Solution To Speeding Problem

Topic locked
Solution to speeding problem Sep 21, 2008
Well it seems it'll take a very long time before the majority of Dubai motorists will learn the virtues of discipline and respect or even basic traffic rules.
So here's an idea of mine to solve the speeding problem for the meantime:
I noticed that drivers would only go within speed limits when approaching known radar/camera installations. Why not then install dummy radars every 100 meters of the road and then randomly install live ones among them?
This way drivers will be forced to stay within speed limits every time as they don't know whether the next camera is live or not.
:wink:

pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 21, 2008
Do you own a company making radar cameras?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2008
I really don't think that radar is ever a solution for speeding drivers in the UAE.

There's more to it than that!!!!
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
I have some suggestions that might work:

Like the guys training on the beach every morning, tie a whole load of old car tyres to the back of every car.

Nationalise all driving and make it a government department...then it will go REALLY slow!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 21, 2008
Haha, no DK I don't. I just had this idea while I was heading to the office this morning. Desperate times (or hopeless cases) calls for desperate measures I thought.
It's gonna be a very long time before motorists start respecting each other on the road.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 21, 2008
LoL

:lol: :lol:
onthepalm
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 21, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:Haha, no DK I don't. I just had this idea while I was heading to the office this morning. Desperate times (or hopeless cases) calls for desperate measures I thought.
It's gonna be a very long time before motorists start respecting each other on the road.

Its a sound idea, but some local would complain because 'It was not fair!' when he got caught doing 220kmph weaving in and out of the queues.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Solution to speeding problem Sep 22, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:Well it seems it'll take a very long time before the majority of Dubai motorists will learn the virtues of discipline and respect or even basic traffic rules.
So here's an idea of mine to solve the speeding problem for the meantime:
I noticed that drivers would only go within speed limits when approaching known radar/camera installations. Why not then install dummy radars every 100 meters of the road and then randomly install live ones among them?
This way drivers will be forced to stay within speed limits every time as they don't know whether the next camera is live or not.
:wink:

Well, that's a great idea so far. Excellent suggestions!

Install more cameras
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
How about having motion sensors attatched to machine guns dotted around at random. If you do 121kmph...it blows you away.

Save the government wasting time and money issuing fines...and would thin out the idiot gene pool a little.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
I'm fairly sure there are 'dummy' speed cameras around the place. I've seen people doing the old 'Speed Up/Speed Down for Camera' trick and sometimes they just speed right through a certain camera and nothing happens. It's like they knew that that one was not working.

And they do have the little mobile cameras. They are pretty hard to spot most of the time.

Speaking of cameras, I was driving home on thursday afternoon and one camera Dubai-bound on Shaikh Zayed rd was flashing ever single car that went past it, even the people doing what I guessed was less than the limit of 120. It flashed about 5 people in front of me, it was obviously broken and going crazy.

So I slowed down to 80 and went way over to the far right lane and got past it Ok. I hope it is fixed now.

:iroc:
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 22, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:I'm fairly sure there are 'dummy' speed cameras around the place.

There are. Or cameras that aren't working for whatever reason. I've been past cameras too fast but not received speeding tickets.

I think the mobile ones always work though.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 22, 2008
i got one on my car in UK costs about 1800 dhs plus fitting - it even interferes with handheld lasers - it jams their gun/signal for 8 seconds enough time to slow and before they have to retake a reading - they just get an error message so they dont know they are being jammed

8)
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
Ah but parts of SHK Zayed road are 100Kms limit not 120.

If the traffic all went at the same speed it would never get anywhere. It's the morons sitting idling along in the second lane that irritate me, move over you road hogs!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Ah but parts of SHK Zayed road are 100Kms limit not 120.

If the traffic all went at the same speed it would never get anywhere. It's the morons sitting idling along in the second lane that irritate me, move over you road hogs!

what you driving nowadays chocs?
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
Heres a novel idea:

Why not get a bunch of cops, put em in cars, and tell them to start pulling over people who drive like A$$HOLES!
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2008
Still the Pajero Arnie.

Nah cops? Pull people over? You have to be kidding! They drive like idiots at the best of times. I was tailgated by an off duty one the other week, boy did I give him hell.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 22, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Still the Pajero Arnie.

Nah cops? Pull people over? You have to be kidding! They drive like idiots at the best of times. I was tailgated by an off duty one the other week, boy did I give him hell.

You are Jane from Jumeirah...who drives a 'Pajerah'!

The cops don't dare pull people over. They have no idea who the driver could be (particularly if its someone who thinks they are important) and then they would lose their jobs as most of them are Egyptian or Yemeni.

Its only the officers and CID who are local.

Not only that the cars the locals drive are a little bit faster than the standard issue cop-o-matic.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008

you need a pink ford mustang or GT - think of your image chocs

:P
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
arniegang wrote:

You are behind the times, she could only be seen in a blacked out, jacked up, stacked up, lit up, blingggged up, pimped up Escalade!
Its the weapon of choice for the Jumeirah beach Road these days.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
Car driving to fast here right.

But what about the truck.

Today on Emirates roda 80km/h allowed me driving 95-100km/h (I know it is to fast)

but then a truck came overtake me so what is this?
Matthias_
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2008
Matthias_ wrote:
but then a truck came overtake me so what is this?

Its a large vehicle going too fast...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
arniegang wrote:

You are behind the times, she could only be seen in a blacked out, jacked up, stacked up, lit up, blingggged up, pimped up Escalade!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Nahhhhhhh, last week i saw a hummer in a petrol station on the beach road with 24 inch yup 24 inch chromed wheels. I mean phew........ you needed a step ladder to get init.
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
arniegang wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:
arniegang wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Nahhhhhhh, last week i saw a hummer in a petrol station on the beach road with 24 inch yup 24 inch chromed wheels. I mean phew........ you needed a step ladder to get init.

Well you would. Your arse drags on the floor anyway!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
this is true

:cry: :cry:
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
here's a good suggestion. Strict traffic rules, 1 year in prisonment, for minor offenses, and life time inprisonment for the serious offenses, and PLEASE, I will ask, dont give lisence to INDIAN and PAKISTAN, they are the one who does lots of road accident...
Xyler
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 22, 2008
Xyler wrote:here's a good suggestion. Strict traffic rules, 1 year in prisonment, for minor offenses, and life time inprisonment for the serious offenses, and PLEASE, I will ask, dont give lisence to INDIAN and PAKISTAN, they are the one who does lots of road accident...

Sh!t man, you're crazy!
The problem isnt the rules, they are already strict (2500 dhs for jumping a red light), just enforce them in a way people cant get around (i.e. something other than cameras, they dont work, people learn where they are and they cant get you unless you're in the left most two lane)
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2008
good reply Max

it would help if one were to see more than one police car in a week on the SZR as well
arniegang

Sep 22, 2008
arniegang wrote:good reply Max

it would help if one were to see more than one police car in a week on the SZR as well

What would it matter? As people have said they don't do anything unless you actually crash into them.

I've passed cops at 160+ and they don't blink an eye.

Funny speeding story: I was on SZR once and a cop sped past in the fast lane with his sirens on doing probably 160 (in the 120/100 zones) and immediately two porsches who were driving with the rest of the traffic just floored it took off after the cop. They sat and tailgated him, 2-3 metres behind, until they were all out of my sight. They were safe because the Dubai cameras shoot towards your front, so they would just get the cop. Bloody hilarious.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 23, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:
arniegang wrote:good reply Max

What would it matter? As people have said they don't do anything unless you actually crash into them.

I've passed cops at 160+ and they don't blink an eye.

Funny speeding story: I was on SZR once and a cop sped past in the fast lane with his sirens on doing probably 160 (in the 120/100 zones) and immediately two porsches who were driving with the rest of the traffic just floored it took off after the cop. They sat and tailgated him, 2-3 metres behind, until they were all out of my sight. They were safe because the Dubai cameras shoot towards your front, so they would just get the cop. Bloody hilarious.

Yup! I have seen a Shelby Mustang tailgating an ambulance through Bur Dubai. Jumping red lights, dodging through the queues everything!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
that's what im saying, not only 2500 dhs fined, INPRISONMENT for 1 or 2 years even if it is only jumping for red light, and if they does serious accident resulting to injury or death, LIFETIME INPRISONMENT, coz 2500 dhs is still affordable coz mostly people got really serious accident is a rich people..
Xyler
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat