Want To Buy A New Small Car

Topic locked
want to buy a new small car Dec 27, 2005
hey guys,

need all your opinions on deciding which would be the best deal for having a new automatic transmission small car.

my budget is something like AED 50,000.00

can anybody help me optimise on looks, safety, driving comfort, fuel efficiency and re-sale value at about 15 percent depreciation per year.

i have been driving my office car but i think its time i get one of my own..

ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 27, 2005
i dont think so u can get a brand new car with that price!!!
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2005
I think you can.

Toyota echo - small car, reliable.. gud average...
Chrysler neon - small car... umm... American.. so maintenance probs.
And few kia’s …. No idea on their standards…
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 28, 2005
Try the brand new Ford Focus. Ford did an advert 2 mos ago promoting it but don't seem to see it now in the ads. Can't remember the price though but the price in the ad seems very reasonable. Goodluck.
PePPerCLIP
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 28, 2005
That's plenty to get a new car.

Mazda 3
Honda
Skoda
The Gtz - can't remember who makes it.
Toyota
Kia

Loads and loads, go round all the showrooms and have a look. There's a whole strip of them on Shk Zayed road.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 28, 2005
Hi there

what about driving a small car in Dubai? It looks like our move to Dubai will take place in spring and I was wondering about the dramatic traffic news you hear about Dubai. Is it really that dramatic?

Cheers
Nic
Kleine177
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 28, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:That's plenty to get a new car.

Mazda 3
Honda
Skoda
The Gtz - can't remember who makes it.
Toyota
Kia

Loads and loads, go round all the showrooms and have a look. There's a whole strip of them on Shk Zayed road.

choco,

by going through some posts in the auto section, it seems u have a fair idea on small cars..

i have seen all these cars and their prices.. they can all fit my budget ..

which one would you reckon from the ones

XA or yaris ---Toyota
Tiida -----------Nissan
Jazz ------------Honda
Getz ------------Hyundai
Focus -----------Ford

thanks..
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 28, 2005
Why not consider the mazda 3.. looks pretty decent and has features you wouldnt find in any of the other cars listed.. actually has some features you only get in higher end cars (in the fully loaded version that goes at about 55K): xenons, steering audio, trip tronic transmission, auto wiper sensor, light sensor, etc etc.. neighbor of mine has it and its pretty sweet..

From the rest of your list, I would say go with Honda.. and even Peugot is a decent bet...
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 28, 2005
I wish they sold the Mazda 3 sportsback here, for this price range, that would be my suggestion. If there is anyone from Mazda on this board, why is this not sold here???

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 30, 2005
i found the used car centre very good for looking at choice. Over 130 car sale outlets in one area
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2005
XA or yaris ---Toyota - Brilliant little car, well built, holds it's resale price, good value! - The new Yaris has been brought in to replace the Echo - thank god!!! Nice little car, but prefer the XA.

Tiida -----------Nissan - Hmm not sure about this one, looks pretty nice though.

Jazz ------------Honda - Again good little car, a bit boxy for my liking though.

Getz ------------Hyundai - Another good little runner, very comparable to the XA in size.

Focus -----------Ford - Forget European cars here, parts are expensive and they're built for coping with wet, muddy environments, great for Europe, rust out like hell in the heat! Steer clear!

The Mazda 3 is good, you get a lot of car for your money. My boyfriend has just bought the S version which was 51,500 Dhs. You can get the fully loaded for about 55,000.

Basically anything Japanese will be a pretty good deal, parts are cheap, they're well built, good safety features and last forever.

The second hand car dealer ship at Al Aweer is pretty good - BUT be very very careful! There are some right cowboys, and about 30% of the dealers there I wouldn't touch with a barge pole! You need to take someone with you who knows about cars, warranties, servicing, resale and what the current list price should be. Many of the cars are not a good deal, they're over priced and if there's a problem some of the dealers refuse to fix it - beware!!!

The guys at the Al Futtaim second hand show room are very good, or you can tell them what you're looking for and they'll keep and eye out. But you have to remember second hand dealers need to make money on the cars so there is a mark up. Buying private here is very dodgy business, if there's a problem there's no come back and I wouldn't recommend it.

Hope this helps

Choco
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 31, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Focus -----------Ford - Forget European cars here, parts are expensive and they're built for coping with wet, muddy environments, great for Europe, rust out like hell in the heat! Steer clear!

The Mazda 3 is good, you get a lot of car for your money. My boyfriend has just bought the S version which was 51,500 Dhs. You can get the fully loaded for about 55,000.

Really? You know i've never seen a rusted car here,

......also HP is going to be heartbroken :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 01, 2006
Well not necessarily rust, but many of the parts become corroded very quickly, they're not built for heat. They're built for driving around in mud!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: want to buy a new small car Jan 02, 2006
ajoy wrote:hey guys,

need all your opinions on deciding which would be the best deal for having a new automatic transmission small car.

my budget is something like AED 50,000.00

You may consider Mitsubishi Lancer (automatic, power steering, central locking, power windows,tachometer) for 38500 AED, brand new. The car is a four door sedan with regular boot....not a hatch back.http://www.habtoormotors.com/mitsubishi/lancer/default.htm
sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:i found the used car centre very good for looking at choice. Over 130 car sale outlets in one area

Are you referring to Muncipality Used Car Complex in Aweer?
sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 02, 2006
Well I just got a new Mazda 3, the full spec, it costs 55,800 Dhs.
You can go for Toyota Yaris , it is better than XA in terms of fuel and it is a toyota, which mean a high resell value !! yet the mazda has more specs comapred to a similar toyota and it is cheap if u want to get the same specs from a Honda. As for the GETZ a friend of mine has one and it is not worth spending that money on, unless u want a car to throw awa after 2-3 years !!!

Well Fayz when I went to book a mazda 3 I wanted the sport one and they said that they don't get it !! I told them that I want to make a special order since u have to order the full specs car to get it by 2-3 week. they said they can't , I wanted to talk to the manager himself, yet they told me it is useless and that "as one salesman told me" are getting a standard package or specs for this area and that is what the company is giving them. For example in the catalogue it says that th interior for the V grade mazda 3 can come in Black or Biege , yet they only bring the Biege, why ?!! same answer. One more thing, if u go to any website, u will find that they make 2.0 and 2.3 engines for mazda 3, yet the don't bring these models here !! only 1.6 are sold here !!
:twisted:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jan 02, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Well I just got a new Mazda 3, the full spec, it costs 55,800 Dhs.

Well Fayz when I went to book a mazda 3 I wanted the sport one and they said that they don't get it !! I told them that I want to make a special order since u have to order the full specs car to get it by 2-3 week. they said they can't , I wanted to talk to the manager himself, yet they told me it is useless and that "as one salesman told me" are getting a standard package or specs for this area and that is what the company is giving them. For example in the catalogue it says that th interior for the V grade mazda 3 can come in Black or Biege , yet they only bring the Biege, why ?!! same answer. One more thing, if u go to any website, u will find that they make 2.0 and 2.3 engines for mazda 3, yet the don't bring these models here !! only 1.6 are sold here !!
:twisted:

First off congrats on the new car, back in Canada I had a 2004 Protege 5 and loved it, at times I regret not bringing it here although this "I can't think out of the box" attitude that seems to prevail in Dubai would have likely caused me grief on that front as well.

I'm lucky and consider myself fortunate to be here and although there are times when DXB is uber frustrating for the most part it is a great city, it's just times like this that make me wish i was back home. Seriously I was willing to pay cash for the car, patiently wait the 6 weeks for it to be shipped, etc.... oh well their lost sale.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 02, 2006
fayz wrote:I wish they sold the Mazda 3 sportsback here, for this price range, that would be my suggestion. If there is anyone from Mazda on this board, why is this not sold here???

GOD I agree with you 100%!
Before I came here I had my heart set on a Mazda 3 hatchback, and it turns out they only sell the sedan version (which in my opinion is hideous)
In other countries the HB is the same price as the sedan, and far more popular. Why on Earth isn't it sold here???:(
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat