It Seems Impossible To Have A Serious Relation In Dubai?Why?

Topic locked
Feb 01, 2008
im a very social person, yet in the past almost one and a half years since ive been here i havent managed to build a single at least slightly close friendship with any female. have some male friends that i mostly made through my bf. so my best friend, my boyfriend, my girlfriend and family are all in one person. for which im very gratefull by the way, cos generally for a good relation you need luck, but here even more so.

and even thou its true, too many women to count run after only the money and passport, guys are no better when it comes to making an effort to have smthing genuine.

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 01, 2008
raidah wrote:my boyfriend, my girlfriend and family are all in one person.

Wow :shock:
bonk

Feb 01, 2008
:P
yeah, reading it over, i guess that does sound funny :lol: . with best friend and girl friend the idea kinda got repeated :lol:

anyways, who lives in dubai without any relatives knows just how important is to have smbody close to you.
raidah

Feb 01, 2008
raidah wrote:im a very social person, yet in the past almost one and a half years since ive been here i havent managed to build a single at least slightly close friendship with any female. have some male friends that i mostly made through my bf. so my best friend, my boyfriend, my girlfriend and family are all in one person. for which im very gratefull by the way, cos generally for a good relation you need luck, but here even more so.

and even thou its true, too many women to count run after only the money and passport, guys are no better when it comes to making an effort to have smthing genuine.

Thats strange.. but hey it also depends on whether u want to make friends or not isnt it? perhaps u r really not keen on making friends.. or say u are really happy to have all in one :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 02, 2008
People tends to search/look for love/relationship so hard that they all forgot to live their lives.....one need s to lighten up a bit...the more you search for it the more it becomes elusive....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 02, 2008
mr m u ll find ur angel on day mate. but dont expect her to be knocking on your door on ur msn or on this forum. What u go to do is? get out there and look for her. No1 will giver her to you on a plate like she was some sizzling dish, which I wish would happen :D. Just keep on trying you will find her mate. I suggest u join a gym or something or some club not the blooody night club like a sports club or something cos i really have doubts where u hanging around ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2008
Mr. M its too bad they closed Cyclone, my most meaningful relationships have been after meeting girls there !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 02, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
raidah wrote:im a very social person, yet in the past almost one and a half years since ive been here i havent managed to build a single at least slightly close friendship with any female. have some male friends that i mostly made through my bf. so my best friend, my boyfriend, my girlfriend and family are all in one person. for which im very gratefull by the way, cos generally for a good relation you need luck, but here even more so.

Thats strange.. but hey it also depends on whether u want to make friends or not isnt it? perhaps u r really not keen on making friends.. or say u are really happy to have all in one :)

im happy with what i have, thats not the point :) . the point is, maybe i just havent met girls with whom to "bond" with...or maybe i dont want to hang out too much with those who are too much after money and getting drunk in the bars. could it be im getting old? :shock: :lol:

i noticed by the way that because of the lack of girl friends here, typical female conversations start to irritate me... :roll: not that i would have ever been the girly type...
raidah

Feb 02, 2008
raidah wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

im happy with what i have, thats not the point :) . the point is, maybe i just havent met girls with whom to "bond" with...or maybe i dont want to hang out too much with those who are too much after money and getting drunk in the bars. could it be im getting old? :shock: :lol:

i noticed by the way that because of the lack of girl friends here, typical female conversations start to irritate me... :roll: not that i would have ever been the girly type...

hmm.. Is getting drunk a barrier to having good friendship? Or did i read it wrong?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 07, 2008
Sometimes people don't socialize properly and thats why they end up alone...

Get more involved in public activities... I personally find it easy to make friends in activities such as Aerobic Classes, Dance Classes, Photography sessions etc.

Things that you can find friends who share similar interests with you.

and as many said in this topic, make casual friends, be interesting and always look good...

honestly, you will find the opposite gender knooking your door :wink:

I dont expect to find "MY DREAM LOVE" in a club or on Facebook or MSN.

ohh one more thing, do your best to avoid relationships at the office... you dont want to be the center of gossips and many other reasons as well :)

just my two cents
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 07, 2008
ohhh posted twice sorry
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 07, 2008
raidah wrote::P
yeah, reading it over, i guess that does sound funny :lol: . with best friend and girl friend the idea kinda got repeated :lol:

anyways, who lives in dubai without any relatives knows just how important is to have smbody close to you.

tell me about it .. been here a year .. not a single friend .. sigh ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 07, 2008
reviewer wrote:People tends to search/look for love/relationship so hard that they all forgot to live their lives.....one need s to lighten up a bit...the more you search for it the more it becomes elusive....

true enough .. our wise old say dont run after a train, money and women .. it would come to you ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 07, 2008
i have been here a year now .. i live alone .. have no friends other then the ones i know in office .. been through hell finding a place to live and to adjust .. finally i managed all of this .. but sorry to say people here in Dubai are racist .. people only go for European or American .. i dont know why .. or they hang out with there own folks .. beside this place can not be called home .. Dubai dosnt give the that feel which is generally associated with a place called home .. so people are not willing to spend there life here (other then those who have no place to go back to) .. so they treat Dubai as the hub to move on or to go back .. in this sitution its highly unlikely to fall in serious relationships .. beside serious people are as extinct as the dinosaurs ..

and women of any race culture nationality ethinicity nationality look for three things
status
money
nationality
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 08, 2008
You're probably looking in the wrong places. But I do have to agree that there are far too many girls out there that simply just wanna have 'fun' rather than get into a relationship. But then again, that's probably because most guys want the same thing :lol:
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 08, 2008
Everything has its own time.....live your life....dont get bugged down with relationship ..it just adds to the stress of the living in a very fast paced city...
Relationship will come at a time no one expected it to come,,, :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 08, 2008
MC wrote:You're probably looking in the wrong places. But I do have to agree that there are far too many girls out there that simply just wanna have 'fun' rather than get into a relationship. But then again, that's probably because most guys want the same thing :lol:

hmmm .. so what are the right places ???? where i can find the girls looking for fUn .. not relationships .. as u said thats what guys want to .. right ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 08, 2008
reviewer wrote:Everything has its own time.....live your life....dont get bugged down with relationship ..it just adds to the stress of the living in a very fast paced city...

ahem .. i know .. :) .. it sure aint gonna come in dubai .. thats certain ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 09, 2008
Captain Sirus Black wrote:
reviewer wrote:Everything has its own time.....live your life....dont get bugged down with relationship ..it just adds to the stress of the living in a very fast paced city...

ahem .. i know .. :) .. it sure aint gonna come in dubai .. thats certain ..

Yo never know..it does come in unexpected places,,,(its that a song..?) oops:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 10, 2008
No one is bad!. evryone has something good inside which can't be ingored!......agreed for wait then they don't need anything else!........ don't look for you're understadind with her .. look how you can understand her!........ thing's then going so easy!..... try it!..............
O|DN07
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 12, 2008
reviewer wrote:Yo never know..it does come in unexpected places,,,(its that a song..?) oops:

auummmmm .. i dont think so .. love shove is all loads of shit .. its all your harmones .. see i love you is eight letters .. so is Bullshit .. :wink:
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 12, 2008
Hey Mr. M.

I've just seen your topic and totally agree with you.

I don't know, what is wrong, but have some thoughts:

- to easy to get a night one stand
- a lot of people live in bedspace or shared accomodation
- a lot of people here lie faster than the camels can run. VERY SAD HABIT!!!
- 9 1/2 out of 10 men think with a certain part of the body and NOT the brain
- people don't want to "mix up" with other nationalities. A lot of europians are very snoppy human being

Just some of my thougths on a tuesday evening without a ONE NIGHT STAND.

Take care.

Husalfen

PS:

If somebody gives you lemon, then make lemonade.
Husalfen
Dubai Forum Guest

CAPTAIN SIRIUS BLACK Feb 12, 2008
How sad for you.

Maybe you have met the wrong people OR are not openminded enough.

I could have more than 200 friends, if I'd kept all of them.

But I hand-pick my friends, because you can't trust a lot of people in Dubai. It seems, that people in this part of the world are born without both manners and common sense. Do you think, it's because of this people want to be friends with Americans or Europians????

And by the way:

What is wrong about being from there?

I'm danish and have ONLY one english friend and NO danish friends here in Dubai. The rest are from everywhere else.

You just need to be open-minded and behave in a nice way. Not spit on the street, pick in your nose and leave a wind at the diningtable.

Quite simple???????

Have a nice evening.

And I'm still free for VALENTINES EVENING. :D :( :P

Husalfen
Husalfen
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 12, 2008
MC wrote:You're probably looking in the wrong places. But I do have to agree that there are far too many girls out there that simply just wanna have 'fun' rather than get into a relationship. But then again, that's probably because most guys want the same thing :lol:

hmmm .. so what are the right places ???? where i can find the girls looking for fUn .. not relationships .. as u said thats what guys want to .. right ..

hahah this thread was for finding girls who want a relationship, not fun :P

But if you want fun, you are gonna have to figure that out on your own, not the one to encourage these things ;)
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 13, 2008
MC wrote:

But if you want fun, you are gonna have to figure that out on your own, not the one to encourage these things ;)

H E L L O O O ..did I hear that one right....... :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 13, 2008
MC wrote:hahah this thread was for finding girls who want a relationship, not fun :P

i was being sarcastic .. DUH !!! ... i would rather have friends and be casual then to be stuck in a relationship and ruin my whole life coz of all the Ifs and Buts and cants and wonts .. i think straight .. yes or no .. which dosnt work in a relationship i guess ..
Captain Sirus Black
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 13, 2008
reviewer wrote:
MC wrote:

H E L L O O O ..did I hear that one right....... :lol: :lol:

Yes, yes you did :D
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 13, 2008
MC wrote:hahah this thread was for finding girls who want a relationship, not fun :P

i was being sarcastic .. DUH !!! ... i would rather have friends and be casual then to be stuck in a relationship and ruin my whole life coz of all the Ifs and Buts and cants and wonts .. i think straight .. yes or no .. which dosnt work in a relationship i guess ..

Sometimes, a maybe is fine :wink:
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 14, 2008
MC wrote:

Sometimes, a maybe is fine :wink:

In the middle ground, having to lie in both beds.....quite fun sometimes.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2008
i only read the first post, someone tell me what are the desirable fashionable nationalities, companies & salaries?

australian, self employed - thumbs up or down? just in case my fiance dumps me :lol:
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance