Will I Pass As Middle Eastern?

Topic locked
May 27, 2008
29 replies for this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
god ...god ..please god..

what a forum
what a forum :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

May 27, 2008
^So overall is Dubai a nice place. Are you native or there to earn money to leave? Are you guys retired? Do you live in this luxury? Is it nice living in a country with preconceived stereotypes? I know there are stereotypes everywhere but you guys make it appear more extreme in Dubai.

I'm a simple humble person myself. Yeah I don't want to be seen as a maid or prostitute nor would they be my circle of friends but I have had lunch and chatted with maids and strippers. They're humans. Would Dubai turn me into a classist snob? Not that I have lots of money but you guys are making me think I'd be better off retiring in Mexico, Uruguay or the guess where? The Philippines. LOL :lol: 8)
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2008
dubai beat wrote:29 replies for this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a forum

well it gives you a sight of the members Mentality , doesn't it ?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
firefingers

May 28, 2008
firefingers wrote:
dubai beat wrote:29 replies for this case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a forum

well it gives you a sight of the members Mentality , doesn't it ?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Well thank you Dubai Beat and Firefingers for adding to the replies and joining the 'mentality.' Yes it's more profound to discuss the return of necklacing in South Africa or the new Fascist mayor of Rome but from time to time, life welcomes us to lighten up and take 2 minutes out of our lives to ponder on frivolous questions like ' Do the majority of Filipinos look like they are Spanish, French, English, Irish, Norwegian, and Lithuanian mixes?' :P :blah5:
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2008
UD, good post, and yes it's very difficult to change people perceptions, particularly here.

But also lets face it, Americans in general don't really have a good rep either particularly in this part of the world. One of my best friends who is from Chicago (he's left Dubai now) was always getting flack from people saying that Yanks are uneducated, unworldly, arrogant and ignorant when it comes to what is happening outside their own backyard - thing is, he tended to agree with them!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 28, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:UD, good post, and yes it's very difficult to change people perceptions, particularly here.

But also lets face it, Americans in general don't really have a good rep either particularly in this part of the world. One of my best friends who is from Chicago (he's left Dubai now) was always getting flack from people saying that Yanks are uneducated, unworldly, arrogant and ignorant when it comes to what is happening outside their own backyard - thing is, he tended to agree with them!

particularly here !!! particularly in this part of the world !! what is this ? and you call us racist and discriminate ? this part of the world is paying your as* to live doesn't it ? I don't see you complaining about it ? or is it when it comes to money you forget about manners and believes ?
I don't know how you ppl live in a country that or among a society the you disagree with all it's or their believes !! you are the reason behind us treating you like slaves , bcz you only value your self with money not anything else.

You should be thanking god you are in this part of the world grandma .
firefingers

May 28, 2008
Firefingers, I'm trying to decide if you're trying to deliberately get a response by trying to be contraversial or if you're just an ignorant arse............................ oh, hud on, I've got it................... yer an erse :roll:
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2008
CVB wrote:Firefingers, I'm trying to decide if you're trying to deliberately get a response by trying to be contraversial or if you're just an ignorant arse............................ oh, hud on, I've got it................... yer an erse :roll:

I am being ignorant actually, this is how you low class ppl are and the only language you guys understand .
By the way where is that ian guy ? I use to love getting on his nerve.
firefingers

May 28, 2008
FF, why don't you stop and think about other aspects and think outside the box for once?! I meant 'this part of the world' because of Americas 'invasion' er Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait etc etc etc. You see you're so nuclear, YOU don't even look at what's happening in your 'brother' countries - pffff!

Also stop moaning and complaining, I don't see you complaining about all the things our sultures and societies have brought to your country and that you enjoy! Don't forget that mate! Without us, all of us, you'd be nothing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 28, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:
puppypup wrote:^Oh really when Bjork visits Arab countries is asked to dust or offered a price since she looks just like a 'pure' Filipino? :roll:

BTW I like Bjork

Theres a perfectly good explanation to this. When this place was like sand and nothing and probably the most developed place was Deira. It was like mostly the sub continent asians like Indians and pakistani were here and very few white expats.

Now most of these asians used to work in these locals homes and what not and plus their own shops and small companies and all. So when their kids are being brought up they see that asians are lower class people as in they work around the house and what not.

Its also for us asians to blame cuz the locals here were very polite and all but we screwed it because example a local wants to build a company where he will hire 200 workers so for each 200 workers provide 200 rooms with all the amneties but we went like why do that shove 10 people in one room and make it 50 to 100 rooms. So when locals saw that their profit was good they internally screwed us.

Then there was a shift towards the furture when they started off with projects like Burj Al Arab. Locals started kicking out asians out of the government job sector and all other places cuz they suddenly realised they were smart. They started to hire most asians in low wages which was initially difficult to live by and then filipinoes started to pour in as in filipinoes working for half the price and producing the same result. And most philipinoes were into the low class job like maids and even whores and waitresses and what not. So locals think that they are not worth it or something. And the worst part is locals never suffered like we asians are doing.

But on the other hand while this was being done they saw the white expats like American's, Australians, British etc. Now the media did play a big role also like movies and what not. When they saw all the glitz and galmour they thought thats life. Like buyin a nice new car and they often think that the white expats are good cuz they are educated people. And you will be surprised to find how many uneducated people as in without a degree come here and is ur manager or ceo.

So thats the thing. U might be an american or from any place but to change their mentality towards it is like finding the formula for world peace. Cuz they never face any problems or been through any problems because most of them are filled with luxury which even the white expats find it difficult to get it back home in their country.

Woooow you figured it out by your self hah.

You always blame others for your failures and your governments , everyone got to fall down ones , it doesn’t matter, what matter is how fast you get up, stop blaming and pointing fingers, no one is interested about you or what happened to you, I'm sorry but this is a fact, so move one toward your goals , don't be stock with the nonsense you just said, every ones know it is not true, at least most of it.

Home work for
You explain to me this or dumpy chocoholic why is it if this country is this much bad in all aspects as you guys clam and your ppl has such a bad history here, and this is just in today newspaper .. an %100 increase compared to last year of working visas issued to your part of the world ? that’s 640,000 visa , my god. Answer this question and prove you are right for ones. I bet there wont be an answer.

This country has saved 1000's of families all over your countries by making jobs available for you not to mention the billions of donations sent there, schools, hospitals and comunties non of all this you should be thankful too ?, but do you guys care ? no , all you care about is your self, you will never think beyond.

Then there was a shift towards the furture when they started off with projects like Burj Al Arab. Locals started kicking out asians out of the government job sector and all other places cuz they suddenly realised they were smart.
Sorry but never Asians worked in government jobs.. that’s a fact.

locals locals locals, why don't you look at it for our point of view ? the crimes immegrent caused murders, drugs smugling, moeny lundries ...
and locals has the right to get their won country jobs no matter when, how or why, don't we ?
firefingers

May 28, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:
puppypup wrote:^Oh really when Bjork visits Arab countries is asked to dust or offered a price since she looks just like a 'pure' Filipino? :roll:

BTW I like Bjork

Theres a perfectly good explanation to this. When this place was like sand and nothing and probably the most developed place was Deira. It was like mostly the sub continent asians like Indians and pakistani were here and very few white expats.

Now most of these asians used to work in these locals homes and what not and plus their own shops and small companies and all. So when their kids are being brought up they see that asians are lower class people as in they work around the house and what not.

Its also for us asians to blame cuz the locals here were very polite and all but we screwed it because example a local wants to build a company where he will hire 200 workers so for each 200 workers provide 200 rooms with all the amneties but we went like why do that shove 10 people in one room and make it 50 to 100 rooms. So when locals saw that their profit was good they internally screwed us.

Then there was a shift towards the furture when they started off with projects like Burj Al Arab. Locals started kicking out asians out of the government job sector and all other places cuz they suddenly realised they were smart. They started to hire most asians in low wages which was initially difficult to live by and then filipinoes started to pour in as in filipinoes working for half the price and producing the same result. And most philipinoes were into the low class job like maids and even whores and waitresses and what not. So locals think that they are not worth it or something. And the worst part is locals never suffered like we asians are doing.

But on the other hand while this was being done they saw the white expats like American's, Australians, British etc. Now the media did play a big role also like movies and what not. When they saw all the glitz and galmour they thought thats life. Like buyin a nice new car and they often think that the white expats are good cuz they are educated people. And you will be surprised to find how many uneducated people as in without a degree come here and is ur manager or ceo.

So thats the thing. U might be an american or from any place but to change their mentality towards it is like finding the formula for world peace. Cuz they never face any problems or been through any problems because most of them are filled with luxury which even the white expats find it difficult to get it back home in their country.

You always blame others for your failures and your governments , everyone got to fall down ones , it doesn’t matter, what matter is how fast you get up, stop blaming and pointing fingers, no one is interested about you or what happened to you, I'm sorry but this is a fact, so move one toward your goals , don't be stock with the nonsense you just said, every ones know it is not true, at least most of it.

Home work for
You explain to me this or dumpy chocoholic why is it if this country is this much bad in all aspects as you guys clam and your ppl has such a bad history here, and this is just in today newspaper .. an %100 increase compared to last year of working visas issued to your part of the world ? that’s 640,000 visa , my god. Answer this question and prove you are right for ones. I bet there wont be an answer.

This country has saved 1000's of families all over your countries by making jobs available for you not to mention the billions of donations sent there, schools, hospitals and comunties non of all this you should be thankful too ?, but do you guys care ? no , all you care about is your self, you will never think beyond.

Then there was a shift towards the furture when they started off with projects like Burj Al Arab. Locals started kicking out asians out of the government job sector and all other places cuz they suddenly realised they were smart.

locals locals locals, why don't you look at it for our point of view ? the crimes immegrent caused murders, drugs smugling, moeny lundries ...
and locals has the right to get their won country jobs no matter when, how or why, don't we ?
firefingers

May 29, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:FF, why don't you stop and think about other aspects and think outside the box for once?! I meant 'this part of the world' because of Americas 'invasion' er Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait etc etc etc. You see you're so nuclear, YOU don't even look at what's happening in your 'brother' countries - pffff!

Also stop moaning and complaining, I don't see you complaining about all the things our sultures and societies have brought to your country and that you enjoy! Don't forget that mate! Without us, all of us, you'd be nothing.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
your societies is nothing but a bunch of drunks , homelessness and corrupted gov officials and , rest are in prostitution businesses , don't mix your lazy as* with global companies that we fund dear, check your facts.

And even when your societies brought us stuff , they didn't bring it out of their kindness but bcz we are the target market that can pays for it, again a case of us slaving you guys.

Regarding your so called sutures were sent here for the interest of your gov in oil, not for the love of us and no one can deny that, again a case of you being slaved for your country loards businesses interest. how dum are you ? or is it the media effect on your small brain being washed?

Could your countries developed or got the tech and got industrial revolution without our oil dear ? no , you will still be farming and raising pigs .
You guys are worthless with out us.

Next….
firefingers

May 29, 2008
firefingers wrote:Sorry but never Asians worked in government jobs.. that’s a fact.

Wow, you know even less about your own government than expats do. I have tons of relatives in government jobs here. You know, the complicated engineering jobs that retards like you can't comprehend doing.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 29, 2008
firefingers wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:

BTW I like Bjork

Home work for

Hey who denies the locals of their rights!! We never implied that dont bloody go off the topic. Locals sure they did whatever they could. Fire fingers come and work in a 3 to 5 grand job and live ur days then talk about what life is all about. Oh sure they did give us so good jobs and what not but listen u feather a local get payes thrice than the normal Indian in dubai.

No bloody local is gonna do a labourers job or catch a bus to work or even clean his own toilet or even live in sharing with another person or do what we can do. U think life is that easy!! It's not!!

And for ur kind f.u.ckin info . My dad is the deputee manager for distribution and planning department in D.E.W.A. He came to U.A.E. in 1979. If u think ur so dam right about no asians were in government sectors then I suggest u get ur history lesson straight about each and every government sector since it was formed.

And yes ur so called thing about people getting jobs and what not is because our country is not in a state to provide us what we require so we are bound to do it. Dont forget the building that u sit in with ur central AC and not to mention the tiles on the floor, the electrical work, the plumbing and not to mention the high toilet seat where u actually sit ur ass to take a dump and each and everything besides ur money and ur life is built or installed by asians.

So u can take u big bloody ego and shove it up where the sun don't shine!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2008
gtmash wrote:
firefingers wrote:Sorry but never Asians worked in government jobs.. that’s a fact.

Wow, you know even less about your own government than expats do. I have tons of relatives in government jobs here. You know, the complicated engineering jobs that retards like you can't comprehend doing.

Why do I smell autocad or microstation!! hehe
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Why do I smell autocad or microstation!! hehe

you have a homework , and you are late !! read posts on top.
firefingers

May 29, 2008
FF, my god you are hysterical, it really seems you know even less about what goes on in your own country than the rest of the world. I could tell you things that happen here with people in power that would make your hair stand on end! And trust me it goes allllll the way to the top!

Stop being so precious!

I do agree with you on the point that allowing so many people in from other places is the contributing factor to more crime and what not, however that's the price you pay for wanting cheap labour and expecting people from other places to do the job, which clearly YOU are not capable of doing.

Oh trust me when I say that many of us are taking full advantage of you! I love this place! I suits me and I'm using and abusing you - get used to it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 29, 2008
Ok ppl , I was just doing a research on the net about the uneducated and unemployment rate in Philippine and India, and you guys have enough problems as it is so I will stop picking on you guys in this forum. God.

Chocoholic, I know I'm pissing everyone here and I have my reasons, most of the statements point finger at us even though locals are being effected with everything going on here.

It seems that no one believes that all countries are connected some how to each other and that every country is in need of the other services or products, we are living in a harsh global system that we have to suit our lives with and flow with it, not point figures and blame it to a specific reason, find solutions not problems that will hold you back from your future.

It will be endless if we keep fighting with no benefits or goal, let's just agree that this country is enough and fits all of us, and for us Muslims, there is no deferent between black and white poor or rich , god created earth for human kinds not for locals or Indians. Lets stand hand in hand for a better world. We are together wither we like it or not so lets make the best of it.

You have local friends and I had foreigners friends all my life , I admit they contributed a lot in building this country for the benefits of both sides and this relation will keep going for ever, UAE became a global spot and succeeded in passing by all boundaries and world conflicts regardless of economic and political aspects , and it is all because of a perfect planning and best people in their fields .

Some members of this forum is taking an advantage of it to spread hate among us with no ground to stand in in most cases and always use locals, yes there are local assholes (like me) some with attitude and others with racists , but it’s a personality issue that should not be applied on all of us, and most of the topics use "locals" not "some locals" or "a local"
So be specific next time and present your case or opinion in modern dissection able way for us to discuss it like educated adults and come up with the best solution.

Disregard my old posts and replies for I didn’t mean them but to piss the guys off so I apologize , but we all have to agree in keeping this forum clean by discussing issues in a modern rational way, please.
firefingers

May 29, 2008
No worries hun, it's all good :D

You know my dream would be to go and live on a small island somewhere, away from all the crap, run a little coffee shop/cocktail bar on the beach, with my dogs and cats running around. To just laze the days away - ahhhh bliss!

Anyone care to join?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 29, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:No worries hun, it's all good :D

You know my dream would be to go and live on a small island somewhere, away from all the crap, run a little coffee shop/cocktail bar on the beach, with my dogs and cats running around. To just laze the days away - ahhhh bliss!

Anyone care to join?

I will as long as you wear a bikini and provide cocktail and anti-allergic pills for the cat fur for free..... an yeah sky sports
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

May 31, 2008
firefingers wrote:Ok ppl , I was just doing a research on the net about the uneducated and unemployment rate in Philippine and India, and you guys have enough problems as it is so I will stop picking on you guys in this forum. God.

Thank you. But for the record...
High unemployment rate, yes. That's why millions of us work somewhere else.
On the "uneducated rate" part, surely the UN knows its facts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate
:wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

May 31, 2008
puppypup wrote:I already mentioned I was from the States. So does any female have the 'hooker' reputation. I'm assuming the UAE natives don't but is everyone else 'hooker' reputation by default. Is it that bad for women?

Ayayayay,

Puppypup, What's wrong with you?
heroin
Dubai Forum Guest

May 31, 2008
heroin wrote:
puppypup wrote:I already mentioned I was from the States. So does any female have the 'hooker' reputation. I'm assuming the UAE natives don't but is everyone else 'hooker' reputation by default. Is it that bad for women?

Ayayayay,

Puppypup, What's wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me. I have good eyesight and have been exposed to people of various ethnicities and 'looks' unlike many in UAE.
Anyway why is your name 'heroin.' Isn't that a risque name?
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 02, 2008
pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

just ignore them and get on with your life.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2008
rudeboy wrote:pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

Are you Brit or from a Commonwealth nation? That was a short direct but diplomatic response. I guess I haven't reached that 'maturity' level. I want to 'educate' everyone. I have a friend who's Spanish but he gets mistaken for Hawaiian or Southeast Asian. He said in his youth he was often defensive but as he's gotten older, it doesn't bother him as much.
Maybe I won't tell people they're (obviously) dumb when I reach my 40s or 50s.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 04, 2008
puppypup wrote:
rudeboy wrote:pups i get it alot. some ppl think i m iraqi, irani or even emarati when i bloody aint even arab :D and oh when i m talking in english my accent just makes the ppl wonder where the hell am i from :D.

Are you Brit or from a Commonwealth nation? That was a short direct but diplomatic response. I guess I haven't reached that 'maturity' level. I want to 'educate' everyone. I have a friend who's Spanish but he gets mistaken for Hawaiian or Southeast Asian. He said in his youth he was often defensive but as he's gotten older, it doesn't bother him as much.

yeh am a brit citizen but minus your blonde hair and blue eyes :D. just get on with your life and let the dogs bark
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 12, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
puppypup wrote:

yeh am a brit citizen but minus your blonde hair and blue eyes :D. just get on with your life and let the dogs bark

You British? Get real...I never would have thought that. :D

Your overall responses denote an identity crisis like Pupperdipoopz :lol:
Also a minority in the good ol' empire....neglected by globalisation?

Need an island? :lol: :wink: :lol:

bark bark 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 13, 2009
Robby, get real. When was the last time U visited, let' say, Manchester? Second generation of "brits" doesn't speak english. I'll give U a pound for every pair of light eyes Ull see there - it won't break my budget.
Leda
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:No worries hun, it's all good :D

Anyone care to join?

Hey Chocs, You've changed so much since you wrote that post( May 2008)!
We want old chocs back :D Any one else agree?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 13, 2009
Leda wrote:Robby, get real. When was the last time U visited, let' say, Manchester? Second generation of "brits" doesn't speak english. I'll give U a pound for every pair of light eyes Ull see there - it won't break my budget.

Allright, I stand corrected 8)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat