No Freedom For Buddhists In Dubai

Topic locked
No freedom for Buddhists in Dubai May 24, 2008
I was in Dubai for a week and all my Sri Lankan friends tell me that Muslims do not allow any religious freedom for Buddhists in Dubai. They will not allow a single Buddhist temple here.

In Sri Lanka there are thousands of Muslim mosques. They scream the Muslim religion every day morning from loud speakers disturbing all of us. We allow that. I have started to campaign in Sri Lanka to reduce the religious freedom for Muslims in Sri Lanka.

I was in England and many western countries and the religious freedom is very good.

I will never visit a Arab country again!!

ruwan
Dubai Forum User

Re: No freedom for Buddhists in Dubai May 24, 2008
ruwan wrote: I will never visit a Arab country again!!

I'm glad to hear that, who gives a dime if you do or you don't?
Habib
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 24, 2008
Is there anything good about you people?
ruwan
Dubai Forum User

May 25, 2008
None whatsoever, why did you bother to ask?
Habib
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2008
UAE relief and support projects in Sri Lanka underway
posted on 05/04/2007
Colombo - The UAE is always among the first countries to send relief aid to Tsunami victims in Sri Lanka, said today Sri Lankan Minister of Labour Relations and Manpower Athauda Senaviratne.

The Sri Lankan Minister said his country is grateful to the UAE people and leadership for their support to the reconstruction and rehabilitation of infrastructure in affected areas.

He said the UAE is now implementing vital health, education, social services and housing projects in those areas. The Sri Lankan Minister made his remarks yesterday at a visit to the headquarters of the UAE Red Crescent Society -RCS- in Abu Dhabi.

http://www.uaeinteract.com/docs/UAE_rel ... /24696.htm

http://www.uaeinteract.com/docs/RC_Team ... /19352.htm

Building ‘Sheikh Khalifa City’ in Banda Aceh :

http://www.humanitarianinfo.org/sumatra ... 150206.pdf
hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 25, 2008
People full of hatred will not recognize any good you do to them. Anyway, we expect no "Thank You" from no one save "Allah" [swt].
Habib
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 25, 2008
Well...Thanks for sending food relief. Most of the food relief coming from Arab countries distributed thru mosques.

I dont think Arabs will ever allow a single Buddhist temple or Hindu temple in Arab countries. We allow Arabs build mosques where ever they want.

You guys are a smarter race and we Buddhists and Hindus are a stupid race. We never learn. Its a compliment for you guys.
ruwan
Dubai Forum User

May 25, 2008
ruwan wrote: You guys are a smarter race and we Buddhists and Hindus are a stupid race. We never learn. Its a compliment for you guys.

You said it, not us. You may hang on to such an opinion for as long as you live.
Habib
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 26, 2008
My comment
"Arabs are a smarter than Indians and Sri Lankans".

I did not mean in a sarcastic way. I meant it.

Think this way...

1) Arab belong to Arabs and Islam.

Foreigners who come to Arab countries are not allowed to practice their religion. Thats a very smart thing to do. That way you guys protect your religion.

India belong to Hindus and Sri Lanka belong to Buddhists.

But we have forgotten that. Arabs are also making claims for India and Sri Lanka. And we allow that.

Who is smart....Arabs. Period.
ruwan
Dubai Forum User

May 26, 2008
There are at least 31 Christian churches in the country built on land donated by the ruling families of the emirates in which they are located. There are two Hindu temples operating in rented commercial buildings in Dubai, one of which is used by Sikhs as well. Sikhs and Hindus living in Abu Dhabi also practice their religion in private homes. Four emirates are home to parochial Christian primary and secondary schools. The Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the Emirate of Dubai donated land for Christian cemeteries, and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi donated land for a Bahá'í cemetery. There are two operating cremation facilities and associated cemeteries for the Hindu community, one in Abu Dhabi and one in Dubai.

People of all religious beliefs in UAE can enjoy a lot of religious autonomy and personal freedom.
hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 26, 2008
To Hifriend223

You are right. There is a Sikh temple in Dubai. May be Buddhists are too lazy.

I feel much better now. I will tell my friends to stop complaining and apply for a permit as the Sikhs did.

Tolerance is always better than non tolerance.

http://www.allaboutsikhs.com/gurudwaras ... dubai.html
ruwan
Dubai Forum User

May 26, 2008
Hi ruwan ,

I have visited The Hindu Temple in Dubai in the celebration of Dewali .

The Hindu Temple is located west of the Dubai Creek in the area of Bur Dubai (specifically Al Bastakiya) and is adjacent to Al Fahidi Fort near the Dubai Museum . The temple is run in conjunction with the Indian consulate in Dubai; the temple also performs marriage ceremonies between Hindus.

Thanks
hifriend223
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 29, 2008
Hi friend...
Thanks for the info. Good o hear that other religions are allowed in Dubai. I have a different opinion now.

Thanks...

Good luck!
ruwan
Dubai Forum User

May 29, 2008
a shi8 like you should be a part of respectable budhism anyway, the same way a lot of shi8 should be part of islam, christianity, hinduism and judaism. people like you should voluntarily declare yourself as "Godless people " as you and others like you take your filth with you wherever you go and whatever you associate with.
shahrez
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums