Insects In Your Food Can Get You Discounts

Topic locked
Insects in your food can get you discounts Mar 25, 2008
I couldn't stop laughing at this article :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Society/10200171.html

quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 25, 2008
Should have charged more for extra ingredients.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 25, 2008
^ian^ wrote:Should have charged more for extra ingredients.

yeah extra for a crunchy cockroach :lol:

I still find it 25% too less for a bug in your food!!! last time I had the same situation I got the meal paid in full a 100% discount :)
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 25, 2008
quatroporte wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Should have charged more for extra ingredients.

yeah extra for a crunchy cockroach :lol:

I still find it 25% too less for a bug in your food!!! last time I had the same situation I got the meal paid in full a 100% discount :)

This is Dubai... I had a bottle of wine knocked over on me by accident... do you think they replaced the bottle?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 25, 2008
If I'd seen this on any country outside of UAE - i probably wouldn't have believed it.

However knowing the intelligence of service staff here, it makes perfect sense. Pretty funny though.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2008
I once sucked a cockroach from a straw while drinking my coke at Burger King. Silly me thinking it was just ice blocking the passage of that sweet nectar! Well when it got to my mouth I felt something was wrong, literally. It was all soft and I was thinking wtf? Why is there something soft in my fricken coke?! I spat it out and it was one of those small black cockroaches. I thanked them for the extra nutrients they have placed in my meal afterwards.
No, I didn't. But I did get a refund (fricken yay) and 3 free meals. Damn wonder how much I would have made if I was in the States.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 25, 2008
MC wrote:I once sucked a cockroach from a straw while drinking my coke at Burger King. Silly me thinking it was just ice blocking the passage of that sweet nectar! Well when it got to my mouth I felt something was wrong, literally. It was all soft and I was thinking wtf? Why is there something soft in my fricken coke?! I spat it out and it was one of those small black cockroaches.

the way you expressed it :sad3: made me ewwwww

you dont have to be so detailed :shock:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 25, 2008
MC wrote:I once sucked a cockroach from a straw while drinking my coke at Burger King. Silly me thinking it was just ice blocking the passage of that sweet nectar! Well when it got to my mouth I felt something was wrong, literally. It was all soft and I was thinking wtf? Why is there something soft in my fricken coke?! I spat it out and it was one of those small black cockroaches. I thanked them for the extra nutrients they have placed in my meal afterwards.
No, I didn't. But I did get a refund (fricken yay) and 3 free meals. Damn wonder how much I would have made if I was in the States.

Ooo that made me feel abit icky, i don't think i would want the free meals incase there was anything in them too.

I know this is Dubai and theres insects/bugs everywhere but i can't stand them crawling around let alone in my food.
little_miss_sunshine
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 25, 2008
this for sure goes the "only in dubai" section ... the waiter basically gave written proof to the customer that they had insects in there food. A lawyer can turn that receipt into lots of money ! :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 25, 2008
MC wrote:I once sucked a cockroach from a straw while drinking my coke at Burger King. Silly me thinking it was just ice blocking the passage of that sweet nectar! Well when it got to my mouth I felt something was wrong, literally. It was all soft and I was thinking wtf? Why is there something soft in my fricken coke?! I spat it out and it was one of those small black cockroaches. I thanked them for the extra nutrients they have placed in my meal afterwards.

:shock: :o ...Argggghhhh...yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 25, 2008
MaaaD wrote:this for sure goes the "only in dubai" section ... the waiter basically gave written proof to the customer that they had insects in there food. A lawyer can turn that receipt into lots of money ! :)

Haha yep keep the evidence. :)
little_miss_sunshine
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 25, 2008
MaaaD wrote:this for sure goes the "only in dubai" section ... the waiter basically gave written proof to the customer that they had insects in there food. A lawyer can turn that receipt into lots of money ! :)

great idea; but time consuming lol
losttheplot
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 25, 2008
So...I can put a bug in my food when I am almost finished with it, rant and rave and save a little doe?
Jozen-Bo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 26, 2008
Jozen-Bo wrote:So...I can put a bug in my food when I am almost finished with it, rant and rave and save a little doe?

You want to save a female deer? That is so thoughtful.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat