Quaders/riders

Topic locked
quaders/riders Sep 27, 2008
I am a pretty serious rider going out almost every weekend and looking for some where new to ride/people to ride with. I have been everywhere in the UAE and i am planning to go over to Liwa for a four day trip over eid. Anyone else out there that can help me out with places to go to, also i am in the process of making modifications to my quad and looking for some where good to get stuff/best prices. I know of Dubike, Sandstorm, and Dune Bike, however if anyone can help me out please let me know.
Thanks
Honda 450r

desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 27, 2008
Best of luck! There are some awesome dunes in Liwa, be careful...don't let us see you riding it on the back wheels on the Emirates Road!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 27, 2008
Don't worry i am smarter than that only offroad for me. :)
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 02, 2008
I'm a rider. Do you ride off road? I only ride on road on my yamaha r6
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 02, 2008
yeah only offroad i dont have a street bike i ride a honda 450r
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 06, 2008
off-road baby!!!

i think now that it's getting cooler it's a good time to bring out the bike.
i ride a kawasaki KDX 250.

i might take you up on that one of these days...
i don't have a trailer though...can you still fit one bike on yours?

i used to ride with a friend early this year but went back to spain for good.
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Don't think my Royal Enfield would be any good in the sand!

500cc Bullet Machismo arriving this month fresh out the factory in Pune.

Vroooommmmmm....putt, putt, putt!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Nice^^
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 06, 2008
Waqsy wrote:Nice^^

I'll tell you once I get it, however the last one I rode (genuine 1960's Brit built one) had an annoying habit of peeing hot oil all down the inside of your leg.

It was a bit like one of my dogs!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Has anyone seen those new dune bashers? Basically they are based on a snowmobile.

There is one on display parked on the side of the beach road about a 1000 m before the JBH
arniegang

Oct 06, 2008
arniegang wrote:Has anyone seen those new dune bashers? Basically they are based on a snowmobile.

There is one on display parked on the side of the beach road about a 1000 m before the JBH

You should get back up to the quad place on the Emirates Road outside Ajman, one of them now has full on dune buggies!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
arniegang wrote:Has anyone seen those new dune bashers? Basically they are based on a snowmobile.

You should get back up to the quad place on the Emirates Road outside Ajman, one of them now has full on dune buggies!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

you mean as in drive through sharjah and you will see it on your left, you cant miss it !!! :shock: :shock:

I have been using the ones by big red on the hatta road - its far easier to find

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Oct 06, 2008
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

you mean as in drive through sharjah and you will see it on your left, you cant miss it !!! :shock: :shock:

I have been using the ones by big red on the hatta road - its far easier to find

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You really need to ditch that GPS and start using dead reckoning and the sun! The ones at Big Red are a total rip!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
nooo 100dhs for 1/2 hour or 150 an hour the same as the other place and the quads are in far better nick.
arniegang

Oct 08, 2008
Interesting...
hotel1
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2008

\
Oh yeah those things are supposed to be insane but my opinion A WASTE OF MONEY, they want 95,000DHS for them they are just snowmobiles with a front sand tires, they are pretty cool. My friend knows someone that owns three!
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 08, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:

I'll tell you once I get it, however the last one I rode (genuine 1960's Brit built one) had an annoying habit of peeing hot oil all down the inside of your leg.

Knight

hope to see you on the roads! ride safe
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 08, 2008
Waqsy wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

hope to see you on the roads! ride safe

You probably won't see me if you are on an R6 doing light speed! I will be the one puttering down the gutter!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat