Dubai Is Not SAME For Every1.. It Sucks

Topic locked
Dubai is not SAME for every1.. it sucks Dec 26, 2005
Dont you think that some times life here in dubai looks so fake.. so plastic.. ppl say dubai rocks.. but not for all.. wht do u think?

Ryan
Dubai Forum User

Dec 26, 2005
Actually Dubai is not fake as plastic...its all paper cut...completely fake, it does suck!
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 26, 2005
the world has very high expectation to Dubai
they must live-up to the word ARTIFICIAL
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 26, 2005
it depends if u r here for a long time..........i am here since childhood yeah dubai gets boring because of traffic issues and all that shit........but if u are here since childhood u get used 2 it......its the same thing if i fly to london and try 2 settle over there....i l get bored over there.........
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2005
Wow talk about slating! Dubai has alot going for it, but is trying to do too much too fast. It's pretty cool you have to admit, sure there are problems but doesn't every big city have those. It'll all fall into line sooner or later. Probably later when all the expats have left because they can't afford the rents and the labourers have downed tools and all gone home because they haven't been paid. Sad, but possibly true.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 27, 2005
well i am not actually talking abt problems we r facing here but talking abt life style or competition in making money.. having a nice car.. gals... n above all humanity.. every s loosing respect for eachother.. its not im some kinda gr8 human.. but jst an observation... every1 living in his own life... they dont care who s crying.. who dying n who s even next door...
i got a big circle in dubai but its not the real life style.. all fake.. may b im wrong but its not wht i v seen in life... im sorry coz ppl who r living here for yrs will get angry.. but ...
n e ways.. thanx for ur quote...
Chocoholic wrote:Wow talk about slating! Dubai has alot going for it, but is trying to do too much too fast. It's pretty cool you have to admit, sure there are problems but doesn't every big city have those. It'll all fall into line sooner or later. Probably later when all the expats have left because they can't afford the rents and the labourers have downed tools and all gone home because they haven't been paid. Sad, but possibly true.
Ryan
Dubai Forum User

Dec 27, 2005
well again.. its not abt adjusting somewhere we dont know enough.. its jst the feelings n emotions inside.. its not real.. every1 s running after mirage.. n ofcourse no1 can reach it... may b 2 hard to admit but life rocks but every1 s inner is dying n no one can see it... believe me...
aduberdu wrote:it depends if u r here for a long time..........i am here since childhood yeah dubai gets boring because of traffic issues and all that shit........but if u are here since childhood u get used 2 it......its the same thing if i fly to london and try 2 settle over there....i l get bored over there.........
Ryan
Dubai Forum User

Dec 27, 2005
It's because many people here live the transcient lifestyle, here for a few years then off somewhere else so they don't really care. But that is changing, people are staying here longer and starting to make more of a contribution.

It is changing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 27, 2005
Ryan wrote:well again.. its not abt adjusting somewhere we dont know enough.. its jst the feelings n emotions inside.. its not real.. every1 s running after mirage.. n ofcourse no1 can reach it... may b 2 hard to admit but life rocks but every1 s inner is dying n no one can see it... believe me...
aduberdu wrote:it depends if u r here for a long time..........i am here since childhood yeah dubai gets boring because of traffic issues and all that shit........but if u are here since childhood u get used 2 it......its the same thing if i fly to london and try 2 settle over there....i l get bored over there.........

yeah times have changed. There used to be less competition and ppl would have enough time to socialize. Expats from western countries are pouring in, there is heavy competition going on. Cost of living increasing, pay rate remaining the same. I get what u mean.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 27, 2005
I think it is a great place to live compared with other places we've been there are a great bunch of people around and less transient than most other expat working destinations where turn over is every 2 to 3 years.You find quite a few people have been here for their working lifetime thus far. All expat communties have their wannabes that are living the life they could never possibly imagine or dream of if they were at home (but they still whine and whinge....about things like service and what is available etc). Just don't mix with those sort of people! The cost of living is quite low and there is no hardship here-medical is great and you can get everything you want here-you can also do what you want...a lot of natural wonders to explore and enough shopping malls to keep the die-hard shopoholics occupied. Sure you meet people who are snobs and the pretenders but if you are secure in yourself and know who you are it shouldn't matter. Be happy within yourself and your own circle of friends! :D
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 27, 2005
Hey all,

Me thinks every place has its own set of problems, Dubai is making it big on the international arena so definately there will be a few problems here and there. But i guess one has to live with it. Competition - i agree the pay scales are not upto the mark i would say,but if you know what you want even that is enuff i say.

Traffic YES thats a big issue so kinda unsure whether i shud buy a car and add to the agony of thousands of commuters out there or rather look for a place really close to my work place so i can walk down.

Apart from that i like the place , though many people live in their own world, i am satisfied with the set of people i know. Rather i would say i have learned to be satisfied with what i have.:)

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 27, 2005
the best thing you said is you have learned how to be satisfied.. every1 s doing the same.. but thats whti said... its not the real things..
chao
Jeevan wrote:Hey all,

Me thinks every place has its own set of problems, Dubai is making it big on the international arena so definately there will be a few problems here and there. But i guess one has to live with it. Competition - i agree the pay scales are not upto the mark i would say,but if you know what you want even that is enuff i say.

Traffic YES thats a big issue so kinda unsure whether i shud buy a car and add to the agony of thousands of commuters out there or rather look for a place really close to my work place so i can walk down.

Apart from that i like the place , though many people live in their own world, i am satisfied with the set of people i know. Rather i would say i have learned to be satisfied with what i have.:)

Cheers,

Jerry
Ryan
Dubai Forum User

Dec 27, 2005
traffic is one horrible thing i hate here. as well as lack of lush green places and rains - but otherwise, its a good place to live - relatively crime free.
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 30, 2005
Why does everyone winge about traffic - Has anyone on here tried driving in London , New York, Cairo, Tokoyo etc between 7-10am and 4-7 pm ?-

Wellcome to the real world Dubai, it goes to show that Dubai is fast becoming similar to other major cities around the world.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2005
my friend in all these cities there is a faster option of public transport like trains...but here you are stuck on your car seat and forced to go through hell...no other option
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 31, 2005
Actually it isn't really a bad place to drive- I think you have to choose your house/apt close to everything to take into account that extra 30 minutes you may have to spend on the road because of some holiday, accident, road works or special event that holds up the traffic. There is a rail system going to be built and completed by 2010 (or am I starting a rumour!!) You have to admit that the infrastucture here-roads over passes etc are fantastic and well laid out for a place that is growing at lightning speed.
Just an aside, I stood in line waiting to go into Ski Dubai where an expat infront of me whined about the cost of entering the Ski Park (adults Dh50 and kids Dh40.....hmmmmmm how much is that in pounds??? Me thinks not much!!) and that expats should get a discount :shock: and his other comments about a place that has obviously given him the lifestyle he enjoys.....my eldest daughter whispered to me "He is very rude"!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 31, 2005
GAB wrote:Just an aside, I stood in line waiting to go into Ski Dubai where an expat infront of me whined about the cost of entering the Ski Park (adults Dh50 and kids Dh40.....hmmmmmm how much is that in pounds??? Me thinks not much!!) and that expats should get a discount :shock: and his other comments about a place that has obviously given him the lifestyle he enjoys.....my eldest daughter whispered to me "He is very rude"!

Well there goes the saying "one man's meat is other man's poison" . Well that expat must be earning low income so he is entitled to his opinion
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 31, 2005
I luv this city. Different ppl differnt experiences :D
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 31, 2005
you know wats really fucked up in dubai ... the women ... and u know why they got such big heads an attitudes up in this place is cause of the fools ... i mean in other countries when the guy is driving some 70000$ car an he rich the women be running after him an want to give it up to him .. but here u see an asshole livin it up but still running after the women damnn they stupid .. so now these women here think they got some diamond punani with honey juices drippin of there clits an they walk around like they something .....

thats why weneva i hustle a ho' i feel sorry for the fools cause they always gettin hustled...

so if any of u assholes need any lessons on how to play the game contact me i shall school u to the rules of the game ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 31, 2005
Wrong assumption sniper420- he was a person who could well afford it obviously-loud, obnoxious, one of his phrases was "these people have no business sense"-so my guess is racist too! He also abused the Security Guard approximately 2 inches from his face for questioning his wife who walked through the exit to get to the front counter to pay. Nice!! Which he did in front of his visitors from "home"-bet they were impressed! I agree it would be expensive for some expats on lower wages and maybe there should be discounts for those people through the showing of some sort of card. In places like Vietnam a local will pay a lot less for entering the zoo than say a foreigner/expat/tourist (and so they shpould when you know what their daily income is but I've heard expats complain saying it is unfair)-people like this guy would never be happy anyway, even if it was for free.
Any real woman knows Jamal in the bigger and the more expensive the car sits a man who uses phrases like "it's not the length of the wand but the magic in it" or "it is not the size of the ship but the motion in the ocean" :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 02, 2006
yea exactly wat im trying to say GAB .. wish the women here knew that .. but since they dont they keep on gettin played 8)
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 02, 2006
Well I would be ashmed to see someone acting in such a manner and would bloody well go and tell them to sort their act out - I do it quite alot, I won't tolerate people being rude.

50Dhs is about 7.50 Pounds. Bloody cheap! It would cost at least 20 Pounds to go to a dry ski slope in the UK - what a moron!

Some women here have no shame, everyone knows a guy with a big car, boat, whatever is just compensating for his lack of other things. Losers, I hate people that flash the cash, nothing's a bigger turn off to me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 02, 2006
Its dirt cheap this Ski Dubai... Go to Canada and see what skiing really costs on even the crappiest of "hills" with rocks jutting out just waiting to impail your head should you fall...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 02, 2006
i think expensive is a relative term. 50 dhs may not be a big amount for you coz you are coming from places where purchasing power parity is very high as compared to dirhams...but for people from south asian countries it might be too high...people can have 10 meals in that amount in India and pakistan!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2006
awww people stop moaning and just get on with it :lol:
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 07, 2006
cadmus wrote:i think expensive is a relative term. 50 dhs may not be a big amount for you coz you are coming from places where purchasing power parity is very high as compared to dirhams...but for people from south asian countries it might be too high...people can have 10 meals in that amount in India and pakistan!

exactly well said :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai is not SAME for every1.. it sucks Jan 09, 2006
Ryan wrote:Dont you think that some times life here in dubai looks so fake.. so plastic.. ppl say dubai rocks.. but not for all.. wht do u think?

I totally agree ryan. Unbelievable social pressure to be 'cool' and look rich. People are living beyond their means.. everyone seems to be an elitist. It's all fake.
hussam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 10, 2006
Every place is the same but "social pressure"....gosh, I thought we all left that behind in the school yard. It is a fact of life that someone will always have more than you but it would be really shallow to live beyond you means and stupid too, just to compete. Just be happy with your lot. I think I am getting old!! I am at that stage in life where it is basically you get what you see, take it or leave it. Friendships are based on personalities and not commodities- my friends have a wide range of everything-race, religion, socio-economic "standing", age etc- isn't "variety is the spice of life" ?
Must dash, just taking delivery of the new Hummer, sure beats the neighbours Armada, don't you think?? :roll:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 10, 2006
well the germans are making a train from jumeriah to burj dubai and it will be done by 2006, and also there are other roads you can take besidses sheik zayed road, and honetly i wouldnt mind the traffic, if i lived in a great place such as dubia but unfortunalty im living in usa and im so pissd every day. for some reason i feel depressed and i cant get out of this hole
baba90
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2006
baba90 wrote:well the germans are making a train from jumeriah to burj dubai and it will be done by 2006, and also there are other roads you can take besidses sheik zayed road, and honetly i wouldnt mind the traffic, if i lived in a great place such as dubia but unfortunalty im living in usa and im so pissd every day. for some reason i feel depressed and i cant get out of this hole

The grass is always greeener on the OTHER side mate..
jag
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat