver B.C. (which is cool......im Liberal myself but believe in some morals and values!)

techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2008
And what exaclty has your PS got to do with anything? Do we need to know this info? I think not!

Please read through the posts in the expat help section as your query has been answered to death.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 21, 2008
US can be converted. Canadian I dont know abt British Columbian driver's licence but Ontario's G2 CANT be converted , get it as I did.

Your PS is very funny, I belive you aint Caucasian since when is promiscuity = westernized yes canadians can be horny. :lol:
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 21, 2008
What a tool!!!!!!!!!
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 21, 2008
Western = Promiscuous?

Interesting...

If that were the case, there will have to be one or two changes to some more popular phrases:

Spaghetti Promiscuous
Great Promiscuous Railways
Wild Wild Promiscuous
and the sun sets in the promiscuous...

Tosh!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
(heading promiscuous)
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2008
Whoa! I apologize, yes, westernized doesn't translate into "loose morals or values" Don't know what I was thinking, anyway, I guess what I meant to say was that she leads a very promiscuous lifestyle because of x..y...z.... reasons.

Anyway, looks like American can be converted, while Canadian cannot, damn, I thought every western country passport holder is entitled to the same perks, benefits as others.............maybe not!

P.S. Yes, im not Caucasian, originally from Karachi
techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 21, 2008
you have joined the forum more than a yr ago and moreover u mentioned one of the posts u did live in UAE b4 so what is the fuss?
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 21, 2008
Yes, I did live in Dubai, however, I was informed recently by my cousin
that western passport/license holders no longer have the priviledge of directly applying for a drivers license in the U.A.E.

I understand from the posts this rule applies only to Canadian citizens..............since im a blue/silver passport holder (U.S.A) the new rule doesn't apply to me, or I sure hope so!
techsource2005
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 22, 2008
LoL.... :lol:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
All ex favoured nationalities have to get a UAE drivers licence now. You can even get a temporary one if you are here on visit visa. Cost 100Dhs. Apply at Central Police HQ Traffic Dept. Its near Galadari Interchange on the road towards Dubai Airport Terminal 2 and Free Zone.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
that sucks
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 22, 2008
desert surfer wrote:that sucks

Not really. At least you don't have to take 40 lessons and dumb test that even Stevie Wonder could pass.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Drivers License Sep 22, 2008
techsource2005 wrote:My cousin who's a Canadian citizen claims that she can't transfer her drivers license to a U.A.E one because of the new laws. She's now living in Dubai, away from her kids and husband in Abu Dhabi just so she can take classes.

I happen to be a U.S. Citizen, with a Washington state issued drivers
license, can I still convert to a U.A.E one, without taking any classes ?

There was a report last year that the licence exchange would stop but so far that doesn't seem to have been implemented. Part of the problem is that the RTA in Dubai sometime issues or enforces laws differently from other emirates, and then newspapers carry stories with conflicting statements from RTA officials leaving everyone confused. Canadians had to get a letter from the embassy or something anyway. Best suggestion si to just try anyway. Here's a list of UAE driving licence exchange countries.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 22, 2008
I checked the Government of Dubai web site... You can still convert a Canadian license but you need a letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine before transferring it.

desert surfer wrote:US can be converted. Canadian I dont know abt British Columbian driver's licence but Ontario's G2 CANT be converted , get it as I did.
Sean2008
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 22, 2008
Sean2008 wrote:I checked the Government of Dubai web site... You can still convert a Canadian license but you need a letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine before transferring it.

desert surfer wrote:US can be converted. Canadian I dont know abt British Columbian driver's licence but Ontario's G2 CANT be converted , get it as I did.

yep

Ontario has 3 levels of licence G1 G2 and G. Difference between G2 and G are minimum and not that much. I have G2 went to consulate and they refused so gave exam and got the licence. PPl here are scared to death when they give tests. It's much easier than Canada.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 12, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Western = Promiscuous?

Interesting...

If that were the case, there will have to be one or two changes to some more popular phrases:

Spaghetti Promiscuous
Wild Wild Promiscuous

Tosh!

here is what;
my first month in Dubai and two people makes me laugh - always - a Canadian Promis- c - ed guy and yourself...
ex l

Knight
(heading promiscuous)
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2008
muyesser wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Western = Promiscuous?

Interesting...

Spaghetti Promiscuous
Wild Wild Promiscuous

Tosh!

here is what;
my first month in Dubai and two people makes me laugh - always - a Canadian Promis- c - ed guy and yourself...
ex l

Knight
(heading promiscuous)

Hmmm...seems there is a new member of the fan club.

'Promis- c - ed'? Is that short for 'promiscuous'? So he's from Vancouver then?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 15, 2008
sorry if this is irrelevant...

has anyone converted UAE driver's licence in other countries to theirs?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat